Books and stuff... also hello!!!

Exerxes

Hello! Welcome to the Shard! a wondererful place of Nerds, Cookies, and Theorizing!

The first Sanderson book i ever picked up was Alacatraz vs. The Evil Librarians.

Speaking of cookies, you can have one of mine if you like :) (Also I Advise not to give away your breath as @Niteshado wants you to) And a free upvote must always accompany the sale of any baked good, it's only courtesy

Cookie.png.df759478fd64d1d4629f26e760c0832d.png.ed379f381757a41905a1d0d2dc92a549.png

25 minutes ago, Niteshado said:

Mine was Mistborn!!

Welcome and have an upvote!!

here, we like to greet others by saying "my life to yours, My breath become yours" but you gotta say it with meaning!! you should try!!

You go first :)

Alas! I would but becoming a drab would be a terrible thing for me to be doing!

Alcatraz! (because I liked the cover art) At first I didn't even realize that he was a epic fantasy writer, I thought he just did YA books. Luckily my library had some of his other stuff, and I got hooked on progressively longer and longer books until I found myself addicted to the heavy novels, staying up late at night reading, dreary eyed, ignoring the rest of the world as I sought that ultimate high-point in the text... I guess you could say Alcatraz was the gateway drug for me when it comes to Sanderson's books. Ironically, I finished the longer series like mistborn before Alcatraz because it took so rutabegaing long for the dark talent to come out. I'm still mad about that.

Welcome to the Shard! 

7 hours ago, Exerxes said:

Hello everyone!

Since i was introduced to the wonderous world of Brandon Sanderson just a couple of months ago i would like to ask you guys a question?

What was the first book of Sanderson's that you have read???

Mine was Steelheart. :D:D

Elantris =)

I read Way of Kings first!  I'd heard of it through a youtube channel I watch (Skallagrim, he talks about weapons, and he had a video about shardblades being the ultimate fantasy weapon).  And I thought it sounded cool, but nah I'm not going to get into another tremendously long unfinished series...

And then someone called me an Airsick Lowlander, so I googled what that was about...and decided I hadn't read anything great for a while, so it was worth the risk.

And then I read everything else he's published except Wheel of Time (and now White Sand 2, I'm sure my library will get it eventually...)

My first Sanderson book was Mistborn. I have never really cared for traditional fantasy books with elves, wizards, dwarves, and dragons. My roommate in college recommended it because Sanderson "could really write magic and doesn't include traditional fantasy races". I read Final Empire and I was hooked. I had no idea the rabbit hole I had dipped into though.

Also I have got to add that upon finishing The Hero of Ages I, at age 27 or so, actually stood up on my bed punched the sky and screamed I was so happy with the turnout. It's still my favorite ending to book.

Edited by theuntaintedchild