[OB ]Keenspren are Radiantspren

MountainKing

So I was thinking about other Radiantspren and what we learned about them in Oathbringer, and then I remebered this little line from Edgedancer:

“Mistress,” Wyndle said, “that was the strangest conversation I’ve ever heard, and I once grew an entire garden for some keenspren.”

Sanderson, Brandon. Edgedancer: From the Stormlight Archive (p. 108). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition.

So Keenspren, I believe, are one of the radiantspren that we don't yet.

There are five types of spren:

Object Spren: The voices of the spheres in Shadesmar

Emotion/Condition/Nature Spren: Like Anticipationspren, Hungerspren, and Windspren. These spren are bascailly the animals of Shadesmar, and behave as such.

Radiantspren: These are the spren of radiants. They populate the cities of Shadesmar and is its civilization.

Voidspren: Spren of Odium

Unique Spren: Spren of immense power, that also have consciousness, and all have unique names: Stormfather, Nightwatcher, and the Sibling.

Wyndle says he made a garden for keenspren, just like he also says he made gardens for honorspren and Cryptics. Which probably means that keenspren are probably radiant spren, unless he made them for animal-like spren.

Keenspren are probably not voidspren because voidspren don't mingle with other conscience spren, and they aren't unique spren because unique spren are one of there type.

That leaves Keenspren to only be Radiantspren making them the spren of a Radiant order.

We know there are more than 10 type of sapient spren, but we are assuming, because the same desciptions being given for most of the spren in the spren city, during the Shademar arc, that there are only 10 types of non-void sapient spren.

Keenspren could be the spren of Truthwathers because keen means quick to understand(cognitive things) or sharp/penetrating(physical things), but then mistspren would have to be spren to Willshapers, becasue spren named after mist probably are not part of the order who is most known for their mastery of stone. A counter arguemnt could be that mistspren are the spren of Truthwatchers because they let the Truthwatcher see through the metaphorical mist. So that would make lightspren become the spren of the Stonewards, which might fit beucase of their appearance, but they are know to be explorers. If Lightspren were the spren of stonewards, Venli would still fit needed character of emotional/mental strength.

We can put the last three spren into any of the three last orders, but the most popular theory is Mistspren - Truthwatchers, Lightspren- Willshapers, and Stonewards -? (probably keenspren).

We know so little of spren culture and politics, that I find it difficult to assume that the only sapient non-void spren are Radiant spren. 

It makes perfect sense that the only sapient spren we've seen are Nahel bond capable, as they would be the ones interested in what is going on in the physical realm... But excluding the possibility of natural sapient spren who are unwilling or unable to form a Nahel bond seems premature to me. This is also the main reason I disagree with Weiry on the Mistspren. Not that it's not possible that they are Truthwatcher spren, I just don't see why they must be. 

Edited by Calderis

I don't think we know enough about keenspren to start predicting. Especially since "keen" can refer to more than one thing.

Edit: apparently one of the translations has keenspren as lamentspren so that clears things up a bit.

Edited by Agent34

• Chaos locked this topic