The Slice: HUGE OPENING SALE

Lord Meeker

A new bakery has opened up in the second octant of Elendel city. The sign on the window reads baked Delicious Edibles And Truffles Hemalurgically-pierced goods at great prices, come in an order now! 45% off! Another sign reads similarly. The inside of the store is large, surprisingly so. Several tables of different shapes take most of the room. A man stands behind a counter displaying several cakes and pasties. A man idly stands behind the counter, waiting for business.

The well-dressed man walking in front of Aersa entered a shop and a delicious smell wafted out onto the street. Aersa's stomach growled. 

Work could wait for a couple hours. She entered into the bakery behind the man.

As Lopen walked past this quaint little place he marveled at the nice dimension work, as his stomach rumbled at the familiar smell of desserty deliciousness with a pinch of metal. "This is nice little gancho." The spren over his shoulder looked at him with a question in its eyes. "Of course not! These people seem to be doing truly good work, advancing science and satisfying taste buds. But perhaps we should ask them if they would be interested in a merger..." He looked distracted while modifying the Aon Tia to return to his laboratory. "Let’s worry about that allomantic dragon Radiant that escaped from my type IV awakened cage." He waved the Aon Tia out of the air. "Little gancho, how’d you like to pay your cousins a visit? If you spren are anything like us Herdazians, I’d love to meet them." As soon as he finished this sentence he transitioned to Shadesmar, the only things remaining to hint of his presence in Elendel being some cookie crumbs and a few new DA subjects recruits.

He was later spotted haggling for a popcorn making  fabrial with a few unhappy looking spren.

Edited by LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian

"Let me tell you something, Rafael," Archer leans in to say, "I've been all over this city. I've had cookies from every Octant. I know cookies. And these? These pathetic excuses for a desert are just mass produced garbage! I mean, it's not even the right - oh, wait a minute. I've been holding them upside-down. Oops." Archer takes a moment to scratch his head and flip the cookie over. "Looking at it from this angle they're a whole lot prettier. I like the arrangement of those little chocolate chips. I'll take three. How much are they?"

Ryker just shakes his head, sighing. "The cookies are a boxing each discount included." Trusting himself not to speak his mind, Ryker slips three cookies into a paper bag, and moves over to the boxing register. He waits patiently at the till for Archer. "Is there anything else you would like?"

"Don't rush me Randy! You've got to take your time in life, stop and smell the aluminum once in a while. Hey, you don't mind if I have a seat over by the window do you? To eat my cookies? This place makes me feel so good, I don't want to leave just yet." 

"Thank you Rudolph." Archer grabbed his bag and waltzed over to the nearest table to have a seat. Pulling out a cookie, he placed it on the table. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a small notebook and pencil, then began to write seemingly absentmindedly on the first page. 

A man in a Black leather trench coat  sprinted into the tiny bakery and slammed the door shut. Locking it, just as something slammed into it from the other side. Panting, he hung his trench coat and bowler hat on the coat rack and wiped the sweat from his brow. "Never again will I spike an eldritch horror's offspring," He swore to himself muttering. "My friend!" He exclaimed when his eyes fell on lopen, "I just got your message. This looks like an amazing place! Glancing around the room, he glared at archer, then turned to Ryker, "I trust you are the proprietor?"