If this occurs, I will likely go inactive. :P As cool as that would be I just don't see it happening.  Gotta keep things interesting, amiright? 

And as much of a challenge as it would be I don't know how likely it is.  I mean, we're a community of backstabbers as much as we are anything else. :P Can you really guarantee you'll get enough people for this?

I mean, if you do, I'm all for it.

And that's all I've got for now.  I should probably start making Pms. :P 

1 minute ago, Fifth Scholar said:

I dislike this plan, as it would take too long, and I don’t think the GMs want to run a game that’s mostly just waiting around for a perfect unified victory. It doesn’t seem like a lot of fun. Of course, it’s likely to not be that much fun to other people as well, and I suspect those pushing the no-death win condition of having ulterior motives for their posts. Namely, trying to get other houses to sit on their hands while they accumulate wealth and atium, then using it late-game to kill their rivals and win. (I mean, we all have ulterior motives, but theirs seem particularly nefarious.) 

As such, I don’t support this strange all-Kandra joyfest, but I do support either a D1 no-lynch or a Contribution Crusade lynch. It seems that in this game, the lynch functions more as a way to eliminate political rivals than to kill a player who’s acting suspiciously, and hopefully no huge political rivalries have sprung up yet. But a Crusade lynch would encourage discussion AND support one House which would lose one of its members, putting the rest closer to victory. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also, I think if you vote “no lynch” Joe will probably create a character whose name is No Lynch, and have everyone who voted on him die. Or something similarly trolly. Basically, I don’t think voting for “no lynch” will stop a lynch unless literally every single player who votes, votes for it. And I’m not going to :D.

You don't have to be active in such a game if you don't want. Other games can be run at the same time. Having this one run in the background for awhile while we play other ones seems to be a low cost for breaking a game this well (although this game does look really fun as it was intended, I'll admit) 

As for trying to accumulate wealth and atium, we're not competing with other houses. We're competing within our own houses. That means that if I did have ulterior motives, it'd be disadvantageous to operate in this way, allowing my faction-mates to accumulate atium and eventually turn me into a Kandra. The only way this would benefit me is if I follow the course of action I've already outlined. I can only conceivably be acting in genuine good faith, as to do anything else would be far more detrimental to me.

What I will say is this: In the event that a lynch occurs, I'll try my absolute hardest to make sure the people who participated are in turn lynched later on. I want a perfect win, sure, but once there's already been a death I'll be out for blood :alvplot: 

I'm voting No Lynch. Joe's a troll, sure, but he's a troll of his word :P

The Kandra are cool, and I definitely plan on taking them into account for my plans, but there is no way that I'll allow myself to be Kandrafied (which presumably involves dying first) while somebody else in my House (or one of those other sorry excuses for Luthadel nobility) claims all the glory.

I'm going to vote for Droughtbringer.

Hey guys, if you didn’t realize, everyone’s house affiliation is posted up in the OP for this cycle. 

Everyone supporting this Kandra win is a Tormander. 

4 people are against it: 2 Heatherlocke, 1 Heron and 1 Ffnord. 

Don’t listen to the evil Tormander plots. I sense doc coordination. Droughtbringer. You’re welcome, Steeldancer and Bugsy. (If Orlok and Lopen jump on, which I find unlikely, it’s 100% doc coordination.)

Also, I know I’m joining this bandwagon, but...this is really early in the cycle for a bandwagon.

Edited by Fifth Scholar
Clarified a point

Hmm. This looks like a good opportunity to hash this issue out. Let's decide this the only way SE players know how. I'll put myself up for the lynch, but I'm voting for Droughtbringer. If I'm lynched then it must be the will of the council to become kandra. If not, we will go back to murdering each other like civilized people.

Edit: triple ninja. Theory confirmed?

Edited by livinglegend

13 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Hey guys, if you didn’t realize, everyone’s house affiliation is posted up in the OP for this cycle. 

Everyone supporting this Kandra win is a Tormander. 

Don’t listen to the evil Tormander plots. I sense doc coordination. Droughtbringer. You’re welcome, Steeldancer and Bugsy. (If Orlok and Lopen jump on, which I find unlikely, it’s 100% doc coordination.)

Also, I know I’m joining this bandwagon, but...this is really early in the cycle for a bandwagon.

You're correct that there's doc coordination. The goal is sort of for everyone to coordinate, so I'm not sure how that's indicative of duplicity :P 

3 minutes ago, livinglegend said:

Hmm. This looks like a good opportunity to hash this issue out. Let's decide this the only way SE players know how. I'll put myself up for the lynch, but I'm voting for Droughtbringer. If I'm lynched then it must be the will of the council to become kandra. If not, we will go back to murdering each other like civilized people.

That completely misses the point of the Kandra plan, which is that no one is lynched

What do any of you stand to gain from lynching Drought? You're not in his faction. All we get from this is one dead player who's being active and creatively playing with the rules, which is part of what makes SE (and Joe's games especially) so much fun. I'm very much against this lynch, even though I'm one of the few who stands to benefit

20 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

2 Herons, actually. 

20 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Don’t listen to the evil Tormander plots. I sense doc coordination. 

Considering Drought posted almost immediately after the thread went up, I'm not so sure. But yeah, Bugsy's post followed soon after, so maybe. But eh

Edit: ninjad.

Edited by _Stick_

Just now, _Stick_ said:

Considering Drought posted almost immediately after the thread went up, I'm not so sure. But yeah, Bugsy's post followed soon after, so maybe. But eh

Drought posted without prompting, and this was purely his idea, but he did communicate it to me in the doc before I posted. I considered that to be doc coordination, while others may not

"Right then..." Taswell paced nervously. There were already plots spawning, trying to resolve this peacefully. It was absurd. Everyone wanted power, and there was a power vacuum. They were drawn to it like moths to a flame. Some would burn, but others would soar to new heights. They were Nobles after all. Plotting was what they did best.

It would be safer to run, to hide, to avoid the call of the flame. Such an act would be cowardly though. If you weren't trying to grab more power, you were no better than a Skaa. He penned his letter, hoping to draw a response.

"Those who have recently joined our Houses have an inherent advantage. They have no enemies to speak of, and we have no idea how they will react.  For all we know, they were the ones who started this, hoping to claw up from the depths of obscurity. I will not let them flee into the shadows. I vote for the head of Ivan Heron (Mafia). I do not know who he is, where he comes from, or how he is related to the Herons. @Mafia I urge you to take a moment to address the Nobles. Come, play the game. I want to see how brightly you burn."

12 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

Drought posted without prompting, and this was purely his idea, but he did communicate it to me in the doc before I posted. I considered that to be doc coordination, while others may not

Fair. 

Shanerockes. For the sake of the contribution crusade. 

Yeah, I dont think this drought bandwagon is the best lynch for today. I'd also be fine with a no-lynch, as its D1 and it's fine to let everybody live this turn:P but for now my vote stays on Shanerockes.

59 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

The Kandra are cool, and I definitely plan on taking them into account for my plans, but there is no way that I'll allow myself to be Kandrafied (which presumably involves dying first) while somebody else in my House (or one of those other sorry excuses for Luthadel nobility) claims all the glory.

I'm going to vote for Droughtbringer.

54 minutes ago, Straw said:

I’ll also be voting for Droughtbringer. I’m not a big fan of the Kandra plan.

Speaking of Doc communication... :P 

42 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

31 minutes ago, livinglegend said:

Yeah that's two different factions voting for one player in a short period of time, both factions voting within less than 10 minutes of each other.   Just a note. :D 

24 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

What do any of you stand to gain from lynching Drought? You're not in his faction. All we get from this is one dead player who's being active and creatively playing with the rules, which is part of what makes SE (and Joe's games especially) so much fun. I'm very much against this lynch, even though I'm one of the few who stands to benefit

I kinda have to agree with this.  Drought's cool. :P 

• Alvron locked this topic

@Magestar@Bugsy My issue with Drought is that he’s presenting a “solution” that essentially requires everybody to do nothing. What could he possibly have to gain from this? For all we know, his plan is a giant ruse designed to get himself a bunch of Atium to fuel Mistborn that will kill all of us. Not saying that’s what he’s trying to do, just that a plan that requires everyone to sit and wait likely involves some form of “plotting to kill you later” in it. For all I know, Drought could actually want the Kandra win. But I don’t, and I have no real way to ascertain Drought’s motives, so I must assume the worst. I’m not going along with Drought’s plan anyway, but you’re probably right that lynching him isn’t the right move- if anything, the number of lynch votes he attracted seems to indicate that his plan won’t work anyway, and so the plan itself isn’t the greatest reason to vote on him. Droughtbringer.

With that being said, despite my support of a Contribution Crusade lynch, it’s a wee bit early in the cycle to start targeting people for “inactivity” which may be timezone/availability based. I’d be happy to jump on a CC lynch later this cycle, though.

@livinglegend Does the immediate retraction of my vote signal an Eliminator attempting to quickly distance himself from a lynch and deflect attention, or a villager who doesn’t want their actions drawing suspicion so that the actual Elims can be dealt with? :P

10 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

For all we know, his plan is a giant ruse designed to get himself a bunch of Atium to fuel Mistborn that will kill all of us.

What does he stand to gain from that? I'll admit, I was skeptical at first myself, but consider that he can't use Mistborn against his own house, and it becomes very difficult to ascertain any other possible benefit he'd derive from it. I suppose if he tried to form an alliance with the atium-gatherers from other houses to have them kill off his own members, that could be a possible benefit he'd derive, but he'd have no reason to do that over his stated goal if he's collecting all of the atium anyways. I legitimately believe he's being genuine, and I know I am. If anything, he and I should be more suspicious of each other than any of you should be of the two of us, considering our win cons, as they stand, are directly contradictory. If I can trust him, and he can trust me, I'd argue it's very unlikely we're somehow uniting to trick the rest of you and are instead legitimately uniting because we believe our win cons can coincide 

9 minutes ago, Straw said:

Out of interest, how many players are planning on playing this game as it’s meant to be played, instead of doing stuff with Kandra?

Who says kandra aren't part of the game? But more seriously, I'm not interested in the pacifist ending.

Just now, Megasif said:

Dropping in late into this backstabbing party.

Hey everyone.

Why not? Droughtbringer

Welcome Megasif. Glad to have you!

Also Droughtbringer