Knights of the Cosmere

Well, hello. I am Tesh, the, erm, founder? of the Knights of the Cosmere. The Knights of the Cosmere is a decent sized role playing group, though most of our members are inactive. We have a role play on a PM, so if you'd like to join, I'll tell you how to go about doing that in a minute. This thread will basically just be for updates, general conversation among members, and ones who would like to join, and a catalog of sorts to keep track of all the members.

To join:

Spoiler

We now only accept new members inbetween role plays, and at the very ends, to keep it simple.

If you'd like to join, this is what you've got to do:

• Post a character profile on this thread, with a specific request to join. (I'll provide a template below).
  • Be ready for a lot of notifications from the RP conversation. We're usually really active. (You can change your notification settings, though, to make it so you don't get, say, fifty everyday).
  • Just know, strange conversations do take place. 

Character template (please include all of the following):

Full name:

Investiture:

Additional abilities:

Nationality:

Height:

Hair color:

Eye color:

Home planet:

Character's current religion, if they have one, and if not, the one they grew up in:

Spouse:

Parents:

Siblings:

Children:

Other family of note:

History:

(And just so you know, the RP takes place around the time of Oathbringer. So spoilers! And not just for OB. We touch all Cosmere stories/worlds).

Members:

Spoiler

This section will take a fairly long time to complete, so please bear with me.

This is a list of all members, active and inactive.

@Serce Forts

@Rebecca

@Contessa

@Shadows4Silence

@Megasif

@Sami*

@King Cole

@phoenix2563*

@Zennix

@Shadowmancer*

@Tesh*

@Cel

@Firerust*

@Darkness_

@JayDeusMortis

@Quickbronze

@Darjeeling

@Vashakh Sadeas

@T8*

@Nohadon

@Benjamin_Stormblessed

@Quell

@Apollyon

@Mistspren

@Sahin the Just

@AonEne

@Prince Dusty

*the most active members. The best people to address questions to. The ones with the most experience on the role play.

I will gradually expand, and add each person's character profile onto here. 

Rules:

Spoiler
  • You can have up to two major characters, but only if you are able to keep all three running at once. We suggest having only one.
  • You can have two side characters. People who are of not much import, or are on a different planet. 
  • You can have no more than three characters at once, unless you have been around for two role plays.
  • You can use any PoV, you can even switch it if you'd like. We just want this to be a way to have fun and become a better writer. But please keep only one of your characters in first person at a time, and try not to switch unnecessarily, or just for the fun of it.
  • You can write from any tense. But if you'd like to try something new, please stick with it for a while, and not change around a lot. (Or in other words, try new styles, and see what works best with the character you're writing, then stick with it).
  • Try to keep side conversations to the separate PM for things like that, and not on the RP. A little bit of side conversation is fine, but try to keep it to a minimum.
  • Hemalurgic Knitting Needles™ are trademarked by The Knights of the Cosmere Role Play Foundation.
  • Please no non-Cosmere swearing. But normal swearing gets changed into Cosmere swearing, so this isn't a big deal.
  • Keep RP content at PG-13. 
  • Nothing that you just know is a no-no. If you do anything that falls even slightly under that category, you will be out of the group and will be reported to an admin. That one is a bit of a given.
  • Be kind. Don't be judgemental about other's writing skills.
  • Kindly refrain from bringing spiked goods, hemalurgically or otherwise, on to the role play. That includes knitting projects. (*cough* @Firerust @King Cole *cough*) But Alleyverse recruiting is not allowed. TUBA or the DA.

I did not mean for that to be this long.

RP #3 will be starting in a few weeks, and recruiting will end for a while. If you want to read the role plays, @AonEne has them in a Google Doc, and you can ask her for the link.

Edited by Tesh

Updated CP, According to guidlines

Given Name: unknown, calls self "Quell"

Investure: Lerasum Mistborn, Third Heightening.

Additional abilites: Ambidextrous, so is good with two smaller weapons, pistols, knives. also knows hand-to-hand combat.

Nationality: Caucasian

Height 5'7"

Hair color: Light brown

Eye color: Blue, lighter, so technically could be a lighteyes

Home planet: unknown, but grew up on Scadrial

Religion: Survivorism.

Spouse: none

Parents: unknown

Siblings: unknown or none

Children: none

History: Kidnapped at a young age by a rouge worldhopper, was a slave until about age 10, when escaped from captor on Scadrial, grew up during the Lord Ruler's reign. When Rashed was killed, snuck into the palace and grabbed some lerasum. Later on, traveled to Nathilis, spent some time there and achived the third heightening. Spent a while in a Cadminum bubble after the ascension of Harmony, so missed a lot of history

Personality: Generally quiet and more reserved, spends a lot of time doing research, especially on the ways that different kinds of Investure mix. thinks he is close to a breakthrough. Also is working on something with ettmetal. Cracks jokes and curses a ton. He also like to pull practical jokes. Is slow to trust, but loyal once you've earned it.

Hey! Never seen this group before, but I would love to join. But I have a few questions here. What time does the RP take place? Across all planets, but specifically Scadrial, Roshar, and Nalthis. Also, is my character(s) aloud to be hemalurgically spiked? If I'm doing something wrong I'd like someone to point me in the right direction. Looking forward to many great adventures with you! @Tesh

1 hour ago, Apollyon said:

Hey! Never seen this group before, but I would love to join. But I have a few questions here. What time does the RP take place? Across all planets, but specifically Scadrial, Roshar, and Nalthis. Also, is my character(s) aloud to be hemalurgically spiked? If I'm doing something wrong I'd like someone to point me in the right direction. Looking forward to many great adventures with you! @Tesh

Time is past WoR, but we haven't really strayed into the events in Oathbringer. Mostly the planets involved have been Roshar and Scadrial, but all are open. And yes, Hemalurgically spiked characters are allowed, we have many of them

Just now, King Cole said:

Time is past WoR, but we haven't really strayed into the events in Oathbringer. Mostly the planets involved have been Roshar and Scadrial, but all are open. And yes, Hemalurgically spiked characters are allowed, we have many of them

As for Scadrial?

Full name: Alonze Ferro (goes by Al)

Investiture: Natural Born  A Iron/F Iron Twinborn, Awakener of the 2nd Heightening, nearly 3rd.

Additional abilities: Very perceptive, can see through deception easily

Height: 5'8"

Hair color: Jet black with slight hints of gray

Eye color: Olive Green

Home planet: Scadrial

Religion: Devout of the Church of Trell

Spouse: N/A

Parents: Unknown

Siblings: N/A

Children: N/A

History: (I promise that it was entirely unintentional that this sounds like @Quell's history) Born and raised shortly after the Catacendre by a Terris tribe, being one of the first Twinborn to exist. Experimented with Iron compounding for a while and decided to leave his Terris tribe. At some unknown point in his young adulthood, he traveled to Nalthis, experimenting with the foreign Investiture. During his time on Nalthis, he reached the 2nd Heightening. Eventually he returned to Scadrial (where he resides currently).

Personality: Alonze is very inquisitive and curious. He will often go to ridiculous lengths to obtain information he craves. This can lead to him becoming demanding, and if denied the truth long enough, slightly sadistic. He is generally a trailblazer and loves being the 'first' to do anything at all. 

(If anything is too vague or unacceptable here, just PM me)

Edited by Apollyon
Edited to change power set

Full name: Fourth of the Dawn (goes by Dawn)

Investiture: Steel Ferring, has two Aviar, a typical mind covering one and a kingfisher that radiates fear at things at will, frightening them

Additional abilities: A trapper with incredible survival skills. 

Nationality: Half Terris half Eelakin trapper

Height: 5’10”

Hair color: Black

Eye color: Blue

Home planet: First of the Sun

Character's current religion, if they have one, and if not, the one they grew up in: Dawn is Pathian, but he does not worship Harmony. He has an earring to commune with him, but respects him rather than worshipping. He follows the precepts, but not directly the god.

Spouse: None

Parents: Mother is a trapper, Father was a Terris worldhopper

Siblings: 5 other siblings, only Second of the Twilight left First of the Sun with Dawn

Children: None

History: Was raised a trapper, left the world with his aviar, father and brother. They traveled to Scadrial, but got misdirected, ended up on Braize, where only Dawn escaped, ending up on Roshar,    exiting the Horneater Peaks at Cultivation’s perpendicularity. Currently traveling Roshar to learn all about it, has been   on Roshar for a year.

Personality: Talks little, mostly listens, but can be witty at times. Very protective of his Aviar. Gets frustrated when Rosharans call them chickens, but mostly stifles it. Is surprised to see lots of technology, but mostly just listens to people talk about it to learn. Likes books, and learned the Women’s script from a rebellious ardent. Speaks roughly in most languages on Roshar, but doesn’t use them often.

Edited by Mistspren

11 hours ago, Apollyon said:

He learned how to effectively store Breath in his Nicrosilminds

You can't store breath in a Nicrosilmind. Nicrosil stores the ability to use investiture. You don't see anyone storing metal storages in their Nicrosil Mind

Full name: Ryker Sinclair

Investiture: Steel Twinborn, Skybreaker of the Third Ideal

Additional abilities: Charismatic, silver-tongued

Height: 6' 2"

Hair color: Short Dirty blonde

Eye color: Hazel

Character's current religion, if they have one, and if not, the one they grew up in: Pathian

Spouse: Desirae Sinclair (Alethi)

Parents: Adrian Sinclair Sr. (Terris) & Madilyn Sinclair 

Siblings: Adrian Sinclair Jr, & Belarus Sinclair. 

Children: Skylar Sinclair

History: Ryker grew up in the Terris community. Craving adventure he ran away from home. He made his way to the roughs where he joined a group of odd-looking people. He helped them with their reconnaissance and in return, they took him into Shademar. In Shadesmar, is where he snapped gaining his steel Allomancy, and was taught how to use it and make it, in addition to his Feruchemy. The group who took him there dropped him iff at Cultivation's perpendicularly where he immerge in the Horneater Peaks. He was take in by the people because he was still a child. Around this time he accidentally swore the oaths. Once he was about twenty he grew tired of the peaks. With his thirst for adventure unsated, he left the Peaks, looking for anything to sate his hunger for action. While traveling through Roshar, he met a woman by the name of Desirae, who he settled down with and started a family with her. He swore the second Ideal, at the age of twenty-five, when he found out that his beloved had been murdered and her killer had gotten away. He hunted the murderer down and was about to exact revenge when he bonded his spren, Kayara, and swore the third Ideal. He returned home, taking his seven-year-old daughter with him as he journeyed to Urithiru, in hopes to find the Elsecallers who could tell him how to get home. He currently knows his fourth Ideal but has not undertaken it.

Personality: Ryker is a man of sarcasm and biting remarks. He is very laid back and trusting of others. Once one becomes his friend he is fiercely loyal to that person. He enjoys the company of others. He is a very introverted person, though he talks like an extroverted person. He talkative only to people he trusts and feels like he as known for some time as well as feeling comfortable in their presence. He is a connection with his emotions and doesn't let himself live down the day he decided to run away from home or allowing his wife to be murdered even though he has nothing to do with him.

Edited by Ryker Sinclair
Change in Bio & Personality.

so is it ok to join now

Full name: Dwig Jigdens 

Investiture:  Bendalloy Misting 

Additional abilities: He carries a strange Shardblade that has no spren but can be summoned and dismissed, Trained as an Archanist 

Nationality:  Caucasian 

Height: 6.4

Hair color: purple

Eye color: Green

Home planet: Born on Scaridial (but traveled as an Arcanist)

Character's current religion, if they have one, and if not, the one they grew up in: Vorin (but now Agnostic)

Spouse: none

Parents: Unknown

Siblings: One, a twin sister

Dwig was born on Scaridial and has the power of a Slider, When he turned ten he traveled to Roshar with an Arcanist. After living on Roshar for another ten years, he left to an unknown location where he gained his strange Shardblade, For the last three years he has been on Scaridial looking for his twin sister. 

Personality: Dwig is mostly sarcastic and loves to make jokes, specifically self-deprecating ones. He also enjoys playing cards and learns new games quickly. Most of the time he is extremely laid back, but if you attack him or his friends. WATCH OUT because he will slaughter you. He makes friends quickly and is EXTREMELY extroverted. 

Edited by Dwig Jigdens

Full name: Edward LeClair 

Investiture: He is a Cognitive Shadow; specifically, a Shade 

Additional abilities: He was a prominent philosopher and mathematician in the fort cities of Threnody before his death

Nationality: Threnodite; specifically, the fort cities

Height: Around 5'9", though it can be hard to tell

Age: He is 61 years old. He died when he was 53, meaning he's spent 8 years as a shade. About half of that was spent as a normal shade, and the other half was spent as an experiment.

Hair color: Previously brown; now he has no hair/appears only as white or black

Eye color: Previously brown; now shifts depending on his mental state

Home planet: Threnody

Character's current religion, if they have one, and if not, the one they grew up in: N/A 

Parents: Two random Threnodite cityfolk. 

Children: N/A

History: Edward was a normal human on Threnody up until his unfortunate death while traveling. He wandered for a while as a Shade, before being abducted by the New Inquisition for use in an experiment. There he was spiked with a very strong zinc spike, which allows him to maintain a form of sentience despite his condition as a shade. 

Full name: Telar Ansel  

Investiture: Steel misting 

Additional abilities: He has excellent natural eyesight and is very observant. He's an expert firefighter and competent with knife combat and hand-to-hand combat

Nationality: Elendel Basin 

Height: 5'10"

Hair color: Black 

Eye color: Dark green 

Character's current religion, if they have one, and if not, the one they grew up in: He grew up Survivorist but... 

Parents: I don't know man why would I come up with parents

Siblings: ^ 

Children: Nope

History: Telar was working as a cop in the Elendel Basin when he was recruited by the New Inquisition. He's an expert with both guns and steelpushing, though he isn't the best at the mobility aspect of a-steel. He now works as a high-ranked assassin. To help him with his job, the New Inquisition gave him five coins, each of which has a long length of ribbon running through it. When launched at an enemy, it has the capability to wrap around them and squeeze; this can be used to deadly or merely incapacitating effect; the ribbons are capable of squeezing hard enough to cause permanent damage from hypoxia, but they can also be used to simply bind the target.

Edited by Quickbronze

I literally just created a thing about how all the RPs seemed intimidating, but rust it, why not? If I can't join or whatever, then that's cool too. Um, so I guess this is my request.

On 3/3/2018 at 10:36 PM, Tesh said:

Hide contents

If you'd like to join, this is what you've got to do:

• Post a character profile on this thread, with a specific request to join. (I'll provide a template below).

Here's my character:

Full name: Diona Rokni

Investiture: Twinborn - Rioter/Bloodmaker

Additional abilities: I'm good with a dagger, a passable pickpocket, surprisingly educated, and the best whistler you'll ever hear.

Nationality: I look Alethi, but I'm not

Height: Um. What's the average height of a thirteen-year-old?

Hair color: Dark brown, but I keep it dyed light blue.

Eye color: One eye is dark blue, one is light yellow

Home planet: I call Scadrial's Cognitive Realm home, as that was where I grew up. Lately I've been [wherever interesting things are happening right now in the RP, I haven't read anything yet]

Religion: I loosely follow the Sand and the Suns (I made this up for a different story, and am pulling it into this for no reason other than I feel like it. If I have to choose a Cosmere one, then please tell me and I can change it. If you want details, then I can also provide them.)

Spouse: Uh, no. Bit young for that.

Parents: Who knows?

Children: See spouse

History: Was raised by Jathlet Rokni, who specifically told me he was not related to me, in Scadrial's Cognitive Realm. I am Cosmere-aware, of course, and he took me to several Shardworlds. One day I woke up on Nalthis and he wasn't there. I never saw him again. I can get along well enough on my own, and I'm fairly solitary. My sense of humor can stray close to meta, and I love dogs and axehounds. I actually have a pet axehound that I named Dog just to confuse Rosharans. Currently I am [see home planet] because [I don't know yet].

Hope I can join!

Edit: Moths later, I am shocked at how cringy I used to be.

Edit #2: Months after that, I realized I misspelled 'months'.

Edited by AonEne
Derp

@AonEne Just a few things:

13 years. 1. That's pretty dang young. Our current youngest is... 18, I think? 2. Rosharian years? Or Scadrian years?

Religion: please keep it a Cosmere one. And the hair color. Could you just keep it at dark brown? 

And @Dwig Jigdens, I am really sorry I haven't gotten back to you. You're good, except for the hair color. Sorry.

19 hours ago, Tesh said:

@AonEne Just a few things:

13 years. 1. That's pretty dang young. Our current youngest is... 18, I think? 2. Rosharian years? Or Scadrian years?

Religion: please keep it a Cosmere one. And the hair color. Could you just keep it at dark brown? 

And @Dwig Jigdens, I am really sorry I haven't gotten back to you. You're good, except for the hair color. Sorry.

Scadrial's are the closest to ours, right? I mean, I know that, but I can't find the exact number of days for the life of me.

I can change it to 17 Scadrian years, if that helps.

Gotcha. I'll go with the Path. Harmony all the way.

Yeah, that's fine. I don't know if hair dye exists in the Cosmere or not, but I figured it does SOMEWHERE, so why not? Keeping it dark brown is fine though.

Any other issues?

I’m a HUGE fan of the Drominad system (and am looking forwards to hanging out with @Mistspren's character) but have never done a RP so you guys are going to have to help me through this… here goes nothing:

Full name: First of the Night. Birth name was Amaxel but [see history]. Goes by Night.

Investiture: two Aviar(one of each for the two abilities we know of) and then I’m a Siah Aimian

Additional abilities: See History

Nationality: Siah Aimian(But don’t worry I lost the immortality thing)

Height: 5’9"

Hair color: Dyed Eelakin brown

Eye color: Blue(along with my fingernails jsyk)

Religion: I worship Patji and the rest of the archipelago as the Avatar of Autonomy that it is because I’m Cosmere aware :D

Parents: two unimportant and probably dead Aimians. Adopted by Seventh of the Day

Siblings: An Aimian brother named Elaxan and an adopted Eelakin brother named First of the Dusk.

History: I was raised an Aimian, but the Nightwatcher sent me to First of the Sun(thankfully granting me a whole bunch of Cosmere knowledge), in exchange for my Aimian immortality, when I told her I wanted to explore the stars at the age of ten(after my mother and father allegedly were imprisoned in Tu Bayla). I quickly mastered Trapping after being taken in by an Eelakin family, being taught by my adopted father and learning alongside my adopted brother, coincidentally only a year older. The mother of that family had been lost at sea the year before. I’m not a full trapper yet, but am close, having been through seven years of teaching. Unfortunately, due to the fact that I left Roshar at such a young age, I never completely learned to use my Siah Aimian abilities, but am figuring them out as I go.

Personality: I talk a lot, to the frustration of the Eelakin; and am somewhat… scared? of my Aviar. Good at talking to people one-on-one, not so good at talking in big groups. Haven’t really explored the Cosmere or cognitive realm much, so I'm constantly thinking about the Cosmere, but I’ve got a convenient shardpool on Patji(don't know about it yet though) so that could easily change.

2 hours ago, AonEne said:

Scadrial's are the closest to ours, right? I mean, I know that, but I can't find the exact number of days for the life of me.

I can change it to 17 Scadrian years, if that helps.

Gotcha. I'll go with the Path. Harmony all the way.

Yeah, that's fine. I don't know if hair dye exists in the Cosmere or not, but I figured it does SOMEWHERE, so why not? Keeping it dark brown is fine though.

Any other issues?

Thanks. And you're good. (Scadrial has 1.0 gravity and 1.0 size, Cosmere standard, which is based off Yolen, so if we assume Yolen is a lot like Earth in that regard, that's perfect)!

Thanks for going with this. 

I add you to the RP!

9 hours ago, Dwig Jigdens said:

Hey, my character has purple hair naturally, on the account of it being Invested 

I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense. 

3 minutes ago, Prince Dusty said:

I’m a HUGE fan of the Drominad system (and am looking forwards to hanging out with @Mistspren's character) but have never done a RP so you guys are going to have to help me through this… here goes nothing:

Full name: First of the Night. Birth name was Amaxel but [see history]. Goes by Night.

Investiture: two Aviar(one of each for the two abilities we know of) and then I’m a Siah Aimian

Additional abilities: See History

Nationality: Siah Aimian(But don’t worry I lost the immortality thing)

Height: 5’9"

Hair color: Dyed Eelakin brown

Eye color: Blue(along with my fingernails jsyk)

Religion: I worship Patji and the rest of the archipelago as the Avatar of Autonomy that it is because I’m Cosmere aware :D

Parents: two unimportant and probably dead Aimians. Adopted by Seventh of the Day

Siblings: An Aimian brother named Elaxan and an adopted Eelakin brother named First of the Dusk.

History: I was raised an Aimian, but the Nightwatcher sent me to First of the Sun(thankfully granting me a whole bunch of Cosmere knowledge), in exchange for my Aimian immortality, when I told her I wanted to explore the stars at the age of ten(after my mother and father allegedly were imprisoned in Tu Bayla). I quickly mastered Trapping after being taken in by an Eelakin family, being taught by my adopted father and learning alongside my adopted brother, coincidentally only a year older. The mother of that family had been lost at sea the year before. I’m not a full trapper yet, but am close, having been through seven years of teaching. Unfortunately, due to the fact that I left Roshar at such a young age, I never completely learned to use my Siah Aimian abilities, but am figuring them out as I go.

Personality: I talk a lot, to the frustration of the Eelakin; and am somewhat… scared? of my Aviar. Good at talking to people one-on-one, not so good at talking in big groups. Haven’t really explored the Cosmere or cognitive realm much, so I'm constantly thinking about the Cosmere, but I’ve got a convenient shardpool on Patji(don't know about it yet though) so that could easily change.

That's perfect, I'll add you to a PM. 

Edited by Tesh