Twisted Corridors

Shallan's Ward

"I..." Scelance mumbled, "was actually sort of planner on going off on my own. You know, so if I make a mistake, I'll be the only one hurt." (You all thinking what I'm thinking)? "And please don't say I'm too young, or I won't be able to handle myself, I feel like I know my way around a blade better than breakfast." (Bad analogy)?

They were all fools, barging blindly into unknown places without any sort of precaution.

Dallas eyed the glowing brick wall weirdly.

"I'm not planning on sticking around either." Again, why was it so important that they knew each other's names? They were all strangers, and she wasn't about to go handing off a piece of her identity to a bunch of strangers.

"The name's Paul, and working together seems like the best option. If most hallways are like this, then the odds of us surviving alone are very slim. Also, its worth pointing out, that there are only two ways we can go right now, so which ever way you choose someone is going to end up heading in the same direction as you."

Edited by MacThorstenson

Gave shrugged. "You're free to do as you wish I suppose." He went to lean on the wall, but thought better of it. "I for one, will be sticking with Paul. I would rather have someone to watch my back." He turned to Dallas, "Thanks by the way Ms. Glasses."

Edited by Shallan's Ward

"I guess I'll stay with you guys for a while." The thought of wandering those hallways unnerved Scelance. The silence, the mystery, no sky, and no clear way out.

Escape and survive.

Escape and survive.

Escape and survive.

The words spun around Scelance's head, terrifying her. "We have to get out. I just know it somehow. Something wants us. Something put us here. And that something is watching us."

"I believe that I am at a disadvantage right now, I don't know any of your names, or what you can do, while you guys know mine and that I have a magical suit," Paul said as his suit changed yet again. to something resembling Shallan's ward's profile picture.

(sorry, in my last post, I said my name was mac, I completely forgot about the actual name of my character, so I edited my post to say the correct name. @Shallan's Ward you may wan't to edit your post like I did to accommodate that.)

Just now, Shallan's Ward said:

Gave shrugged. "You're free to do as you wish I suppose." He went to lean on the wall, but thought better of it. "I for one, will be sticking with Paul. I would rather have someone to watch my back." He turned to Dallas, "Thanks by the way Ms. Glasses."

(....how do you know my name? Or is that just you and Gave doesn't know?)

Edited by Sami

Dallas acknowledged Gav's thanks with a simple nod, ignoring the 'glasses' jab. As for the bloke who seemed to have a taste for fancy clothes (although why was beyond her comprehension), he had put himself at that disadvantage by revealing both his name and abilities almost the moment he met them.

(Apologies if Dallas comes off as standoffish and stuck-up. She's just extremely reserved and has a bad tendency to judge people in her head.

Also as you can probably tell, where she comes from although its a warrior-based community they have a very strong 'knowledge is power' belief. So basically to her giving away their  'identity' (so names, abilities, heritage, basically anything about them) is like handing someone a list of your weaknesses and trusting them not to use them against you. The more they know about you, the easier they can detect your weaknesses ect. So she's more than a little confused and judgemental as to why these people are so open with each other when they can't even be sure that they're trustworthy)

(sorry if that doesn't makes sense :ph34r:)

As usual, Scelance's words were virtually ignored. But in the face of danger, Scelance wouldn't be able to stay with them. 

Making a quick decision, Scelance slipped back into the room they had come out of. She peaked into the cupboard the man, Paul, had come from. 

Please have something in here! Please!

A leather satchel, a loaf of bread, a water bottle, filled and all, and a sheathed dagger. It would do.

But the fact that she had found even that was shocking. 

She slung the bag over her shoulder, so it rested on her right hip. Scelance slipped back into the hallway, avoiding the plates of the floor as she went back to her earlier position. No one noticed her, of course.

Paul's head snaps back at the mention of his name, "Ok, so you're sticking with me, anyone else? No? Ok. Let's get going then," he turns and carefully begins to make his way down the hallway, "Oops, almost forgot, I had a satchel when I appeared in that closet, I left it in their though, I'm going to go grab it, it may have something useful inside," He carefully picks his way down the hallway back to the room. Once inside he heads to his wardrobe to check for it, but mysteriously couldn't find it. "I was sure I left it here," He mumbled to himself. "Huh," He scratches his head, "maybe I was imagining it," As he turns around to walk back to the entrance he notices a brown corner peeking out from underneath the white and gold couch that the young girl was standing beside when he opened up the wardrobe. Looking inside he found a loaf of bread and a water bottle full of water. Looks like whoever put us in here wasn't completely heartless, he thought to himself.

Gave stood straight and went to the hallway looking down both ways. "We should pick a door," he stated eyeing the floor suspiciously. "I get the feeling that in order to move on we actually have to go somewhere," he said voicing the opinion that had been nagging at him. 

"Alright!"Gave said grabbing the door knobs and opening the antiquated door. Behind it lay only darkness that seemed to seeing into the hallway, deep inside howls sounded and other noises indicative of strange creatures inside. Gave gulped and stared at the doorway. "So.... Who's going first?"

Dallas tilted her head, surveying the seemingly nothingness inside the doorway.

Despite her enhanced eyesight, she could see nothing but a thick, cold mist that lay heavy inside.

An ice cold sensation seemed to worm its way into her mind, and a tingling feeling began spreading to the tips of her fingers.

She shuddered lightly, nudging Gav aside.

"I'll go."

"There's something in there," Scelance whispers. "Watching. Waiting." She could feel it. As she stared into the depths, the hairs on the back of her neck stood on end. Goosebumps covered her arms.

As Dallas stepped into the room, Scelance quickly jumped forward, and went in right behind her.

The darkness was like a fog, but thicker. It rolled around, concealing the rest of the room. "We'll need to stay close," she said softly, turning to the doorway. 

Paul fell into step behind Scelance and Dallas, He tried to listen to what was in the room and thought he heard several clicking noises, like claws against stone.

He unconsciously started changing his suit, making it slightly translucent and changed the color to better fit with the mist.

"There is more then one thing in here," he whispers, "Does anyone have a light?" 

He peered through the shifting waves and ribbons of fog trying to see the edge of the room. If he looked behind himself he could still see the glow of the doorway through the fog.

"Is there another light source in here? If so it may lead to an exit,"