Hoid and Feruchemy Theory

Lord Meeker

There is a WoB I can't find from months (maybe a whole year) on Reddit.

In this WoB someone asks about the effect of an Atium-lerasium Alloy.

Brandon's answer was (heavly paraphrased).

"That alloy' effect would be' very clear if you know the Realmatic.

It could make a Seer or blow up"

As he is used the blow up for Harmonium (a decision I find really appropriate) It's most likely (I will say confirmed but someone could disagree) that the Atium - Lerasium alloy produces Seers

So, while trawling through WoBs I came across this most interesting tidbit:

Questioner

Is there a comparable way-- like you can become a Misting by burning an alloy of lerasium and some other metal--

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

Questioner

Is there a comparable way of becoming a Ferring?

Brandon Sanderson

Uh… *carefully* Comparable within certain limits of the definition of that word, then yes.

Questioner

Just meaning, is there some in-world way--

Brandon Sanderson

There is some in-world procedure yes. source

This "procedure" can't just mean Hemalurgy, right? That wouldn't be what I'd call "comparable" even with all the hedging about "certain limits". It does seem that there is more to it than burning  a half-and-half atium-lerasium alloy, but it would certainly explain how the Sovereign had been able to make rare Ferrings required to produce heat medallions  suddenly appear among the SoScads.

And also, it is something that Hoid certainly would have done if he had the chance, in order to get connection to Ruin without spiking himself.

18 hours ago, Isilel said:

This "procedure" can't just mean Hemalurgy, right? That wouldn't be what I'd call "comparable" even with all the hedging about "certain limits". It does seem that there is more to it than burning  a half-and-half atium-lerasium alloy, but it would certainly explain how the Sovereign had been able to make rare Ferrings required to produce heat medallions  suddenly appear among the SoScads.

Well it's possible he didn't at all, the Firemothers/Firefathers could be simply people designed to work not stop with specific Medallions or Medallion-like devices (more likely) to produce Heat for everyone. After all they need "only" F-Brass, A-Brass and F-Alluminium to keep the whole thing in place.

There is an old theory, proposed by me and maybe Oversleep (I can't remember too well) that says it is impossible to gave F-Aluminium throught a Medallion for some Powers' interactions. If this is the case, The Firemothers are people who need an appropriate Spike to have that power.

But at this point is hard to speculate

• Chaos locked this topic