Origin of your username

Tesh

My username, Ryker Sinclair, is actually a character in a book that I am writing. It may or may not be Brandon Sanderson inspired. He was a character along with three others, gained the power of creation which they split between them, and Ryker got the power of Gravitation, one of the forces of nature. Remind you of Kaladin, maybe? From that point on he was known as a Key. They created certian worlds with humans altered in their image. He was(still will) appear in all of my novels in this cosmere, he was the Hoid of my cosmere. He would eventually go on to bring together a team of heroes, from previous novels, against the evil that was trying to collect all the Keys to become God, Himself. That is the basis of my username.

1 hour ago, RiyriaMistborn said:

My two favorite series. Need I say more? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Riyria Revelations and Mistborn. Wish I could add a SA reference in there somewhere, but then it would be getting long... 

I also go by BrinnaSilvio on some other websites, and she's an OC from my (unfinished) novel. 

I actually own Theft of Swords, but I haven't started reading it. I'll probably start soon, though. I've heard that the third book makes you want to throw it across the room. (My friend, who is a Sanderfan but not on this site, said that's what she did. She was also the one who suggested them to me).

Just now, Tesh said:

I actually own Theft of Swords, but I haven't started reading it. I'll probably start soon, though. I've heard that the third book makes you want to throw it across the room. (My friend, who is a Sanderfan but not on this site, said that's what she did. She was also the one who suggested them to me).

Third book meaning Nyphron Rising, or Heir of Novron?  XD  (Curse those republications for screwing with book numbers)

Both are acceptable answers.  Nyphron Rising is probably the slowest of the Revelations books, and Heir of Novron (which contains Wintertide and Percepliquis) is the most painful due to character deaths, kinda like Hero of Ages was.

To be fair, I slammed Oathbringer down on the table and took a 7 hour cry break after reading the end of part 3...

17 minutes ago, RiyriaMistborn said:

To be fair, I slammed Oathbringer down on the table and took a 7 hour cry break after reading the end of part 3...

It was 11 at night when I read that, and was trying soi hard not to sob, so I wouldn't get in trouble. I literally went into mourning. I wore a black jacket to school the next day.

8 minutes ago, Tesh said:

It was 11 at night when I read that, and was trying soi hard not to sob, so I wouldn't get in trouble. I literally went into mourning. I wore a black jacket to school the next day.

I made the mistake of reading it right before Thanksgiving lunch/dinner...  So my eyes were all red and puffy.

1 hour ago, RiyriaMistborn said:

I made the mistake of reading it right before Thanksgiving lunch/dinner...  So my eyes were all red and puffy.

I'm probably going to start it once I finish Maximum Ride.

Eluviani is my real name. I like it because it's kind of a weird name and I've never met anyone else who has it. Besides it sounds cool, it's on the weird side but still pronounceable so it just fits in everything I want it to.

I like to think of it as the best birthday present I've been given.

14 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

I like it because it's kind of a weird name and I've never met anyone else who has it. Besides it sounds cool, it's on the weird side but still pronounceable so it just fits in everything I want it to.

i do like your name. You are correct when you say it sounds cool. 

I was always writing things from when I was like 9, and I always entered whatever name happened to be one of the main characters from what I was writing right now. That character happened to be Leyrann when I signed up for the Wheel of Time wikia, and a little later for Dragonmount. I was around a lot on Dragonmount from that point on, and in the upcoming months it started to become my own name, then I also used it for my League of Legends account, which became the game I just kept playing, and because of that, it has stuck.

To the point that the character Leyrann has disappeared from all I write, in fact, because Leyrann = me, and not anymore the character. But to be fair, it was a bit of a flat character anyways.

Edit: Oh, and here I can shamelessly draw attention to my member title being "Leyspren", as Ley is of course short for Leyrann and you pronounce it the same as liespren, the other name for Cryptics.

Edited by Leyrann

@Toaster Retribution, I will forever take pride in taking a part in inspiring your wonderful current username. It really is a very good one.

Mine started out as a name for an OC character in a Mistborn fanfic I started writing. The character's real name was Rathil and Firerust was his pseudonym, and I liked the thought of using Firerust as a username on this site more than the character's real name. I never ended up writing that Mistborn fanfic, and I now use the character for a roleplay on this site instead.

19 minutes ago, Neithan said:

It means "the wronged" in Sindarin.

He will have his moment of glory one day at Dagor Daggorath and it shall make up for all he suffered. According to prophesy, "That day Tulkas shall strive with Morgoth, and on his right hand shall be Eönwë, and on his left Túrin Turambar, son of Húrin, coming from the halls of Mandos;and Melkor and his drakes shall curse the sword of Gurthang and the black sword of Túrin shall deal unto Morgoth his death and final end; and so shall the children of Húrin and all Men be avenged."

Edited by Ammanas

5 hours ago, Neithan said:

"Neithan" is a rather obscure alias for Túrin Turambar from The Silmarillion. It means "the wronged" in Sindarin.

You have the exact same avatar that a guy with the name Turin Turambar has had for years on dragonmount. Are you the same guy?

@Gargoyle I'm not sure how to respond to that (English is not my mother tongue) but I think it would be Eluv-yani, it comes from the Zapoteca culture from Mexico, originally it was spelled Guendabiaaani if I remember correctly but my parents adapted it to be a bit more reasonable.

And actually I started to listen to their music recently, a friend of mine told me I had to because it sounded like my name and I'm glad she did.

My favorite character is Syl in the stormlight series, my name is Michelle so I thought Misyl was a clever way to say my name in the cosmere. Honestly, I’m not very creative with these things, that is why I love to read books not write them!  So many people have the coolest names! I love seeing what people come up with! 

My dad told me a story about a girl named Veve every night until I was around 13ish. Figbert, a big brown bird like creature that could teleport, and split up into several smaller Berts, or many tiney Rts. He was my favorite character, so my first username was Figbert. Then my brother joined as Figberts, and to avoid confusion, I changed to Farnsworth, another character.