Day to day Magic of Brandon Sanderson

So I love thinking about what I would do if I had the powers from the Cosmere and its all well and good imagining being a majestic Windrunner streaking through the skies saving lives but in normal life that's incredibly unlikely (yeah, I get the irony that having powers at all is unlikely but that's another issue). So my question is if you could have any Cosmere powers in everyday life what would you have and how would you use it?

My personal choice is being a full Feruchemist and here are some of the ideas I came up with

- Running for the bus, use some steel speed you stored while sitting at your desk all day

- Pizzas getting cold, use some brass to warm up your hand and the pizza

- Finding it difficult to fall asleep as neighbours are too loud, store some hearing in a tin mind and the neighbour's noise fades away as you go deaf

- Someone farts on the train, tap some breath so you don't have to smell it

- Need to pull an all-nighter, tap wakefulness that you stored on your last day off

- That jar lid just too tight, use some strength stored while you were laying on the sofa watching tv

- Want to binge some junk food store all the excess energy in a Bendalloy mind and eat to your heart's content.

The options really are endless, I really wish I could be a Feruchemist but if I can't be one imagining my powers is the next best thing

15 hours ago, Merrickz said:

Finding it difficult to fall asleep as neighbours are too loud, store some hearing in a tin mind and the neighbour's noise fades away as you go deaf

A friend and former roommate of mine is something like 90% deaf and gets fine just fine with hearing aids, but at night he takes him out and he can’t really hear anything. So many times when we were roommates our neighbors would be throwing a rock party or whatever in the middle of the night and I'd be laying there, wide awake, feeling so jealous of my roommate for being able to literally turn off his hearing and sleep like a baby. :lol:

Allomantic iron would be nice to have  just tape some tinfoil to everything around your house and you’d never have to get off the couch to get something. :D

Although really I’d be drawn to any of the powers that allow (pseudo) flight, practical or not. It would just be so much fun!

• Chaos locked this topic