Art changes

lordofsoup

I honestly hope they go back to the original artist. I really liked how gritty everything looked and the obvious attention to detail that was put in; it definitely fit with the sand planet theme. 

I have to wonder if this is why the release date was pushed back, and if so, I'm not holding my breath the original artist will be back for the third volume.

Edited by Fifth of Daybreak

I know a lot of people hated on the art, and from a story telling perspective it didn’t really work, but from an artists perspective, it was amazing. The amount of effort that must have gone into the art in this book is crazy (the original artist) I personally would love to see the original artist return.

however as fifth said above, I doubt that they will continue with him

I like the new artist better.  ThHe old artist had quite a few continuity errors.  And everything was so messy.  I like the new art style much better.  It is discordant to have that switch, but I can live with it.

Put me down as another who favored the art in chapter 6. While I can appreciate how much time and effort went into those first 5 chapters, the blurry backgrounds and characters, poor consistency in character depictions, and honestly underwhelming depictions of sand mastery just didn't do it for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 6 worked better for me, too. The art - while being interesting - was just too confusing and gritty for my taste. It left me with a hard time trying to grasp what was going on. Chapter 6 was just so much cleaner and easier to follow, in contrast, that I'd prefer it for Vol. 3.

While technically the new art is technically way better, it seems a little to normal, for lack of a better word.  The original art's REDACTED gave it charm and grit, while the new one is perfect and shiny.  

The fact that they're going to change artists three times in three different volumes doesn't give me confidence, though.  That's the modern comic book industry for you, I guess.  

Edited by Chaos
Swearing

• 1 month later...

(moving my post to the other thread about the art in White Sand - I started out talking about the original artist and intending to talk about the changes in Chapter 6 in Vol 2, but never got around to it)

Edited by robardin