Origin of your username

Tesh

1 hour ago, Wyndlerunner said:

@Quell, I love Phineas and Ferb as well! 

To be completely honest, I sat down to make a 17th Shard account, and spent like 30 minutes coming up with the most punny cosmere username I could think of. I also feel as though I would be like Wyndle in any situation of crisis.

I like your username and I also like Wyndle a lot, the way he and Lift interact is good for laughs.

3 hours ago, Slowswift said:

I usually suck at making usernames, so as of late it's either been Slowswift or TheOtherKholin (which I actually wrote a half-rusted backstory for, if y'all care to hear it).

*waves hand vigorously* Ooh! Ooh! I want to hear it! 

Elenion is an Tolkien-elvish word featured in the elvish poem "A Elbereth Gilthoniel". At one point I had a couple lines of the poem memorized, but then I forgot most of them, and this was the one I remembered. Apparently it's also the name of some tech company out there.

This song. I use the username virtually everywhere, and there has only been twice that someone has ever beaten me to it (Curse you Twitter scum!) so if you ever bump into a Herowannabe on another site, odds are it’s me. 

4 hours ago, Elenion said:

Elenion is an Tolkien-elvish word featured in the elvish poem "A Elbereth Gilthoniel". At one point I had a couple lines of the poem memorized, but then I forgot most of them, and this was the one I remembered. Apparently it's also the name of some tech company out there.

Elbereth? Is that where elbereth name comes from? 

46 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Elbereth? Is that where elbereth name comes from? 

You get a cookie. :P 

We get a lot of Tolkien related names around here, actually.  

And while I'm here, this name is a product of searching for good one-word usernames across multiple platforms.  Magestar is rarely taken, it sounds cool, and it harks back to some old games I'm rather fond of.  So yeah.  Magestar. :P 

It's a step up from my other, older usernames in just about every respect, too... :P 

Edited by Magestar

So i made this name in 2008 when making my first (and main) xbox account. Before that i always used Hiei online (yu yu hakusho) or Shadow for offline (ps2 ect)

So i was trying to make a version of Shadow for xbox live, and me and my buddy were brainstorming. i had "shadow in your closet" for my aim (i was trying to get Monster in your closet, but taken, and since i used shadow for everything..) so my buddy actually came up with it. He was the one who suggested " night shadow" as a name, i loved it, so i had to make it work in spelling, hence, Niteshado. 

Been my name for everything since 08. Runescape, online, offline. 

28 minutes ago, Niteshado said:

So i made this name in 2008 when making my first (and main) xbox account. Before that i always used Hiei online (yu yu hakusho) or Shadow for offline (ps2 ect)

So i was trying to make a version of Shadow for xbox live, and me and my buddy were brainstorming. i had "shadow in your closet" for my aim (i was trying to get Monster in your closet, but taken, and since i used shadow for everything..) so my buddy actually came up with it. He was the one who suggested " night shadow" as a name, i loved it, so i had to make it work in spelling, hence, Niteshado. 

Been my name for everything since 08. Runescape, online, offline. 

My old RS username was Shadow_00002 :D
As for Voidus I'm not actually sure when or how I came to it, but it's been my gamertag and my username in most places for a fairly long time now.

On Twitter I'm @honorcamper, which is a long story. 

Basically, it involves something dumb that happened to me and something I didn't get that didn't really matter in the end, but reminds me on the daily to be a little more mindful about... well, everything. So. 

13 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

On Twitter I'm @honorcamper, which is a long story. 

Basically, it involves something dumb that happened to me and something I didn't get that didn't really matter in the end, but reminds me on the daily to be a little more mindful about... well, everything. So. 

Time to get myself a Twitter account:ph34r:

Mine is the title of a mid-series episode of the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime. I always thought it sounded cool.

And I have a great story for my gaming username. My gaming username is Rage_Fortress. One day in college my roommate was trying to start an account on World of Warcraft and was getting increasingly frustrated that everything he picked for a username had already been chosen. He tried for probably 30 minutes typing in every possible cool sounding fantasy name he could think of until finally he threw up his hands screamed "Fine! You're going to be Smite Smith Rage Fortress!" Sometimes after the lights went out I would start laughing for seemingly no reason and my roommate would be like "What?" Then I would barely choke out "Smite Smith Rage Fortress". I still crack up thinking about it. XD

Edited by theuntaintedchild

On 3/12/2018 at 8:13 PM, Tesh said:

I have never seen it. Sorry!

Yeah, it's all right really. Topics like to bury themselves. ;) I don't really (necessarily) have anything against new topics. :) 

23 hours ago, Archer said:

*waves hand vigorously* Ooh! Ooh! I want to hear it! 

Here it is!

Edited by Slowswift

Well, let's see.

I am The Thinking Herald. In essence, a walking, talking, living oxymoron, seeing as how Heralds are all insane, and probably none of them can think properly. Either that or I'm so insane I actually believe that I can think. And taking either of these options, extrapolating from them, I saw how this name really reflected my true insane nature as an oxymoron. Yeah, storming deep, I know.

But, to be honest, it just sounded cool, and also functioned as a very subtle reference to any Malazan fans on this forum - TTH, anyone?

I wanted to choose something that was cosmere themed, specifically something related to the Mistborn series since it's one of my favorites. I like Kandra, so I decided to use something that included that in my name. I was originally going to use "Faceless Kandra", but felt that Mistwraith rolled off the tongue better.

I really liked the name Xerxes since i saw it in a Bartimaeus trilogy book. I went on a couple of gaming sites and tried it as my username but someone had always had it before me!. So i was like, "What can i do that nobody else has done before?" So i just put an "e" in front of it and Exerxes was born. I have had this name for several years and i haven't seen any others.

Mine is an anagram of a character from the Alvin Maker series by Orson Scott Card. The character name was Vigor, which makes some sense for a Puritan name but I didn't want to use it directly since it doesn't sound like a name out of context. So I played with the letters to get Govir (and tried to make sure it wasn't a non-English word).

The reason I chose Vigor is because...  (Obvious spoiler for the first Alvin Maker book, Seventh Son)

Spoiler

Some of the details may be wrong, but how I remember it is that Vigor was the first son (of six). While migrating West during the early days of the United States (e.g. Oregon trail era), Vigor saves his pregnant mother's life by jumping in front of and diverting a fallen tree while they are crossing a river. He sustains mortal wounds, but holds onto life long enough for his mother to give birth, the child being a seventh son of a seventh son (which is a special thing in this series). So it's the self sacrifice along with the will to cling onto life that made me want to use his name.

character nickname from World of Warcraft.  Not my first character, but my second and the one I spent by far the most time on, for raiding, pvping and RPing.  I know a fair number of people outside the game from that now and they mostly just call me Mulk even though they know my name, even when we're face to face. :D

First off, I want to know- is there a Phineas and Ferb appreciation thread somewhere? I need that thing. 

Second off, my username. It’s got this super epic story behind it, where I made up a random story to make my boring username, podman36 sound cooler than it is. But seriously, Podman is what my grandpa has always called me. My first account with an actual username was Minecraft, and it was all like, “Hey! You’ve gots to have numbers, see?” And 36 was the number I chose. That’s been my go to login/username for almost literally everything- and I mean everything up to now. So if you see podman36 anywhere (or podman3254 if it was taken, like on Steam, it’s probably me) I’ve actually been thinking of changing my Shard name recently, maybe a whole profile redo. I might, might not. 

Third off, I’ve recently been making all of my gamer tags and usernames Aon Eda. Because it’s storming amazing. So if you see that, it’s also almost definitely me!

TL;DR I like P&F, my username was derived from a nickname, and my username is now often Aon Eda.

I’ve always wanted to have a TL;DR. Always meaning since a couple weeks ago when I learned what the rusting letters meant.

So yeah! That’s my username!