You don't talk about the fightclub - the battle thread

Krios

So while discussing the always interesting topic of why Kelsier kills Kaladin (warning: slight bias), I thought it would be fun to create a fightclub threat.

Here are the rules:

1.  You don't talk about the fightclub. B)
  2.  One person post a fight scenario like Kelsier vs Kaladin. You can specify with locations, powers, stormlight reserves and so on. If you don't assume it is a fair fight.
  3.  The next poster will give his opinion on, who would win in the fight. Then post another fight scenario.
  4.  No discussions.

My scenario:

Allomantic electrum / feruchemical zinc twinborn vs allomantic tin / feruchemical chromium twinborn.

Have fun.

Edited by Krios

Ooh, tricky.  Assuming they have identical Investiture reserves (One vial of their respective metals calibrated to provide an equal amount of burn time, plus one relevant full metalmind apiece), and that this is an arena situation, I would give the edge to the Electrum/Zinc Twinborn, if only because they can predict and react to more of the Tin/Chromium's potential actions.  

Next scenario: One regiment of Kandra, vs. one chasmfiend, on the Shattered Plains.  

Edited by Landis963

I really don't have an easy answer for this one(because you weren't specific enough at times).

Unless the Chasmfiend's stomach acid is extra deadly, all it has are crushing blows, which aren't exactly fatal to Kandra. I suppose it could split a Kandra in two with it's pincers and/or teeth, which would be an.. unpleasant experience. Perhaps if it separated the spikes as it split the Kandra...

On the flipside, what would Kandra have that could pierce the Carapace? Era 1 weaponry isn't all that effective, as demonstrated during the Chasmfiend hunt in WoK. Era 2 weaponry might work, but this fight would revert to Era 1 after a Highstorm waters down the gunpowder. Pistol rounds aren't exactly the biggest things, so a Chasmfiend could probably survive till the next Highstorm. Blood loss might get it before it crushes all the Kandra, but that's up in the air. Speaking of which, if the Chasmfiend shatters the bones of all the Kandra, I think that'd be a victory, since they wouldn't be able to fight without limbs.

In the end, I'm giving the edge to the Kandra through sheer weight of numbers. A regiment, be it Imperial, American, French, 17th Century, etc.. is just too many troops. Had you done a company(maybe even a battalion), this would've gone to the Chasmfiend.

Next Scenario: A Dakhor Monk vs a Steel Inquisitor, on Sel(specifically Teod).

The Dakhor Monk's Stats: Enhanced Strength and Speed, Resistance to attack from the Dor, 1 Steel Sword & Dagger.
The Steel Inquisitor's Stats: The base 8 A-Powers(10 minutes each, split between 3 vials), F-Pewter & F-Gold(10 minutes each too, stored in small vambraces), 1 Obsidian Hatchet, and 20 boxings(split between 2 coin pouches).
Other Notes:
   ◘ Both parties are skilled in their respective abilities, but neither know anything about the other's abilities.
   ◙ Neither party has been to Teod before, and were willingly teleported there earlier. No shock/surprise at their new location.
   ◘ Resistance to the Dor might interfere with Emotional Allomancy, feel free to work this angle if you want.
   ◙ Despite the picture I ended up using, the Vambraces are designed like most Metalminds, and won't break when the user grows via F-Pewter.
Don't try pulling that.

Edited by The One Who Connects

In that situation, I think that the Steel Inquisitor would end up the winner. The first problem is that the Monk would be using a steel weapon, which could just be pushed away. But lets say that it was just made of aluminum.  The Monk might have a brief advantage in speed and surprise the Inquisitor with how strong he is. But after that the Steel Inquisitor would outweigh the Dakhor Monk in everything else. With the combination of an iron spike and A-pewter, the Inquisitor would be triple in strenght compared to the Monk. The end result would be the Monk as either shredded meat or every bone in its body crushed.

Next scenario: A full Feruchemist vs a full Shardbearer

The Feruchemist has access to metalminds of all 16 metals, each one filled to an hour of slow, steady tapping and 5 minutes of extreme tapping.

The full Shardbearer has a Shardblade, Shardplate which is fully stocked with infused gems, and a Ryshadium mount.

The fighting area would be the city of Elantris.

Edited by Aon Ati

I’d have to give this fight to the full feruchemist. The ability to heal, possibly even heal shardblade wounds with gold (using Stormlight as a similar precedent) and the speed/mobility and strength would our maneuver the Shardbearer. Tapping steel and pewter would outmatch even shardplate, but only briefly. If the shardbearer dragged out the fight they would easily win, but the sheer far faster feruchemist would have the advantage in the streets if Elantris and win, probably with a dagger to the eye.

WoK and WoR spoilers:

Spoiler

Kaladin and Adolin would be proud.

Next fight:

Awakener (5th heightening) with 3 ropes and a cloak (plus surroundings).

VS

Mistborn (Final Empire era level of power) with a standard size vial of every allomantic metal and a small pouch of coins.

Have fun with this ^_^

The Forests of Hell (Therondy)

Edited by Mistspren

I think the Awakener would win, just because in my opinion burning atium wouldnt be able to predict the manouvers of awakened objects, therefore relying near exclusively on pewter, tin, steel, and iron. But here I'm using an Awakened of Vasher's experience, so this could go quite differently.

Full Radiant Windrunner (without shardplate but with shardblade) vs Mistborn with access only to vials of iron, steel, pewter, and duralumin. At normal rate of burning the amount of iron and steel should sustain the same length of flight as the windrunner using a double lashing (both have around an hour of flight). The mistborn has a single vial of pewter and single vial of duralumin.

Set in Kholinar the day after the highstorm. The mistborn is not shocked by the terrain, so no advantage there.

The radiant will win. He has a weapon, that is unstopable for the mistborn and the mistborn is missing a  lot of metals. Also Kholinar is filled with stormlight a day after a highstorm and there will be very little metals for the mistborn to burn, but plenty to push on. Stormlight just gives insane amounts of healing and increases strength and speed, while pewter only grants strength, dexterity and passive healing. Alsonn a lot of times in Mistborn Vin has to use pewter in order to not be harmed by duralumin pushes, so the single pewter vial will be gone fast.

A sleepless vs a kandra in Yeddaw at the advent of a highstorm. No weapons for both of them and the kandra is using a breakable, but not fraile true body.

24 minutes ago, Krios said:

The radiant will win. He has a weapon, that is unstopable for the mistborn and the mistborn is missing a  lot of metals. Also Kholinar is filled with stormlight a day after a highstorm and there will be very little metals for the mistborn to burn, but plenty to push on. Stormlight just gives insane amounts of healing and increases strength and speed, while pewter only grants strength, dexterity and passive healing. Alsonn a lot of times in Mistborn Vin has to use pewter in order to not be harmed by duralumin pushes, so the single pewter vial will be gone fast.

A sleepless vs a kandra in Yeddaw at the advent of a highstorm. No weapons for both of them and the kandra is using a breakable, but not fraile true body.

This one could theoretically be fought to a draw neither side is particularly vulnerable or dangerous to the other. I might say that due to the sheer numbers involved in a sleepless construct the victory would go to the sleepless.

Scenario: A Koloss vs. a Dakhor monk. Both have access to a single steel sword.

I would still say the Dakhor either way. If they are fighting on presumably familiar terrain, the Dakhor would have superior speed and would slash the Koloss to pieces before it could react. 

Next up in the ring: teams

two more passive Magics. An experienced forger with essence marks and a pouch of soul stone and a current Shallan level lightweaver, versus, A trapper with two Aviar of your choice and a soul caster (as in a human soul caster).

On 2/26/2018 at 9:25 PM, Krios said:

So while discussing the always interesting topic of why Kelsier kills Kaladin (warning: slight bias), I thought it would be fun to create a fightclub threat.

Here are the rules:

1.  You don't talk about the fightclub. B)
  2.  One person post a fight scenario like Kelsier vs Kaladin. You can specify with locations, powers, stormlight reserves and so on. If you don't assume it is a fair fight.
  3.  The next poster will give his opinion on, who would win in the fight. Then post another fight scenario.
  4.  No discussions.

My scenario:

Allomantic electrum / feruchemical zinc twinborn vs allomantic tin / feruchemical chromium twinborn.

Have fun.

This seems awesome! Check my signature for my Canton of combat, you deserve a position there!

On 3/3/2018 at 7:48 PM, TheHeadHancho said:

I would still say the Dakhor either way. If they are fighting on presumably familiar terrain, the Dakhor would have superior speed and would slash the Koloss to pieces before it could react. 

Next up in the ring: teams

two more passive Magics. An experienced forger with essence marks and a pouch of soul stone and a current Shallan level lightweaver, versus, A trapper with two Aviar of your choice and a soul caster (as in a human soul caster).

So we need some more details. How much stormlight? I'm going to given them a pouch full of gems, and the radiant is already filled to the bursting. What type of soulcaster does the soulcaster have?(I'm going to assume greater with access to all the types and they have multiples of each kind of gem). We also don't know much about Aviar abilities beyond hiding the mind and showing potential deaths, so those are the two the trapper will have. I'm going to assume the forger does not have soul forgery, so its a normal human artist/thief hybrid, no advanced combat abilities. The soulcaster will not have any notable combat ability either. Also, what arena?

So this is basically a fight between the Lightweaver and the trapper, with the forger and the soulcaster providing supplies/backup. The Lightweaver possesses a shardblade while the trapper will have a lot more survival skills. This fight is one of scenario. Are they in a small arena? If so, victory goes to the Lightweaver on account of the shardblade and stormlight.

If they're in a larger arena, abandoned city or forest, and the battle is drawn to a medium length, then the sides are equal. The soulcaster provides supplies that last longer and are not temporary, but is limited to the 10 essences. The forger can make more specialized things if the situation is right, but unless they're in a place the forger knows the history of, they're forgery may be limited and they're relegated to the position of thief/scout in that case. The trapper is going to be better at moving around the arena, maintaining awareness of the other team, and setting traps. The Lightweaver possesses stormlight for increase regeneration(almost immortality for the duration of the stormlight), endurance, and slight strength/speed boost, a shardblade, and the spren may be able to scout, but we haven't seen Pattern attempt this too much. The lightweaver can set traps via lightweaving, but the Aviar can detect this. Its basically a question of can the trapper injure, through traps of ranged weapons, the Lightweaver when they're not holding stormlight, before the Light weaver finds them. I'm calling this one a draw since its based more on the individuals skills at this point, slight advantage to the Lightweaver/forger do to stormlight/shardblade.

If they're in a larger arena, abandoned city or forest, and the battle is drawn to a large length (days or weeks), then the Trapper/soulcaster wins. The trapper will be better at long term survival and will win the long game. They might be able to starve out their opponents at this point with the trapper hunting and the soulcaster making food. Even if the Lightweaver/forger survive this long and they healthy, they will have run out of stormlight by this point. At this point the Lightweaver is reduced to being an artist wielding a shardblade, still deadly, but not as dangerous and far easier to kill. The trapper will be able to deploy traps and ranged weaponry at this point and will likely be effective. Win goes to the trapper/soulcaster, but advantage is not guaranteed, if at any point the Lightweaver is able to get within melee range they'll likely win. 

Duos make this way more complicated lol. Or maybe just these particular guys since they aren't really combat oriented. 

Mistborn (three vials of metal) and Koloss vs medium skilled Elantrian and 4th oath Windrunner(with small pouch of gems, half hour worth at full burn, several hours if conserved). Arena is Empty Elantris(powered up). Battle begins at sunrise and must finish before the next sunrise, otherwise it will be a draw.

Edited by Wandering Investor

I'd give it to the Elantrian and Windrunner, because the few hours of being an op flying killer + healing + he's a better version of a normal shardbearer working with a representative of so far the softest magic system in the cosmere. If the Elantrian is anywhere near Raoden's level in terms of drawing Aons, I would say that they can almost take the Mistborn and koloss out on their own. The only way the other team could survive is if the mistborn has some atium, but I'm not sure if even then they could.

So, same arena, Elantrian of Raoden's level vs a 10th level Awakener of Vasher's level. 

Ooh... this has potential. I'm gonna assume that by 10th level Awakener, you mean Tenth Heightening. Unlike some magic systems, Awakening and AonDor both flourish by having time to be prepared. Because of this, I'm also gonna assume that they start on opposite ends of the city, so that both parties have time to set things up and strategize.

The game-changer here is traps. 50,000+ Breath can awaken a lot of stuff, and since the prior poster specified "empty Elantris," our Awakener can just set up bunches of assorted awakened objects around the city, with the commands "Grab people who are not me" & "Find and grab people who are not me." The Elantrian would be constantly hassled wherever he went, which could prove to be a fatal distraction if the Awakener catches up to him. The ones with just "grab" would sit around, preventing the Elantrian from hiding and letting the "find" objects wander past before moving on. But on the other hand, the Awakener has nothing that can break an Aon Edo shield. If he gets trapped, he's done for.

Hrmm... I'm very confident in the Elantrian winning this one. A prepared Elantrian on home turf is one of the deadliest things in the Cosmere. The more strategy-oriented the Elantrian is, the better.

1. Make a narrow corridor with two Aon Edo shields, burn any awakened objects coming through with a pillar of fire, and force the Awakener to come at him in a straight line. The definition for Aon Sheo is "death," so assuming it's power is fitting... (Or just use the pillar of fire, since we know how that Aon works. Aon Daa too.)
2. One of Aon Ehe's definitions is "fire," and it's a pillar of fire. One of Aon Ashe's is "light," and it's a light. Since Aon Eno's definition is "water," the logical conclusion for it's power would be... Entrap a building in Edo Shields, open the Eno floodgates, teleport out via one of the preset Aon Tia plates already in Elantris, and let the Awakener drown. (Could also burn the house down, though that's less guaranteed)
3. Aon Shao illusions to distract the awakened objects and possibly the Awakener. The potential is endless, making things look like the Elantrian, disguising himself as something innocuous to sneak around, concealing traps, etc...
4. On that subject, transform the floor of a building into a pitfall trap using Aon Shao(it does something like Soulcasting in The Hope Of Elantris), use an Edo shield as a false floor, attach a Shao illusion of a real floor to the shield. Elantrian gets chased by Awakener, runs into building and across "floor" to safety, then cancels out the shield as the Awakener runs inside. Assuming the Awakener lives the fall, he's a sitting duck down there for Aon Daa, the fire pillar, etc..
5. A particularly sadistic Elantrian could use Aons Ien and Eto to perform "healing" on the Awakener(I doubt this would work because the Awakener is heavily invested, but I was scrolling through the Aons and had an idea). The Elantrian can also heal after a fight, while the Awakener can't, which is yet another advantage.

If the Awakener finds the Elantrian very quickly, they might be able to turn it around, but neither magic system is very conducive towards hand to hand combat, and the normal combat skills of both parties were not included. The Elantrian can also escape via on of the Aon Tia plates scattered around Elantris, not only escaping from the Awakener, but leaving them no trail to follow. If the Awakened objects get lucky and tie down the Elantrians arms, that would be it. You were inadvertently rather clever by making them 10th Heightening, by the way(Mental Command beats out Aon Ate, which can "make a room silent for a short time.") Props to you for that, but I still say the Elantrian wins.

Now what do I want to see...? I'm half tempted to say one of Kalad's Phantoms(the stone lifeless) vs a Koloss. You know what, I will.

2 Phantoms, one of which has a Stone Sword  vs  5 Koloss, two of which have Steel Swords, on some nondescript Rosharan Plains. I think that's a fair fight.

I'd say the fact that it's much easier to kill a koloss would lead to a victory for the Phantoms, combat skills being equal. 

Sorry about this guys, but I just love AonDor too much. Elantrian of Raoden's skill with the hand to hand combat skills around that of Demoux (I think that's the seer in Era 1 mistborn...) vs Lord Ruler without metalminds that could help in combat and who can't use atium to predict the future. Set in a city reminiscent of Luthadel in terms of materials, but not in a way that would give the Lord Ruler a territorial advantage. His supply of metals is unlimited, but can only flare them 1/4 of the battle time.

Tough, but without metalminds I would give it to the Elantrian. The Elantrian's magic would resist emotional allomancy, and the Dor is just ridiculous. This ison top of good hand to hand combat skills. The only problem with this is that it's Luthadel, so the Elantrian wouldn't have magic ;).

The Setting: Shattered Plains

Fighter 1: The Blackthorn (During he and his brothers conquest), Shardblade/Shardplate, and Ryshadium

Fighter 2: Era 1 Koloss

The Blackthorn. His weapon would deal critical damage in one hit, while the shardplate would likely resist any blows from the Koloss (not alot but enough).

Man, I feel like we've gone through quite a few of the possibilities....  New game, capture the flag. Mistborn/Koloss vs Elantrian/Dakhor monk. Both are dropped on Patji, opposite ends of the island. victory requires recovering a Large blue flag and returning it to their base(spawn location). Upon picking up the flag, the other team will be alerted and will know where the opposing teams base is. Stealing the flag will reset the flag and bases position. Death will return the player to their base with a two hour delay. Rebirth heals damage and hunger, but not sleep. Patji's residents won't bother the players when in their home base. The Dakhor and Koloss won't get tired(physical wise, they'll need sleep eventually). The Mistborn will receive a moderate amount of metal(all 16 base) directly into their stomach every hour(old metals are erased). The Elantrian will have knowledge of basic aons and a few modifiers, and their access to the DOR will be as though they were in Teod. Who wins? How long does it take? Kill count for both sides?

Friendly Reminder to everyone to always clarify what you're talking about, to the point of over-explaining if necessary. There are never "too many" details in a topic like this.

Capture the Flag, huh? I don't know enough about Patji for this.

The Elantrian would be best at base defense on account of AonDor favoring the prepared, but that base location changing... that'll screw with everyone, unless you always know where your own base is. The fighting will be the main focus and the flag will become an afterthought, since you'd have to take out the other side to get it.

Order of Killability(easiest to hardest): Koloss < Elantrian(in the wilds) < Mistborn/Dakhor < Elantrian(home base).
Direct 2v2: Koloss dies, Elantrian is 50/50 depending on how quickly they can draw the right Aons, Mistborn/Dakhor is decided based on which side ends up in a 2v1 first.
2v1: The "1" almost always loses, but the Koloss/Elantrian on the 2 side might die with them.
1v1: See Order of Killability. Dakhor are faster, but Mistborn are more mobile. The Dakhor's "powers" don't run out of fuel, so that might seal the deal.

You didn't specify that memory is lost upon death, so things learned during fights will add as time goes on. Weakness will be exploited, skills honed, strategies upgraded, etc...
Selish Team: Realize Koloss is the weaker enemy and plan accordingly, Elantrian will increase Aon Drawing Speed and find creative uses for their powers, Both members develop strategies for dealing with the Mistborn(the Dakhor will probably have more experience here), etc..
Scadrian Team: Realize Elantrian is the less durable enemy and plan accordingly, Mistborn will find creative uses for their powers, Mistborn develops strategies for dealing with the Dakhor, etc..

In the end, I'd probably give this to the Selish Team. Of the four participants, the Koloss is the biggest liability(no magic powers, less mind for strategy), and 2v1's aren't nice. I could see this taking under an hour, or several months. Best case scenario is that one side kills both of the other side close together, so they have most of two hours unimpeded.

The name of the game is last one standing, but with a twist: No direct combat. They have to use their powers and their environment to kill their opponents.

• It's an.. older-feeling place, like a mix between Chinese/Mongol and Roman architecture, with a bit of modern thrown in. Stone blocks, Wooden beams/slats, Cloth/Thatch roofs, etc.. stuff like that, mixed together so that no one building was one type of material.
  • Buildings are in various stages of falling apart. Various pieces of metal, cloth, rock, glass, rope, pottery shards, etc... is strewn about everywhere.
  • The village and surrounding area is in a state of perpetual nighttime, is always kinda windy, and is stormy quite often. These hinder tracking, vision, and hearing. (But while the storms can get rough, they aren't lethal) The storms also move the smaller things around, but they don't really clump up anywhere.
  • Speaking of the surrounding area, it's just dirt, grass, and rocks. There's a hill or two, but nothing special.
  • There are no maps, physical or mental. The magic of this place prevents people from mental mapping, and there aren't proper writing implements.

Our Combatants: An Awakener of the Third Heightening, a Fused with Gravitation, An Iron/Steel Double-Misting, and a skilled Forger.

• They each have a small knife to cut through ropes/cloth, but may not use it for killing(thrown/lashed/pushed or otherwise).
  • They cannot use other objects to club people either. There's no rule against throwing things though...
  • I'm promoting stealth here: no Life Sense, Voidlight has a dark glow, no Bronze Seeking or Tin Senses, Soulstamps don't glow.
  • They don't run out of their magical resource. They can't use infinite amounts all at once, but I don't want fuel to be a major factor.
  • The Fused can't just fly miles up. No party can go more than 30 feet away from the village in any direction(including up).

My only request: Go nuts. I've given you countless objects to be launched at people, there are buildings that "might" have actually collapsed, objects that "might" have not broken, various flotsam to craft awakened objects, etc... Have some fun with it.

I'm assuming this is all v all.

First, a bit of backstory.

A few years after the events of Warbreaker, a man known as Vasher started developing a language where all Awakening commands were simplified to one syllable. After years of hard work Vasher decided to test out his new language, by going to the nearest orphanage and adopting a week old babe, who's mother died during labour, and the burden of both providing for and looking after her was too great, so she was left at the orphanage. Vasher raised her well, and spoke with her only In this language. Like her mother before her she had a strong love of animals, the fiercer the better, and she could make these imaginary creatures come to life through her sowing. Vasher had seen her sew a life size cat in under a minute when she was 7. Before he trusted her with Breath, he had to teach her how to fight with sword and hand. At the age of 15, Vasher started training her in Awakening, and even at the Third Heightening she started achieving the near impossible: Awakening metal.When her training in sword and hand was done, Vasher taught her of the Cosmere. After seeking out a perpendicularity this child was left stranded in Shadesmar, her only guide a young man who had found her skulking on an extremely flat mass of rock. He always had a glint in his eye, and insisted she call him Onyx. He brought her to this place, and after helping her in, his face melted slightly, and his devilish sneer spit out the phrase 'Trell will be pleased.'

The others IMO do not require this treatment.

The only notes I have on the Double misting is that he was trained by the DA, and even in that holy place of learning containing such luminaries as@MacThorstenson his hemallurgical skill and knowledge was unparalleled. A strange Faceless Immortal seized his other spikes on the way in, until he was only left with one on top of his natural strength. I should probably mention that that spike was granting him steel, and it was placed through his eye.

The only thing I'd like to remark about the Fused is that it is sane, and the Forger has with them a box of Soulstamps which grant different types of combat and survival skills, except for one that grants her an incredible ability of drawing symbols of light in middair. She does not know how to use this, but sometimes she comes across a symbol that does something strange. Once, she was just doodling near the place where that creature with the transluscent skin left her, and suddenly the eternal night of that horrible place was pierced by a blinding light. She seemed to destroy it when she waved her hands in front of her face, and from then on she started experimenting with it until she could create a torch sized light of medium brightness. The only thing she knows is that she made herself live near the legendary Elantris, and she had their powers but no way to use it. Oh, and when she did this, she turned into one of those majestic creatures.

Battle begins.

Fused lashes itself 5 meters in the air, doing this behind an intact building so as not to alert the other fighters if what he had done. The devilishly handsome man with the look of a Herdazian about him was currently having a blast, supposedly lashing himself from pile of debris to pile of debris, stopping temporarily to lash strange round glistening objects at the woman who stood before him in the blood red vestments of a gyorn, her second Soulstamp. She batted these away with the strangest emotion that the Fused had seen in his many lives, a serene hatred for all who do not conform. Her movements were sharp, grabbing those objects out of middle before the Fused even saw them, and throwing them back in every direction, trying to use probability to hit her target. Where was that weak child it had glimpsed before?

As it turned to survey the area, a giant hand made of life sized lion sculptures (Awakened) swept it out of the air. On her first day here Siris had noticed these poor lifeless creatures lying in the ground, and gave them life. She told them ghradgv, which roughly translates as: Bring all who wish me harm down, and work together to do so. It reminded the Fused of that time that it saw the man who before its eyes broke into a million tiny cremlings. Or it would have, if it wasn't being pushed towards the ground with the strength of a Quintouple Lashing. It realised that it's only chance was to lash itself up until the lion-hand left the area (and therefore died) and then hope that it did not join them in their fate. The plan failed, as Siris' favourite lion, a beast she'd named Vasher after her father, clung on to the Fused hard, and in the end it fell lifelessly from his hands.

After burning a quick glyph as Vasher had taught her with a reminiscent look in his wise eyes, and lamenting the fact that she was barely still of the Third Heightening, Siris set off to kill the other poor souls who were stranded in this dark place. And she was going to enjoy it.

The young gyorn used that strange light to blind that unwitting tanned scum. She used this opportunity to unleash the caged beast inside of her. Wyrn had once commended her for her incredible combat skills, and there was reason for this. Meanwhile, Lopen, remembering the good old days of his hemallurgical research, decided that taking that glowing light away from that useless girl and bringing it back to the alleyverse would be his greatest accomplishment. If he could extract her limbs from his torso first of course. The strangest thing was, she seemed to keep rehrowing those bad boys five metres away from him. Which seemed impossible at that moment, until he found that beautiful metal animal prowling behind the ruins of what looked like an old pub, but that wasn't what interested him. The beautiful beast raised its bushy tail above its head, grabbing a half column from underneath it and chucking it at that blood red splotch in a sea of darkness.

Varha had always had the gift of processing information faster than any other, and seeing that column she instantly figured out its history, and the skills that she had actually honed for 30 years took over. She grabbed the closest sharp piece of debris and took to carving the most important stamp of her life. Just as that rock was about to crush her, she reached out, and history changed. That column belonged to a cheap building, the first to collapse under the wrath of the gods. It wasn't even made of good rock, just a piece of limestone that they took from beside the waterfall that was beside their main competitor's headquarters. During it's time as a large piece of debris the column was slowly worn away in the middle by ph6 acid water, which slowly dripped down on one spot from the above drainpipe which was hanging in middair. It was so worn away that by the time Varha touched it it's only choice was to break in half, each half flying past her at a 45° angle. 

While the little girl grew smaller and more dexterous the great Lopen ran towards the great bird he saw fall out of the sky. He had once seen such a bird during his travels along the alleyverse, and knew where to place a spike to tske its wings for himself. He instinctively reached out and pulled a splinter of an old sculpture towards him. Satisfied with the metal, he continued running, augmenting his speed when he could with steelpushes or ironpulls. He found it lying in its own blood, the last spark of life flickering in its eye. Lopen put it out with the nice crunch of a spike through carapace, reminding him of the sweet smell of chocolate chip cookies. He shoved it into himself, and felt an incredible surge of strength. His steelvision suddenly gained a red tint,  but that didn't matter. He pulled himself off the ground into the air, for the first time in his flying life disregarding the nearest metals. He felt a strange sense of deja vu, but the feeling of hovering weightlessly for the first time in a long while helped him disregard this. And so did that sweet sense of impending doom for his enemies. This was of course until that annoying child threw a piece of beautifully carved wood at him, and history changed. Now that aluminium bullet that missed his heart by 0.3mm, didn't.

And then there were two.

Siris smiled looking at that child bring down one of the most infamous Cosmere scientists of the past millennia. Killing her would be more fun than that deformed creature.

Varha looked down from the space of nonexistence that showed her triumph. Her master had always taught her not to celebrate at the end of the battle, only at the end of the war. But for some reason destroying evil put a smile on her face. The Soulstamp that she was currently stamped with said that she was sent to the Dakhor monastery, giving her some interesting abilities. For example, she wasn't instantly turned into a useless husk when a blade with the command ftryds (meaning separate the soul from the body of those who fight against me) flew at and passed through her arm. She remembered that she needed to stamp herself soon, so she tried something drastic. She ran for the nearest shelter, and started changing the stamp that granted her that strange light power. One armed carving on the run was difficult, but she somehow did it by clutching the stamp in her armpit. Instead of being born an Areli peasant in this scenario, she was born noble. Surely they would know how to use these symbols?

Siris was pleased with what her Awakening had accomplished, but she was of the Second Heightening now, and didn't have the time to recover her Breaths, lest that girl sneak up on her while she was doing so. The next blow would have to take that warriors life, not her ability to use her arm. She walked over to the decrepit building in which her opponent was hiding, performing the most powerful Awakening she ever had, bringing her down to the First Heightening. She uttered thrathto to the sword lying beside her, which roughly translates as destroy evil. Nightblood's sibling didn't have the traditional dark smoke around it, but hopefully it would do the job. She then charged into the wreck to do what needed to be done. Tearing that insignificant woman's spirit from her body.

Varha's life had just been flipped on it's head. She could no longer use her arms as shields, but she could summon shields out of middair. She started off though, by quickly drawing a healing Aon that ended the deathly pain in her arm, and then set about killing that young girl that thought she was as powerful as her father. Setting up 3 shields in the building that prevented Siris from escaping once she ran in, she set about drawing an Aon Ehe with enough force to burn down Arelon from the safety of her shield. As soon as Siris ran in with that sword in her hand, her fate was sealed. The awakened corpse of the Fused she brought with her could not protect her from this Won of destruction, and so she perished mid Awakening, leaving behind only some ash  and a sword that called Vahra.

I apologise for how long this is, and for how i bent the rules too make some characters way more powerful. Please feel free to object.

Edit: Hope this is the format you hoped for @The One Who Connects.

Edited by LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian

New Game: Ruler of the Hill 

Rules: 1 on 1 Combat to take control of a hilltop position. The winner controls the hill until taken by another combatant. No guns or cannons except as emplacements on the hill should you so choose. Create chaos and have fun. 

First match A returned level awakener who wears only wooden buttons and uses stone weapons V. A iron/steel twinborn with access to several bags of coins and other detritus. Go.

Edited by Nathrangking

The twin born taps F-steel, dashing up the hillside, securing the top, only to find himself surrounded by bundles of sticks and rope-like grass crawling towards him. The twinborn hurls coins and metal pieces past the wave of Awakened objects, and as they grow nearer, he pulls, them drops to the ground. The metals rip through the Awakened objects, but the objects continue unfazed. The metal flies past him, and he repeats the process, ducking and pulling, until shredded leaves and twigs lay before him, pulling off a few that made it. During this time, the Awakener had killed a squirrel and animated it, sending the lifeless to harass the twinborn as the Awakener snuck closer. The squirrel, not anticipating feruchemical speed, is torn apart, but the distraction works. The Awakener has worked his way to just behind the twinborn and moves to strike, but just as the twinborn feels the wind from the sword the twinborn taps all of his steel, dodging and throwing coins at the Awakener, which miss harmlessly or are picked up by an Awakened cloak. The twinborn moves to strike, but his f-steel runs out, and he is caught by the cloak. Just as the Awakener is about to kill him, he pulls on the coins that intentionally missed, ripping through the Awakener.

Winner: Twinborn

F-steel is just so overpowered.

Next match:

Teams: Beasts vs Humanoids

Tai-na (Reshi Island Greatshell) + Chasmfeind + Shadow (Sixth of the Dusk demon whale)

VS

Koloss + Warform Listener + Dysian Aimian + Siah Aimian + Kandra + Inquisitor

Purelake.

Specifications:

Kandra has access to 2 True bodies, and anything that dies. Dysian Aimian has flying cremlings. Inquisitor has 1 pouch of coins and 2 vials of all the metals they can access. Spiked to the level of a regular Inquisitor during the Final Empire. (Steel spikes, pewter spikes, bronze spikes).

Shadow can go on land a bid and drag itself around, as shown in SotD, so maneuvering in the Purelake is possible. All the beasts are able to breath.

Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize in advance if I got anything wrong

First off, the location being the purelake adds an interesting aspect to this fight. The Tai-Na and Shadow can only really be effective in the deeper portions of the purelake (being about 6ft). I’m not sure if the Tai-Na would actually be able to maneuver around but I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt. The Chasmfiend cannot maneuver well there, as it would be mostly submerged at 6ft and hamper the maneuverability quite a lot. The Shadow can help the Chasmfiend on shallow waters but would probably be the best in the deeper parts.

The humanoids is an interesting mashup. I’m going to assume that through some sort of connection they are able to understand each other, save for the Koloss who just goes into bloodlust. They also each have weapons respective to their cultures, so the inquisitor has an obsidian ax, Koloss has his sword, etc. The Aimians provide an interesting aspect. The Dysian Aimian provides a distraction with the flying cremlings, yet their ability to pierce any large beat’s skin would be minimal. The Siah Aimian would be slightly weaker than the listener, being mostly another soldier from what I understand. The Kandra would be the skill of MeLaan, skilled but not TenSoon levels. Typical Kandra Stuff, blessings of Potency and Awareness. The Inquisitor would be the greatest fighter. I’m going to say it is one of the ones with F-Gold plus mistborn powers of the time. The Warform listener would be important to knowing how to take out the Chasmfiend, which I shall now get into

First off would be the Chasmfiend. The listener would be able to inform them how to target the weak spots, where the listeners tend to target themselves. During this explanation, the Koloss, getting into a bloodlust, would try and take out the Chasmfiend and be killed, yet not before chinking the carapace on the legs first. The group would then be down the dumb Koloss, but have another body for their Kandra. Without the spikes, the Koloss would just be a lot of flesh and not much superhuman strength, but that muscle combined with the blessing of Potency would make for a fierce fighter. A combination of the Koloss-Kandra and Inquisitor would be able to take out many of the Chasmfiend’s legs, as the cremlign horde would help distract it from each of the real threats, attacking eyes and such. The Chasmfiend would fall as the shadow gets to the fight, being hindered by the terrain. The shadow would be an easier target than the Chasmfiend due to no carapace, yet still take up most of the Inquisitor’s metals. The Tai-Na would be stuck in the deep waters, and I do not believe that the Inquisitor without many metals could kill the Tai-Na simply by merit of size alone.

Overall Result: Draw. If you assume that the beasts don’t get many hits on the Kandra-Koloss or the Inquisitor, the humanoids would kill the Chasmfiend at most but have trouble due to environment against the Shadow and Tai-Na

Next fight: Ham vs Dalinar

Simple dueling ring, no fancy terrain. Weapons optional. Ham has about 1 minute of straight pewter at a regular burn, Dalinar 2 minutes of stormlight since pewter is generally stronger than passive stormlight. Win through either pin, knock out of either ring or consciousness. Sticking Ham to the ground does NOT count as a pin. Assume they are unaffected by any change in gravity from their norm.

19 hours ago, Darkrib said:

Next fight: Ham vs Dalinar

Simple dueling ring, no fancy terrain. Weapons optional. Ham has about 1 minute of straight pewter at a regular burn, Dalinar 2 minutes of stormlight since pewter is generally stronger than passive stormlight. Win through either pin, knock out of either ring or consciousness. Sticking Ham to the ground does NOT count as a pin. Assume they are unaffected by any change in gravity from their norm.

I think this hinges on whether Dalinar chooses to access 

Spoiler

His old friend, The Thrill.

With it, I think Blackthorn Dalinar has an edge.

Assuming Dalinar is still trying to be good, then I would give this one to Ham, because Dalinar is getting old and stormlight won't do him that much good if he can't use it to win.

Next: The most dangerous game.

An average, Final Empire mistborn is stranded on Patji, with a trapper hunting them. The mistborn is trying to survive for 24 hours without being caught by the trapper or killed by the island. The mistborn has 4 hours' worth of the basic 10 metals, minus bronze, atium, and gold but no Atium, and has had no preparation for being on the island.

Assumptions about the types of investiture mixing with each other:

Copper can protect the mistborn from being tracked by some of the wildlife, similar to the way some Aviar can. However, this type of Aviar being used by the trapper to hide his mind, also protects him from emotional allomancy.

Feel free to add any details I may have missed to make this work.

Edited by Grishhammer

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-03-21 at 8:13 AM, Grishhammer said:

I think this hinges on whether Dalinar chooses to access 

Reveal hidden contents

His old friend, The Thrill.

With it, I think Blackthorn Dalinar has an edge.

Assuming Dalinar is still trying to be good, then I would give this one to Ham, because Dalinar is getting old and stormlight won't do him that much good if he can't use it to win.

Next: The most dangerous game.

An average, Final Empire mistborn is stranded on Patji, with a trapper hunting them. The mistborn is trying to survive for 24 hours without being caught by the trapper or killed by the island. The mistborn has 4 hours' worth of the basic 10 metals, minus bronze, atium, and gold but no Atium, and has had no preparation for being on the island.

Assumptions about the types of investiture mixing with each other:

Copper can protect the mistborn from being tracked by some of the wildlife, similar to the way some Aviar can. However, this type of Aviar being used by the trapper to hide his mind, also protects him from emotional allomancy.

Feel free to add any details I may have missed to make this work.

Alright, to start this off I feel the trapper’s only chance against the mistborn is to avoid notice and employ a wide variety of traps. In almost every scenario where the trapped and mistborn directly interact I see the mistborn easily dispatching him with just a few shot coins. The only way such a direct confrontation could really hurt the mistborn is if this engagement distracts them from some other danger of Patji (deathants eg.) and then either both die or the island kills the mistborn before they can finish off the trapper. 

This leads to the main contender in this scenario: Patji itself. I really do not see any surefire way for the mistborn to come out on top. His lack of knowledge regarding the dangers of the local fauna and flora alone will probably be enough to ensure he doesn’t make it the full 24 hours. This is what I see as the biggest threat. Even if they survive the many predators and the trapper himself, 24 hours on an island designed to kill everyone who sets foot upon its shores is too long for any ignorant person to survive. Even with tin to enhance the senses and warn of insects, many of the plants are poisonous as well.

Of course, then there are the predators. This is where the mistborns allomantic abilities would become the most useful. Their best bet would to be to use their copper sparingly, stretching out its usage by only burning it when predators approach and then using iron/steel and coins to escape to a different location. Unfortunately even this approach will run out before the 24 hours are up and they will have to resort to fighting. Pewter, plus the coins at their belt, could likely kill these beasts if they come in small enough numbers, but then we run into the problem of these pained and dying creatures attracting a larger horde that would overwhelm even a prepared mistborn. This is where we might see some value in emotional allomancy: by suppressing the dying beasts emotions of pain and vulnerability and perhaps rioting emotions of strength it is possible the mistborn could stall or even stop the formation of such a horde. Of course this is all assuming their steel and iron have lasted all this time. 

In conclusion, I think that this becomes a war of attrition of sorts between the island and the mistborn, the more metals the mistborn runs out of, the more perils they have to face. With a goal of 24 hours I really see no way the mistborn could hold out and survive.

Next Situation: Infiltration. The arena will be an isolated castle in Arelon (elantrians have decent access to the dor without the overwhelming boost of being within the city itself) The objective is a cylindrical gem filled with void light (to make it distinguishable to both teams) Team one, remaining within the castle grounds, will be given 30 minutes of preparation within the caste before having to protect the gem for 24 hours from team 2. Team 2 wins if they can escape the premises with the gem within the 24 hours. Either team also wins if they kill all their opponents before the time runs out. Both teams also have a knowledge of the layout and design of the castle before the match begins.

Team 1 (defenders):

Raoden 

Awakener barely of the 4th heightening (as soon as they awaken anything they will be back to the third heightening and will lose their perfect life sense) with combat training and an invested sword (not awakened like nightblood but invested enough to stop a shard blade and resist allomantic pushes and pulls)

Forger of med skill with a soulstamp that provides increased combat training (knows some history of the castle itself)

Five Koloss guards with obsidian swords

Team 2 (Attackers):

Kelsier (from Final Empire) with his typical number of vials of the 10 basic metals (except atium, of which he has only 5 seconds worth) and two obsidian daggers

Windrunner of the fourth ideal (blade and plate) filled with storm light and carrying a few infused emeralds (can also retreat to replenish storm light at a location a few miles away)