Where do souls go?

PrincessMorpheus

So, I just finished my Mistborn reread and kept my eyes peeled for hints and clues. When Waxillium 'dies', Harmony says that the body will return to Earth(?), mind to the Cosmere but he does not know where souls go. And it has been mentioned that souls and metal are the same.  What if souls go to Preservation's well? That souls are the power of preservation? We know that the power slowly gets refilled every thousand years. 

The Physical Aspect as you said will rot as usual

The Spirit-Web (Spiritual Aspect) will be recycled into the right source (return to the Cosmere) in Scadrial case, the Soul will return to Ruin and Preservation (now Harmony)

The Cognitive Aspect (the Mind) as "who you are" is probably the part that will reach the Beyond.

Unluckly Brandon use the word "soul" is an extremely loose way, sometime he use it as "Mind" and sometime as "Spiritual Aspect" (and indeed it's the actual right one).

About your idea of the Well, the Well is indipendant of this "recycled Investiture". You may see how the Well is refilled with an extremly precise timing and how Preservation has regardless tons of Investiture.

A Perpendicularity (as the Well is) it's just a side effect of the Shard's investiment into a planet, it's where the Shard's Investiture gathers (if you want an analogue, if the Planet is an idraulic system filled Water (Investiture), the Perpendicularities are were the the system loses humidity).

The reason i believe souls and metal are revealed "to be the same" in M:SH is because Scadrial humans were created from Preservation and Ruin, and are thus invested. Metals are the same way; they are either solidified masses of shardic power (Atium, Lerasium, or Harmonium) or just imbued with their power (because they exist throughout the cosmere).

• Chaos locked this topic