Curiosity about Megan

mozzery

I'm curious of the order of difficulty it would take for her to pull a being from these universes, with difficulty of 1 being could do it at the end of Calamity, 5 being could do it with a reasonable amount of training afterwards, 7 being with an almost lifetime of training just her power no lifeing it, but could still do it on her own in theory, and 10 being only possible at the apex of her power boosted by another epic that strengthens her.  11 or higher means impossible.

Marvel Universe 616 (original main comic book continuity for Fantastic 4, Hulk, Spider Man, etc.)

The Cosmere

Dominaria, (Magic the Gathering plane)

World of Warcraft

Our Earth

My guesses for those are

Marvel 616- depending on the time period, as low as 3.  It's a world with Earth, superheroes, postapocalyptic settings depending on time period, and a well known as hospitable to occasional dimension hoppers.

Scadrial- Hero of Ages Era- The Cosmere- 7, It doesn't include Earth, but definitely fits the Post Apocalyptic world with superpowered individuals and the unseen connection of Brandon Sanderson.  Lack of dimensional traveler knowledge makes me hesitant to go as low as 7, but certainly seems like it has potential.

Dominaria- 8 definitely has the setting depending on time and the dimensional hopping friendliness, but the exceedingly foreign nature of the world and preponderance of non human sentients comparatively lowers the ease of access.  Might merit higher number on that front but like Scadrial, I'm scoring on potential.

World of Warcraft 8- Dimensional Rifts exist, but lets face it, the preponderance of non human sentients leads to me scoring this similarly to Dominaria, The technological anachronisms like with Dominaria seem much more severe than Scadrial, which is why these 2 get higher scores.

Our Earth- 10.5 Despite the fact that at least the planets are exactly the same, our planet is known to have extreme dimensional walls that prevent access from superpowered beings from other universes.  Though our world is the closest of these besides Marvel 616 at times to the Reckoner Universe, it nonetheless gets the hardest to penetrate score from the sheer power our universe boundaries exert :) 

41 minutes ago, mozzery said:

\Our Earth- 10.5 Despite the fact that at least the planets are exactly the same, our planet is known to have extreme dimensional walls that prevent access from superpowered beings from other universes.  Though our world is the closest of these besides Marvel 616 at times to the Reckoner Universe, it nonetheless gets the hardest to penetrate score from the sheer power our universe boundaries exert :) 

She tried to, but the most she was able to accomplish was bringing Brandon Sanderson over for five minutes. This later went on to inspire his popular dystopian young adults series.

This would probably be so much easier to discuss if Apocalypse Guard was on the way rather than on hiatus because the very premise includes a multiverse and we could get an idea how the mechanics work and whether worlds other than Earth could be included. Lacking that, I'm going to assume for purposes of argument that it is possible because Skyward involves Earth (albeit indirectly) and even though it's not set in the Reckoners multiverse, it's a setting with Earth in it so we can imagine other possible universes that are in the multiverse where humans travel to other worlds. That said, a few other possible worlds (plus the Cosmere, because) and my thoughts:

Cosmere - Speaking 'realistically' I'd probably have to give this an 11 just because it would violate Brandon's 'no Earth in the Cosmere' principle if a connection could be established from the other direction. But since that doesn't allow for fun discussion, I'll ignore it and pretend it's possible anyways. Elantris I'd still say is either impossible or the next best thing to it, because its Cognitive region is insanely dangerous and I imagine that would cause hell for Megan's powers, just like it does in-universe for anyone trying to travel there. Roshar would similarly feel like a harder world for her powers to reach, since it's so different from Earth in size, in gravity, in ecology... Nalthis doesn't have a lot going either way but since it's such a pleasant-sounding world (or at least, Hallandren is) I'll say it's on the lower end of the scale, at least within the general Cosmere umbrella. And because it would open the possibility of David getting an Awakened rifle that can make fun of him. Scadrial's the closest planet to Earth per Word of Brandon so I imagine it would be the easiest for Megan to reach in relative terms. Well, that or Yolen but the presence of fainlife would probably make that one a tougher prospect, not to mention that it's hard for Khriss to find and she's already part of that universe.

DC Comics Earth - This one's gotta be a 3 or 4. Come on, Steelheart vs Superman, you know you want to see it. And the reaction of Abraham to seeing the Faithful's symbol would be a sight to behold.

Carna - The setting of the Codex Alera books. I'd give this one a 9 or so. It's not Earth, hence less probable and it's also got lots of non-human sapient life that would presumably make it harder for Megan's powers. However, it is a planet explicitly connected to Earth (across multiple points in history) meaning that in some universe where Earth exists, so does Carna. Now imagine the insanity Tavi could get up to if he got the chance to make friends with some post-Calamity Epics... and I'm sure Megan and Kitai would get along famously. And on that note...

Dresden Files Earth - Despite actually being a version of Earth, I'd have to say this one's in the 10 range where Megan would need some sort of assistance for her powers to find it. Mainly because with all the supernatural goings-on, there would likely be a lot of interference with her powers. And if Megan's powers get her classified in-universe as an Outsider, she'd need help from the other end to actually establish a connection.

Wheel of Time - This one's probably an 8 or 9. It's explicitly set on Earth and it's already got a self-contained multiverse so having Megan find it doesn't seem completely impossible, but the degree of changes the planet experiences across the different Ages would probably make it trickier and the cyclical (yet not completely rigid) nature of history would probably make finding any particular repetition of the Wheel nigh impossible. So she might try to nab Mat to get advice on a crazy-enough-to-work plan to deal with Obliteration but she'd accidentially wind up with a random antimatter-furnace sweeper named B'ert from the three billion and seventh iteration of the Sixth Age.