Burning cadmium/bandalloy while storing a furechemistry attribute

oriki195

3 hours ago, oriki195 said:

So i was thinking, what will happen if someone stores speed, for example, while burning cadmium? Outside the bubble, a day would pass. Would he store a day worth of that attribute or just the time he experienced within the bubble?

IMO it'd be the time spent in the bubble.

8 hours ago, Agent34 said:

IMO it'd be the time spent in the bubble.

I agree with this. I think it is a similar scenario to what would happen at relativistic speeds; e.g. a Feruchemist on a rocket ship traveling 0.8 C (80% the speed of light) would be experiencing time at a much slower rate compared to the perspective of someone on Scadrial. The Feruchemist would, most likely, store attributes at the rate they are experiencing on the rocket ship as opposed to the rate that they normally would on Scadrial. 

Feruchemy is all about the user.  You can only store the amount that you have of an attribute into a metalmind.  In a similar way, I think this relates to time as well.  Let's set up a situation.  A Feruchemist is within a cadmium bubble and decides to store 50% of his speed over the course of a day.  Let's say that the Feruchemist experiences 30 minutes out of that day, since time is passing faster outside of the bubble.  He cannot store an entire day's worth of speed because he doesn't have a day's worth of the time attribute, he only has 30 minutes.  Thus he would only store 30 minutes of 50% speed.  In a way, time is an attribute stored in every metalmind.  It would work in the opposite way for bendalloy bubbles, but, as Wayne mentions many times, bendalloy is rather rare and expensive.  So while the extra storage time could possibly be useful in a life or death situation, it would be rather expensive and probably not worth it to store in this way regularly.  

But this is just a theory, I'm not trying to say this is exactly how it works.

• Chaos locked this topic