[OB] Shaladin

Tesh

Alright, I'm usually not a fan of romance in books. But Sanderson does it so well.

If Shallan got Adolin, who will Kaladin get? I had this thought in school a few weeks ago, and wanted to see if anyone agrees with me.

Kaladin and Lyn.

It's far from a perfect match, but I can see it happening. Anyone else?

Kaladin and Lyn would be a weird match, considering that she was named after a real-life person. I don't think there's anything there. Maybe Kaladin and Lift during the back five books? That's assuming that Lift will eventually start to look her age. That being said, Kaladin ending up with Shallan isn't a completely mad prospect just yet. 

13 hours ago, ZenBossanova said:

I still think Jasnah & Kaladin for a political marriage is what will happen. 

He isn't just a bridgeboy anymore. He is one of most important people on Roshar. 

They are already allies so a political marriage doesn't really make much sense and isnt necessary.

3 hours ago, IronBars said:

They are already allies so a political marriage doesn't really make much sense and isnt necessary.

Jasnah would disagree, I am certain. She knows enough history that she can point out examples where things started like this, but ended in war, or the end of the dynasty. 

Notice, just how quickly she pulled in Shallan when she realized she was a Radiant, or just how willing she was to assassinate her sister-in-law, the queen. 

Kaladin is the most important and powerful Radiant, behind Dalinar, AND he has the most squires and new Radiants. He will accumulate power, even if accidentally. 

That power needs to be contained. Marriage is the best, oldest and time-honored way to do it. 

• Chaos locked this topic