Sheridan_rd

During Calamity, we learn the titular antagonist has "gifted" Epic powers to people instead of "investing" (non-Cosmere, but still works.) them with abilities.

I believe this distinction was the preventive factor in the children of Epics NOT inheriting power; considering Motivators work on genetic mimicry and offspring would share similar DNA strands to parents.

This limitation has likely been removed when Calamity went the way of Evocation. 

Which bares the question: How will Epic powers be inherited? 

Will the kid get the same power as their powered parent with a personal touch like Tavi?

Will children of 2 Epics  (David and Megan) get both powersets, or will there be "Interference" like with Epics and certain Motivators? 

Or will a child's non-powered heritage cause "Interference" granting a very different ability from their Epic parent?

Well, assuming that Mirror!Tia isn't also an Epic (I don't recall it was confirmed that Mirror!Prof was the Epic of the couple, but Tavi's not surprised to see him sharing her powers so...) then Tavi is an example of an Epic with essentially the same powerset as their one empowered parent. So we have some evidence for Epic/non-Epic couples essentially passing on power directly. There's a pre-Calamity WoB where Brandon mentioned that 'Epicness' doesn't necessarily get inherited but it can be, so it's hypothetically possible for an Epic to have only non-Epic children.

As for the hypothetical children of David and Megan... well, I'm pretty certain they'll be small-e epic whether or not they're also big-e Epics, given who their parents are. xD But I'm inclined to guess that they would either get one powerset or some weird hybrid (like maybe 'creating illusions out of steel objects' or something) rather than getting both sets. Largely because just imagine how broken the combination of both of those would be in a single person.

On 3/16/2018 at 0:57 PM, Weltall said:

As for the hypothetical children of David and Megan... well, I'm pretty certain they'll be small-e epic whether or not they're also big-e Epics, given who their parents are. xD But I'm inclined to guess that they would either get one powerset or some weird hybrid (like maybe 'creating illusions out of steel objects' or something) rather than getting both sets. Largely because just imagine how broken the combination of both of those would be in a single person.

My theory, and this is purely speculative:

The "Epic gene" will be a dominant now that Calamity is gone.  And inheritance will be quantitatively cumulative, but not usually qualitatively in dual Epic parents. 

Because, that was Calamity's original mission.  Its "Kind" sent 'him' to seed the Earth, so after several generations of combined power sets a being of similar power will be produced thus propagating the species.