complete list

gatewalker

Question

Can someone help an old man out? I have just spent the last hour on this damnation thing trying to find a complete list, in order, by series and time line of the cosmere universe so i can complete my Audible collection. Am i being unreasonable in this goal or is it suppose to be like looking for an Easter egg in a video game?   not real savvy on computers, it took me half an hour to figure out how to ask you guys a question.

Edited by gatewalker
spelling

4 answers to this question

This page has a comprehensive list of everything* written by Brandon and books that announced but not yet written. If you're just looking for Cosmere books ignore everything below the "other Cosmere works" section. As of this time, we have no official timeline for the Cosmere, just vague placements (for example, Mistborn Era 2 takes place after Stormlight Archive 5)

*it might not be everything, but I don't think anything is missing

Are you looking for the order the books were released or the order the stories take place in the Cosmere? I think you're going for order they take place in the Cosmere...so I'll give it a try.

Elantris

The Emporer's Soul

(There might not be an audiobook version of White Sand but I think it goes here, I know it's one of the earliest Cosmere works in the timeline, just can't remember if it's before or after Elantris.) 

Mistborn: The Final Empire

Mistborn: The Well of Ascension

Mistborn: The Hero of Ages

Mistborn: Secret History

Warbreaker

Stormlight Archive: The Way of Kings

Stormlight Archive: Words of Radiance

Stormlight Archive: Edgedancer

Stormlight Archive: Oathbringer

Mistborn: The Alloy of Law

Mistborn: Shadows of Self

Mistborn: Bands of Mourning

Sixth of the Dusk

The other Cosmere novella that is currently out is Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell, but I can't remember when it takes place in this timeline. 

There's also a Mistborn novella, Allomancer Jak and the Pits of Eltania. It takes place around the time of the Wax and Wayne Mistborn books (The Alloy of Law era). You can get a bunch of these novellas in Arcanum Unbounded instead of buying them separately if that's easier. 

The will of the fandom is strong with this one. 

This is a blog made by Brandon's assistant and may help you understand a little bit better on how the timelines work in the cosmere and how not "set" timeline has been put out. 

Warning, contains very minor Oathbringer spoilers. 

https://brandonsanderson.com/oathbringers-timeline/

Edited by Kered