HGC: Adventures wanted, Heroes needed

Welcome to a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Cosmere. We are a roleplaying group, dedicated to venturing around the entire cosmere fighting off evil. This will take place in a PM after you introduce yourself here.

Rules

Spoiler
  1. Do not make fun of anyone else's writing, no matter how long or short it may be.
  2. There will be no characters from the cosmere will be seen or made mention of. (There are certain exceptions)
  3. A character sheet/application is needed.
  4. Anything can happen. The story will be from post to post, so somethings can change drastically.
  5. HAVE FUN!

Application: Please don't make your character to OP. Limit the Investure to two magic systems. Ex. Stormlight and Breaths. Note: You may have up to two characters, a main and a side.

Spoiler

Full name:

Investiture:

Nationality of the cosmere:

Height:

Hair color:

Eye color:

Heroic history:

Personality:

What brought your character here?

(If you would like to include a picture you are welcome too)

You sit around a large oaken table. Which is strange considering that this place resides in Shadesmar. A man, who goes by the name of Sahin, is standing at the table's head, or you assume it is the head, as the table is round. Sahin wears a worn, but expensive cloak, only wearing armor on his arms and hands. A woman stands behind him. She wears a a large overcoat, that contains every color of brown imaginable. Her hair has several different colors in it. You are pulled from your obervations as Sahin speaks. 

"Welcome heroes of the Cosmere. Welcome to the Tower*. I know your trip has been an interesting one. So let be quick. Something is coming. Something big, it has it's attention, on Scadrial, Sel, Roshar, Taldain, and Nalthis. This is an evil that will take all of us working as a team. I am Sahin the Just, I am a Skybreaker of the third Ideal and a coinshot. This here is my associate and good friend Aurell Faine, who has just recently achieved the Sixth Heightening. We will take turns introducing ourselves before we begin with the serious business."

*Picture of the Tower

Spoiler

6c1d0a5684dd275393e24ee141c40f8b.thumb.jpg.c7bf77f55b0ec75ae5d679be12311465.jpg The Tower

I figured I would do one as well.

Spoiler

Full name: Sahin the Just

Investiture:

Nationality of the cosmere: Shadesmar. (That is where he was born, and resides.)

Height: 6' 2"

Hair color: Slicked back brown hair

Eye color: Light Blue

Heroic history: He doesn't really consider himself a hero.

Personality: Sarcastic, Daring, Steadfast, Loyal, Observant, Dedicated and Kind.

What brought your character here? Uhhh..... He was raised here...

Picture Below, Credit: Darxey 

darxey_by_omupied-d69ktry.thumb.jpg.abfd9a4664f8b763c6ffc3722b64d563.jpg

Edited by Sahin the Just

Full name: Eighth of Midnight

Investiture: Awakener of the 4th Heightening, worldhopper.

Nationality of the cosmere: First of the Sun

Height: 6'1"

Hair color: Black

Eye color: Dark Brown

Heroic history: Generally tries to keep a low profile, most people don't know about him as he likes to work in the background.

Personality: Serious, honorable, kind.

What brought your character here? A rumor that has been passing around, one that, if true, could mean the end of everything.

I'm imagining him looking something like this, credit: aenaluck on DeviantArt

8a188f9fed1a028bc3e62e6385dba3e4.thumb.jpg.4dc6cd14538c0fc794711002fd0bf358.jpg

(can I use the ghostbloods profile)

Full name: Dwig Jigdens

Investiture: Twinborn (Lurcher/Sentry)

Nationality of the cosmere: Scaridan 

Height: 6 foot

Hair color: purple

Eye color: green

Heroic history: (saved the world twice) and also travels around helping folk

Personality: EXTREMELY WITY and sarcastic  and smart 

What brought your character here? to find people who share my ideals

This is actually the 1st time I’ve played an RPG, so bear with me, please.

Full Name: Sallin Zeras

Investiture: Edgedancer of the Second Oath, Nicroburst Misting, can alter his spiritweb to be a Soother

Nationality of the Cosmere: Rosharan, Alethi

Height: 5’7”

Hair Color: Black

Eye Color: Grey

Heroic History: He saved his mother and older brother from the Voidbringers when he swore the Second Ideal. His father taught him how to use swords

Personality: Confident, Positive, Charming, Helping, and Forgiving

What Brought your Character Here?: He is looking for more information about the Knights Radiant, as he suspects his father, who disappeared long ago, was also a Knight Radiant. His search eventually led him to Shadesmar

6076CF75-89A7-4ED8-8A8D-61EA6B96AB15.jpeg.902dc995c49591df18798e880953c5ed.jpeg

Edited by Sallin Zeras

My first time RPing here on the Shard, so I'd appreciate your patience as well. :)

Full name: Rayz "Hukumukia'kilakador" Cristasdotter

Investiture: None, but by virtue of her heritage she can see spren.

Nationality of the cosmere: An unholy combination of half Horneater, half Shin. Rosharan.

Height: 5'5 and 1/2 inches. (The 1/2 short of 5'6 is VERY important)

Hair color: Brown, with faint blond and red tinges. 

Eye color: Indiscriminate: Grayish greenish bluish.

Heroic history: Rayz acted as a bodyguard/odd jobs worker to a very minor merchant for several years. She accidentally saved a small mining village against an small invasion by throwing her sword - in desperation and annoyance - at the leader of the force and stabbing him through the eye by chance. She is an accidental hero.

Personality: Rayz speaks more than ten Rosharan languages and enjoys playing up her accent to make people think that she's a joker. With more self-control than is warranted her, Rayz enjoys using her swordswomanship and goofy wit to make fools out of people much wiser and more experienced than she.

What brought your character here? Rayz got drunk - not for the first time, but probably the last - and bragged about her capabilities to a worldhopper at the Horneater Peaks. This worldhopper decided to humble Rayz by throwing her into a perpendicularity. She's wandered around since then while trying to find a way back to Roshar and ended up at the Tower while begging for food. Somehow she got in.

Picture of Rayz

-Shirt untucked

-Brown hair with blond/red tinges

-Light skin

-Thin but muscular

-Wears skirt over trousers when feeling particularly feminine.

Rayz.jpg

Edited by I am Witless
Finally added picture

Full name: Praxon. (doesn't tell anyone his returned name)

Investiture: Returned, has a nicrosil metalmind with the equivalent of 400 breaths in it, is a nicrosil ferring so that he can use the metalmind. 

Nationality of the cosmere: Nalthis.

Height: 6'0

Hair color: Varies.

Eye color: Varies

Heroic history: Was made returned 150 years before Pahn Kahl. Disliked being contained so much. in a okace where no body was doing anything to help. Found his way off planet using Endowments shardpool. Traveled the cosmere, eventually found his way to scadrial, where he unknowingly found some world hoppers who he helped. They taught him how to use his breath to manipulate his appearance.

Personality: Kindly, helpful, independent.

What brought your character here? He heard rumors that this place was going to help people from a huge threat.

Edited by MacThorstenson

Full name: Brutus Klønete

Investiture: Spikes that grant me the of Coinshot and Subsumer abilities and about 50 breaths (but I have no clue what to do with them).

Nationality of the Cosmere: Fjorden 

Height: 5' 8'

Hair color: Dyed bright red and burgundy ('cus hey I was in T'Telir)

Eye color: Usually green but when I use different types of investiture they turn black and leak smoke.

Heroic history: I was trained in the Fjeldor monastery, after graduating I was assigned to infiltrate Elantris but fell into a blue pond as I was crossing the mountains behind the city. To my surprise, I ended up in a weird world then to my further surprise a white-haired man insulted me and directed me towards a fellow from Scadrial who was in the area. This Scadrian explained the concept of the Cosmere, as well as a few ins and outs of hemalurgy, the Scadrian fellow (name of Delmore), was on his way to Nalthis I followed him there where I purchased about 50 breaths, we were about to go back thru the perpendicularity when I tripped and fell on a high priest. I spent about a year in prison when I got out Delmore had left, since then I have spent my time doing low-level infiltration and assassination jobs.

Personality: Quiet with a vain of sarcastic humor, very loyal and quick to anger. 

What brought your character here? I had been abandoned on Nalthis when I caught wind of the tower and figured I would see what it was all about 'cus hey, there might be free food.

FYI, I have never done anything like this before, if I am doing it wrong please tell me.

Edited by The Forgetful Archivist

Full name: Hethil Erikell

Investiture: Allomancy (More specifically, Tineye) I recently acquired an aviar, that provides cognitive disguise

Nationality of the cosmere: Scadrian

Height: 5' 9" (I slouch just a bit)

Hair color: Light Brown

Eye color: Blue

Heroic history: When visiting shardworlds for trading purposes, I frequently get involved in squabbles, and I help the side that I believe is fighting for the most justice. I act as a spy, and infiltrator, because many know me as a merchant, it is easier to get behind enemy lines

Personality: Thoughtful, quiet and a good listener, but not reserved. When I do have something to say, I believe it is very important, and I have put a great deal of thought into it. I am mostly of a happy/serious demeanor, but don't discount that a joke could pop out.

What brought your character here? I was recruited by Sahin's team with the promise of being able to save many of my most lucrative trade routes from destruction by this evil that is threatening my homeland and many other planets.

Full name: Zephyr Cahors

Investiture: Steel Ferring, and Windrunner

Nationality of the cosmere: Scadrian

Height: 6'1"

Hair color: Brown

Eye color: Gray

Heroic history: I worked as a bodyguard for hire, known for brutal efficiency, usually seen with a pair of long knives. Hired by nobles across Scadrial, I am well known. I never accepts a partnership that I see as corrupt or evil. I would serve as a strong fighter, and assassin. I am also a weapon smith, capable of repairing weapons, and creating new ones as well

Personality: I'm a loner for the most part, and have a hard time opening up to people. I'm very keen of wit, and very easily annoyed, often letting out long exasperated sighs of despair. Although he is generally apathetic, he can get into moods where he becomes extremely silly, making jokes, and smiling like a lunatic. I wear varying shades of gray with my white long coat. I'm not what one would call clean shaven but have no beard, and have moderately long hair, generally kept in a bun so it's out of the way

What brought your character here? After learning about the cosmere on Scadrial I went to Roshar gaining an Honorspren. Whilst riding the Highstorm an unusually strong wind blew me into a large boulder, knocking me out. I fell into Honor's Perpindicularity, and I found out about something big going down. With nothing better to do, I decided to join in. 

I might draw a picture to put here:

Edited by Blazenella

Just wanted to post a cool thing that my character said in the RP.

"My vision is a bit biased, considering the only place I remember is the most beautiful place in the cosmere, and I had perfect pitch and perfect color recognition. But I will try to do it justice. 

The experience of being in nature is a multitude of dichotomies.

Its both humbling and pleasing. (prouding?) When you see its beauty, feel the warm heat of the sun on your skin, see the ancient trees that have stood for hundreds of years, and the grand mountains in the distance, their majesty humbles you. It reminds you that we aren't in charge of the universe, we didn't make any of this and it will be here long after you are gone. But in a way, you are proud that you were able to leave your mark along with the greats. In a world controlled by shards and investiture, to know that your people left an impact, it gives you some pride.

When I was just returned, I wished with all my heart to be able to see the trees and things spoke of by the poets and song writers in the palace. When I finally got there, I was not disappointed. The beauty of the trees themselves pales in the writings, because when you look solely at the tree, it appears to be nothing, looking at how its roots grip the forest floor, and how the light of the sun and the moon's light filters through its branches, how animals of all types live and depend on it for life, The poets descriptions paled in comparison, because how could you capture the beauty of an object when they didn't focus on the entire world. 

Yet despite that glory and majesty, they were still a small part of the environment and its infinite complexity. When a storm came, and the peaceful fluffy clouds turned into rolling behemoths of wind and water and lighting, they would tear down trees and destroy fields, yet they still contained their own beauty despite being agents of destruction. 

I think the final part of nature is that it resides in the physical realm, and exists there, but yet not in a vacuum. Here, people come to better themselves in some way. Be it through money, or power, and they try to separate themselves from their past lives. They try to exist in a vacuum. In nature, its impossible to exist in a vacuum, everything is connected in beautiful and amazing ways."

Praxon coughs and looks down, "Sorry. I still don't think I was able to capture it for you."

Full name: Tharem Shakh 

Investiture: Truthwatcher of the third ideal, awakener of the third heightening, and a skilled forger(is it okay for him to be both an awakener and a forger? If not simply ignore the awakener status) 

Nationality of the cosmere: Alethi

Height: 6'0'

Eye color: Blue 

Heroic history: Not a whole ton of heroism in his history... He joined the ardents at the age of 15. Though he trained with the sword, and occasionally acted as a swordmaster, he primarily follows intellectual, rather than martial pursuits. During a trip to the Horneater peaks to preach Vorinism, he found a worldhopper who had recently exited Cultivation's Perpendicularity. He ended up following the worldhopper back to Cultivation's Perpendicularity at a later time, and ultimately following them through the portal with a group of Horneaters. Following is a long saga of exploration and discovery, during which he discovered worldhopping. Many of his Horneater companions died along the way. During his time in the cognitive realm, he bonded a Truthwatcher spren name Eyre, and swore the first, second, and third ideals. Currently he has only visited Sel and Nalthis, though he intends to visit Silverlight soon. During his travels he has learned the arts of awakening and Forgery, as well as the languages of the Horneaters, the Rose Empire, Hallendren, Jah Keved, and Azir. He recently returned to Roshar.

Personality: He is very knowledgeable, having spent the majority of his life studying and reading. He seeks to control his situation by thinking quickly and calmly, and so he usually acts and speaks in a very controlled manner. He is not afraid of a fight though, and will easily transition from diplomacy to full-on war.   

What brought your character here?: His feet nothing in particular. He just heard about a meeting and decided to attend. 

Full name: I don't really have the time to come up with a horneater name XD. He goes by Khahk, which is the name assigned to him by Tharem.

Investiture: Fourth heightening, though unlike Tharem, he is not a skilled awakener. 

Nationality of the cosmere: Horneater

Height: 6'4"

Eye color: Brown

Heroic history: He doesn't have anything especially heroic in his history. He is the second son in a horneater family, and a skilled hunter. He is currently the only member of Tharen's party of five horneaters still alive. 

Personality: Khahk has an adventurous and competitive personality. He is always ready for a challenge and even actively seeks it. 

What brought your character here?: Tharem 

Edited by Quickbronze

Full Name: Gyp Tenslaid (pronounced Jip)

Investiture: Has spoken second Ideal (Windrunner). Honorspren's name: Saen (pronounced Sayn)

Nationality of the Cosmere: From Roshar, Thaylenah: Thaylen City. Parents were Iriali.

Height: Average height of eighteen year old girl

Hair Color: Long and yellow

Eye Color: Light green

Heroic History: None

Personality: Loves to be sarcastic. Doesn't care if others don't love her to be sarcastic. Is perfectly willing to destroy them in combat (or at least try to) when they get mad at her for being so sarcastic.

What brought your character here? ...Um...my character is not currently Cosmere-aware, so that's a bit iffy. Honestly I can alter this bit to suit what y'all need.

Full name: Tyltriina Amberscade

Investiture: Has a boon/bane from the nightwatcher that is... interesting.

Nationality of the cosmere: Rosharan

Height: 5’2”

Eye color: Lavender with ragged, small starburst shaped pupils.

Heroic history: Street urchin turned scholar that went to the nightwatcher to cure her blindness and got something she never expected in return. First time world hopper, wasn’t previously a world hopper, but was already cosmere aware.

Personality: Talks a fair amount, surly, snaps at those who mention her eyes. Often seems disconnected and stares off into the distance. Intelligent, and self sufficient.

What brought your character here? Research lead her to believe that not all is as it seems, and the group at the Tower could be a solution. She wants to help, but fears she cannot.

Hope this is ok. The boon/bane is the only magic she has. It is not very powerful.

Edited by Mistspren

Ooh, this looks good. I've only participated in RP's on one other forum, but I enjoyed it and the format was very similar to this. Just to be clear, this makes certain assumptions about the Cosmere. If you disagree with something I say, please let me know! Also, how much will I have to read to get the gist of the story so far? It doesn't matter that much, I'm just curious.

Full name: Arah Arvish (Real name)

Investiture: Pinnacle ferring.

Nationality of the cosmere: Threnody.

Height: 5'11"

Hair color: Deep black

Eye color: Sea Green

Heroic history: Not heroic per se, but it is certainly a history. She was born on Threnody as a slave silver miner and forger. However horrible it was, she new that she would have to bide her time if she wanted to escape. Eventually, her opportunity came, and she stabbed her slaver with his own knife. Eventually she made her way to the Forest's of Hell, where she made a living for herself in a bar serving as a waitress. Again however, she was only biding her time until better opportunities, and eventually, one came. She caught a Slider using his abilities, and begged him to teach her. Eventually he gave in, and introduced himself as a Scadrian Pinnacle and Slider (explaining relevant Cosmere theory) stuck on Threnody until he can access a perpendicularity. He became her mentor, and many years later they managed to get into Shadesmar. After learning becoming a hemalurgic expert, she spiked out the Pinnacle in her master, although she expected to also be able to get the Slider ability. Her goals are now to become as powerful as possible through any means possible. Right now, that means finding another magic system to receive or spike out of someone.

Personality: Very driven, which is why she can afford to constantly store determination. She is unafraid almost everything. She believes in doing anything to get her way.

What brought your character here?: Seeking an opportunity, no matter what it is.

This is really the first RP that I've been in and it sounds exiting. I hope this is okay... If any one has any objections please tell me.

Full Name: Leon Drin

Investiture: Rewriter (currently an Elsecaller Radiant of the third oath)

Nationality: Rewriter (currently an Alethi Ardent-Radiant on Roshar)

Height: 4' 1'' (DON'T call him short!)

Eye color: Bright Green

Heroic History: Sent to Roshar to observe Odium in the name of Dark-Adonalsium (see my signature) he realized that the amount of destruction that would come from this catastrophe is more than he wanted to take responsibility for, so he hid from the rest of his kind looking for a way to stop Dark-Adonalsium.

Personality: Suspicious of almost everyone. However he is more than willing to share his scholarly findings.

What brought your character here?: He thought that he could use this meeting to learn more about Dark-Adonalsium and find a way to weaken him and give the Shards a chance to defeat him.

And thus the adventure of the Scadrial Hitchhikers begins. A socially awkward spren, an (maybe) OP guy who looks like every other hot superhero out there, and a young woman up to her ears in cuss words set off on their journey to Elendel guided by a map of Scadrial as portrayed by the book Melly the Misting. They are watched by a mysterious man from his shop in Elendel, and his origins and purpose for observing them is unknown. But they draw closer, closer......

Oh, and they also meet Harmony, but that is a minor point.

This would be;

a.) The best movie in the world, 

or

b.) The worst movie in the world.

Hey, this looks really cool!

Full name: Apheo Makon

Investiture: A-Chromium/F-Duralumin Twinborn, and a spike gives him Feruchemical Chromium, allowing for compounding. He's extremely protective of the spike.

Nationality of the cosmere: Northern Scadrian

Height: 5'6"

Eye color: Brown

Heroic history: Well, he stole the spike, so there's that, but he also has a habit of helping people in extremely dire circumstances, using his luck to aid them.

Personality: He's mute and deaf, so as you can imagine, he's not the most extroverted kind of guy. he can lip read, however, if the person he's lipreading talks slowly. He likes to joke about his condition, and 'talks' using pencil and paper.

What brought your character here? Compounded some luck and ended up overhearing someone travelling to the tower to save the world. he thought he would join

Edited by I think I am here.