How do you highlight your books?

I don't highlight my books. I love keeping them pristine and new looking, but I'm thinking of getting spare copies to mark up when I make Connections, develop theories, or see a Worldhopper! 

Do you highlight/make notes in your Cosmere books? How do you go about it? Do you color code things or write notes? Like red for Ruin, red and gold for Odium, green for Cultivation, white for Preservation, etc? 

Looking for ideas and advice! 

I also don't highlight books, except for non-fiction.

I haven't done this yet, but on my next SA re-read, my plan is to use various colors of post-it flags - like, pink for info on one of the secret societies, blue for info on the KR/Heralds/history, yellow for worldhoppers, etc. Still working out what my categories will be. I definitely want to have markers for awe-striking moments and for gnomic passages (wise sayings that could be quoted in other contexts ... I won't give an example cause spoilers, but there are more than I would have expected and from many different characters.

I'd also have a key or "legend" that lists what the colors stand for.

I expect that the edge of the books will bristle with flags, like a rainbow. :-)

There are tons of colors of those flags, and you can always cut strips of post-its in other colors too. Plus, if you use the paper ones, you can write a couple words on each one if you want to, re: what you're marking.

Hope this helps! :-)

• Chaos locked this topic