[OB] Cosmere Olympics!

RShara

With the Winter Olympics going on, let's come up with what Orders, Mistings, Ferrings, Twinborns, etc etc would be great at what sport!  Any magic system, any sport in the Olympics.  Oathbringer included, so I added OB spoiler tags.

For example, Edgedancers would be great at speedskating!  Dustbringers could probably rock the Curling.  Thugs would really nail the Discus throw. Any other ideas?

Edit:  To make sure the competitions are fair, there's a larkin that sucks all the investiture from you before your turn, and you are given measured doses of your flavor of investiture--say 1 mark worth of stormlight, x amount of steel, etc.

Edited by RShara

5 minutes ago, Willshaping Crasher said:

Got to wonder who will win the shotput.  A coinshot or a thug............question, how do we assure a feruchemist (in this case pewter) doesn't cheat? 

Oh good question!  Ummm, issue them a brand new metal mind before hand, and give them x hours to fill it?

Edited by RShara

As he lay bleeding upon the stones, the wounds from his metal minds being pushed out of his body seared his mind.  Just before he lost consciousness, he saw the Inquisitor, eye spikes glinting, lean down and whisper, "Cheaters never prosper."

Blackness took him.

What about creating olympic sports specifically for different kinds of surgebinders, allomancers and feruchemists?

For example, for Truthwatchers and Edgedancers, who can grow the highest tree in X minutes? (of course, a requirement is that the tree should be able to hold itself without any Surgebinding or anything to keep it in place)

Hmmm maybe a good idea.  Let me think about it for a while.

In the meantime

Awakener marathon runners!  "Be as my feet and run for me".  You could just chill out in your shoes as they do all the work :D

Pewterarm gymnastics would be works of art.

Edited by RShara

But they didnt search Kelsier properly who had back up vials in his mouth. 

Kelsier ends up winning the long jump, high jump, 100 meter sprint, javelin,.. oh wait thats normal Olympics. Kelsier ends coning the Olympic council to include these sports with emotional allomancy then proceeds to win them all.

Then he goes on to win skating, ski'ing, bobsled, snowboarding, etc etc.

33 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

That's quite a complicated command...

Vasher could carry it off.

27 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

Kelsier ends up winning the long jump, high jump, 100 meter sprint, javelin,.. oh wait thats normal Olympics. Kelsier ends coning the Olympic council to include these sports with emotional allomancy then proceeds to win them all.

I think the sadistic Inquisitor would have kept an especially metallic eye on Kelsier.

Special sports:

Coinshots, who can race the fastest in 1,000m across coins without touching the floor.

Skybreakers and Dustbringers, competition in destroying stone faster and more thoroughly. 

1 hour ago, Thanatos said:

I'm imagining Kelsier competing in artistic ice skating and its hilarious :D.

What about fencing... 10 yards/meters above the ground?

Anybody is welcome to compete

My money is on Szeth

We could have all sorts of competitors in this sport, coinshots, lurchers, if we add a metal bar above, skybreakers, windrunners, elantrians, specific twinborns, possibly awakeners.

I can just imagine competitors flying and being tossed all over the place, hanging from the bar, things like that. It would be awesome

I thought about it a little more and decided that all fencing must occur off the ground, and all fighting must be fencing, however all magic is allowed in order to get into the air or the "fight zone"

So an Edgedancer could grow a tree to fight from, or a Lightweaver could soulcast a platform. Elantrians could maybe fly, hover make a platform, teleport, that kind of thing. Awakeners could hang from the bar or be lifted from the ground. F-iron and A-pewter could bounce and float.

Along these lines, does anybody have any other ideas?

Edited by The Gecko
Added