Kelsier Up for Adoption (Cat)-tell me what you think

BadKitty

So My hubby and I volunteer at an animal rescue, and occasionally I get to name the rescues.  I like to name after shows and books I like to pull from.  When we ended up with a very charming tabby whose front legs were very badly scratched up, scarred, one leg even has tendon injuries...I just had to use Kelsier.  To me, it fit.  A little bit about him-outgoing, charming, and protective of the weak (he would defend kittens in his area-hence how he ended up with injuries...not by crawling through the pits of Hathsin, though if he had to I bet he would...for a belly rub of course).  I made the bio up for him, and had to make it relate to the general public...but did sneak the word "Survivor" in there as my inside joke.  Tell me what you think!

If I put this in the wrong forum, Sorry...since its about a cat... I figured it fit more here. 

Kelsierkitty.JPG

Well crap...this was not the thread I wanted this in...i need more coffee...this was supposed to go in general discussion, can someone help me delete this and move.   I do not see a delete function. :-(

Edited by BadKitty

28 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

Not the thread you wanted, but the thread Kelsier deserved 

Haha, agreed :D

37 minutes ago, BadKitty said:

So My hubby and I volunteer at an animal rescue, and occasionally I get to name the rescues.  I like to name after shows and books I like to pull from.  When we ended up with a very charming tabby whose front legs were very badly scratched up, scarred, one leg even has tendon injuries...I just had to use Kelsier.  To me, it fit.  A little bit about him-outgoing, charming, and protective of the weak (he would defend kittens in his area-hence how he ended up with injuries...not by crawling through the pits of Hathsin, though if he had to I bet he would...for a belly rub of course).  I made the bio up for him, and had to make it relate to the general public...but did sneak the word "Survivor" in there as my inside joke.  Tell me what you think!

If I put this in the wrong forum, Sorry...since its about a cat... I figured it fit more here. 

Awww, very cute, and I love the name! I love the bio too!

34 minutes ago, BadKitty said:

Well crap...this was not the thread I wanted this in...i need more coffee...this was supposed to go in general discussion, can someone help me delete this and move.   I do not see a delete function. :-(

One of the moderators/admins should be able to move it, @Chaos @Mestiv @Kaymyth

Moved as requested. :)

In the future, all you need to do is report a post. You don't have to hunt and peck for mod names of people who may or may not be around at a given time. Just throw it into the Report queue and the next available staff person will see it.

Aww, perfect name! :) I really hope some Sanderfan out there sees his name and immediately falls in love with him and adopts him. 

As a tangent, I love Second Chance. I've become friends with a lady here in Salt Lake City, UT who rescues cats and turns them over to Second Chance Utah for adoption. Last week we adopted a kitten from them- she's the sweetest little thing. We're still trying to settle on a name for her, we haven't found any names that she fits like Kelsier fits his name. Maybe I'll post a pic and solicit name ideas from the shard... hmm... 

And as a tangent to my tangent, for any Studio Ghibli / Hayao Miyazaki / Howl's Moving Castle fans out there, I got to experience the joy in finding the perfect name for one of their other kittens a couple weeks ago. My friend rescued a tiny little long-haired orange tabby kitten and as soon as I saw him I said, "Oh, you have to name him Calcifer. It's just too perfect," and the name stuck. :D (for those that don't know: Calcifer is a magical talking fire in Howl's Moving Castle:

tumblr_mu0djhixCC1s1zhmpo1_500.gif

Also, you should go find and watch it right now. One of the best movies of all time). 

28 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

Aww, perfect name! :) I really hope some Sanderfan out there sees his name and immediately falls in love with him and adopts him. 

As a tangent, I love Second Chance. I've become friends with a lady here in Salt Lake City, UT who rescues cats and turns them over to Second Chance Utah for adoption. Last week we adopted a kitten from them- she's the sweetest little thing. We're still trying to settle on a name for her, we haven't found any names that she fits like Kelsier fits his name. Maybe I'll post a pic and solicit name ideas from the shard... hmm... 

Thank would be awesome! As far as I know, I think it's only by chance that these two rescues share the same name :-).  The one I volunteer at is not affiliated with any others but many rescues do work together :-)

If a Sanderfan is interested, Columbia Second Chance is located in Missouri.  They can pm me I can send details or they can google it easily I believe.  I will also keep this thread updated when he gets adopted. 

1 hour ago, BadKitty said:

Thank would be awesome! As far as I know, I think it's only by chance that these two rescues share the same name :-).  The one I volunteer at is not affiliated with any others but many rescues do work together :-)

If a Sanderfan is interested, Columbia Second Chance is located in Missouri.  They can pm me I can send details or they can google it easily I believe.  I will also keep this thread updated when he gets adopted. 

Oooh, you're almost local to me! (I live in the Kansas City area.)

Alas, we cannot have kitties. Husband is far too allergic.

20 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Oooh, you're almost local to me! (I live in the Kansas City area.)

Alas, we cannot have kitties. Husband is far too allergic.

Definitely understandable, and we may meet if Brandon ever comes to Missouri/Kansas :-) if only in passing.  

24 minutes ago, BadKitty said:

Definitely understandable, and we may meet if Brandon ever comes to Missouri/Kansas :-) if only in passing.  

He was actually here a few years back; his appearance at ConQuesT is what got me involved in the convention. If you like cons, you should come out; we're small, but we're all book nerds there.

2 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

He was actually here a few years back; his appearance at ConQuesT is what got me involved in the convention. If you like cons, you should come out; we're small, but we're all book nerds there.

Cool!  I actually never been to a convention.  Thought about it many times. I may have to make this trip :-)

2 hours ago, BadKitty said:

Cool!  I actually never been to a convention.  Thought about it many times. I may have to make this trip :-)

That would be awesome! ^_^ It's ConQuesT 49 this year, Memorial Day weekend. I'm the Guest Liaisons Director (which is a fancy way of saying that I'm in charge of making sure our Guests of Honor are happy, fed, and where they need to be at the proper times) and I've gotten roped into judging the Masquerade this year.

And also, because I need to plug my favorite con to attend as a non-staff person, JordanCon is in April in Atlanta, GA, and Brandon tends to pop up there about every other year. I believe that most (if not all) of the Dragonsteel crew are supposed to be there. It's definitely further away to get to and might take some saving of funds for the travel, but it's well worth it.

• 1 month later...
  • Chaos locked this topic