Lopen!!!!(spoilers)

Turkatron

I have'nt seen a topic about this so i thought i would start one. In the second to last chapter(I believe) Lopen draws in stormlight and begins regrowing his arm. First it's good to know that stormlight healing can gradualy regrow a lost limb. Second it is great that Lopen is a radiant,he is one of my favorite of bridge four(still holding out hope for Sigzil,don't know what's going on with Rock).Third what kind of radiant does everyone think he's going to be? I'm thinking either Dustbringer (Brave/Obedient) or Stoneward (Dependable/Resourceful). let me know what you think.

I lean towards Stoneward  too. I do not think Lopen is a squire, i believe the squire have to be close to the radiant to get axess to stormlight. Lopen was noware near Kaladin and he  draw storm light from a sphere himself.

One of my favorite quotes from Lopen in this book:

“Tonight,” Lopen said, finger to the air, “I will be victorious. It is said you should never bet against the one-armed Herdazian in a drinking contest"

Just because it reminds me of 

Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...

And because of this from now on I will read Lopen parts in my best Wallace Shawn impersonation.

Edited by Scrutiny

Sadly, The Lopen does not have a Spren so I doubt he is more than a squire, however now that The Lopen can glow and is the one and only two armed one armed Herdazian he is worthy of picking up every women he wants and allowed to stick anyone on the wall as he pleases.

Pay The Lopen the respect he deserves, for he is both awesome and hilarious, or his second hand will make a rude gesture to you in your face.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Unfortunately, I think he's a squire not a surgebinder. So no Lopen - spren interaction just yet. That would be hilarious. though. I wonder what abilities squires possess. Weaker version of Windrunner surges + healing abilities and additional strength from the stormlight?

Sadly, The Lopen does not have a Spren so I doubt he is more than a squire, however now that The Lopen can glow and is the one and only two armed one armed Herdazian he is worthy of picking up every women he wants and allowed to stick anyone on the wall as he pleases.

Pay The Lopen the respect he deserves, for he is both awesome and hilarious, or his second hand will make a rude gesture to you in your face.

Unfortunately, I think he's a squire not a surgebinder. So no Lopen - spren interaction just yet. That would be hilarious. though. I wonder what abilities squires possess. Weaker version of Windrunner surges + healing abilities and additional strength from the stormlight?

It might just be me hoping (Lopen is quite possibly my favorite character in this book), but the whole idea of he can't be a KR because no spren seems a little off.  I mean both Kaladin and Dalinar drew in stormlight before any obvious spren interactions.  Yes they had spren when they willingly drew in stormlight, but Lopen already knew about it and had been trying every day since he saw Kaladin do it.  It's not completely off to think he might have just been able to before we saw any spren.  Though I do not dismiss the idea of him being a squire, I just think it's a little early to call it.

Edited by Fric

I agree that it's not unlikely that he may have a spren that he hasn't learned about yet, but what I'm actually more interested in is the way he is suddenly referred to as "the Lopen" instead of just "Lopen".  If he were calling himself that I'd pass it off as him being, well, Lopen, but the narration calls him that.  Also, I believe this is the first Lopen viewpoint that we have. 

Throughout this book I'm finding more and more about Lopen that seems out of place.  For instance, if he's as well connected in weird ways as he seems to be, how exactly did he end up as a one-armed bridgeman?  I mean, seriously, he smuggles things in and out, turns out he can successfully hide the king from an entire warcamp who is looking for him, and he seems to be gathering "cousins" at a prodigious rate... and now we see him called "the Lopen" like it's some sort of title.  I don't think these are really cousins he's talking about, I think this is something more going on.

I agree that it's not unlikely that he may have a spren that he hasn't learned about yet, but what I'm actually more interested in is the way he is suddenly referred to as "the Lopen" instead of just "Lopen".  If he were calling himself that I'd pass it off as him being, well, Lopen, but the narration calls him that.  Also, I believe this is the first Lopen viewpoint that we have. 

The Lopen is not sudden,   When Kaladin first picks Lopen for bridge four Lopen introduces himself:

“Lopen,” the man said. “Some of my cousins, they call me the Lopen because they haven’t ever heard anyone else named that.

-TWoK 

Not that there isn't possibly something else going on ..... 

If he's not just a squire, I think the Lopen would make a great Skybreaker or Dustbringer. He is incredibly confidant and brave.

I'd like him to be an Elsecaller or Willshaper, for access to the Transportation Surge. Then he gets Kaladin's Honorblade, and we have our new favorite Two Armed One Armed Flying Teleporting Glowing Herdazian.

The Lopen is not sudden,   When Kaladin first picks Lopen for bridge four Lopen introduces himself:

Not that there isn't possibly something else going on ..... 

Good point. I had forgotten about that.  I still think there is something fishy there, though =]

Lopen's regrowing stump makes me think that Kaladin's brands not being healed is has greater significance. Lopen war armless longer than Kaladin was branded, after all. Kaladin is still wearing them after he has spoken the third ideal. Any guesses as to why?