'10,000 Dawn's: Poor Man's Illiad' Kickstarter

Fifth of Daybreak

Hey guys!

I'm excited to announce that a while ago I was asked to help create stories in a Sci-Fi universe one of my good friends created. While I only have one very short story in this volume, I've got a novella length piece that will be published in volume two along with another small character piece he asked me to do. 

So what is '10,000 Dawns?' Set in our solar system in the far future, the original novel written by James Wylder is about a universe that has been subjegated under the oppressive rule of crony capitalism taken to its most pernicious extreme. The Centro Corporation is both the only business in existence, as well as the government, inside and out. It is ruled by a shadowy cabal known only as the Board of Directors. '10,000 Dawns' explores this universe late in its history as one of those directors invents a technology that can breach into other universes, and needless to say, hijinks ensue. While I haven't checked the ranking lately, during an aggressive marketing campaign James was able to push the novel that started this universe, '10,000 Dawns' to the number one spot in time travel books. You can also read it for free online at his website, or get it as part of a bundle with this Kickstarter. 

Poor Man's Illiad, the anthology being kick-started now, explores the history of the universe leading up to the revolution against Centro Systems by the colonies that have settled on Mars. This unique history is what drew me to the universe in the first place, and I was happy to explore it with this team of talented local writers. With the interwoven tapestry of voices writing these events, each with their own take, any Sci-Fi enthusiast is sure to find at least one story they enjoy in this huge anthology, which had to be split into two volumes due to the sheer amount of material submitted.

If you have any interest, I highly encourage you guys to go check out his Kickstarter page for more information to see if this is right for you. There's more information available about the project there, and if you have any questions feel free to ask me on here if you don't want to go through Kickstarter, and I'll be happy to get in touch with James if I don't have the answer. 

Without any further pomp or circumstance, here's the link to the Kickstarter. Come check us out!

Edited by Fifth of Daybreak