What has made you cry?

Ink

It’s happened to us all, you’re reading a book/watching a movie/playing a videogame, and there’s just that one moment where something happens and you just get all emotional, either because of a death, a revalation, or something to that effect. What are times this has happened to you? If there are spoilers, please put it in a spoiler tag.  Also, for games especially, it has to be repeatable, i.e. not a pvp win or anything to that effect. Please don’t judge too harshly, it can get pretty personal.

Mine:

Undertale

Two here, Neutral/pacifist Asriel’s story in New Home, and SAVEing Asriel. 

Mistborn

Elend and Vin’s death

Minecraft: Story mode

Ruben’s death

Harry Potter

Dumbledore and Hedwig’s deaths

Unbroken

A lot of it. As Brandon would say, and our four least favorite words: RAFO.

I may add more if it happens or I remember later on, as an edit.

Edit: Warbreaker, completely forgot about lightsong 

Edited by Quell
forgetfulness

The movie "Gods and Generals" about the Civil war.

The end of THoA, even though I knew how it was going to end.

The epilogue of Les Miserables, whatever version I'm watching. Because ALL OF THE DEAD PEOPLE ARE SINGING ABOUT LOVE AND NOT FIGHTING EACH OTHER ANYMORE.

I am a serious sucker for soundtracks.  Well placed music sends me into waterfall mode.

The end of Braveheart had me ugly sobbing for like 30 straight minutes.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy movies in several different places.  Hand shoved onto my face in the theater trying not to make noises.  The soundtrack hit me so hard.

The end of the book Marley and Me. Cause dogs.  Dogs are the best.  Oh man, I'm crying right now thinking about.

The Lion King occasionally will still hit me hard.  1) Mufasa   2) the end with the ascension to Pride Rock with the rain and the MUSIC ahhhh

John Greene. That book where the friend dies near the end? And it's still sad even though you saw it coming? It brought me to tears. 

When Spock died in Wrath of Khan. The whole scene in the warp core was so sad. 

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of at the moment. 

look, i aint a very emotional person. My job kinda relies on me not being sensitive. also, i was on anti-anxiety/depressant meds for most my childhood, so i didnt really cry to anything other than unbearable pain..

That said.. The anime "Clannad: Afterstory" destroyed me

cried from the end of ep 16 to 23. 

Oh man. I cry easily at books and movies. I've even got a shelf on my GoodReads for "I cried" :lol: Here are a few off the top of my head:

Movies:
Coco
Arrival
Passengers
Rogue One
the animated short "Piper" that played before Finding Dory (not out of sadness, it was just TOO CUTE TO HANDLE)

Books:
In Harry Potter, the deaths of Dobby, Hedwig, Remus and Tonks, Fred, and Sirius
the end of Alcatraz vs the Dark Talent
All 3 Stormlight books so far have brought me to tears, usually in the climaxes.
the end of HoA
I Don't Want to Kill You and Nothing Left to Lose from Dan Wells's John Cleaver series

I am a sucker for certain types of scenes, especially noble sarifice type things.  so yea, Lightsong's scenes in warbreaker, where we see him in his old life before he returns, and then we see him give up his life again...it's almost enough to make me tear up just writing that.  It's just a one-two punch of exactly the sort of thing that hits me.

i also go in for some of those sappy "you have to have hope" sort of scenes, though I don't have a specific example that I can think of off the top of my head.