Quick Fix Game 29: Passionate Rationalism

TheMightyLopen

QF28

Breeze's Thieving Crew vs the Inquisitorial Plants
Everyone is a Soother or Rioter (This is public Knowledge)
Everyone’s role is in the form of their emotional specialization (This is known only to the Player)
Alignments are Classical Mafia. (Doc, night kill)

There is no minimum vote needed to lynch. Each vote has the chance to kill. How much of a chance depends on how many living players there are. If there are 10 players alive, and a player receives 2 votes, they have a 2 out of 10 chance of dying. The player with the most votes in a cycle has an extra 30% chance of dying. If there are multiple players with the most votes, all leading players receive an extra 30%.
If a player posts or PM's nothing for 2 Cycles, they're killed.
PM's are completely open, just make sure to include me in them.

Each Cycle, Players may send in an order to Pair up with another player for the following cycle. These player Pairs are publicly known. (Both players must send in the order)

If a Paired player is attacked, they have a 50% chance to survive the attack(this doesn't protect from the lynch).
Each separate action targeting a Paired player will have a 25% chance of affecting the other player as well(excluding the lynch).

Emotional Specializations:
If a Rioter and a Soother with the same specializations target the same player, their actions are canceled. Rioters and Soothers cannot target themselves.

Passion:
Soothers - Soothers who specialize in Passion can stop their target from taking an action.
Rioters - Rioters who specialize in Passion can make their targets rant about how the Ministry is amazing, if they are a Plant, or rant about how their Emotion is better, it they are a Skaa.

Fear:
Soothers - Soothers who specialize in Fear can make their target confident enough for Two. Their targets gain all the benefits of Paired Players.
Rioters - Rioters who specialize in Fear can make a player paranoid, preventing them and their partner from having the benefits of Paired Players.

Anger:
Soothers - Soothers who specialize in Anger can make their target immune to all Rioting for that turn.
Rioters - Rioters who specialize in Anger can make their target attack their target, instead of taking their original action.

Joy:
Soothers - Soothers who specialize in Joy can cancel their target’s vote.
Rioters - Rioters who specialize in Joy can make their target immune to soothing for that turn.

Order of Actions:

1. Passion Soothers/Joy Rioters/Anger Soothers/Anger Rioters
2. Joy Soothers/Fear Soothers and Rioters
3. Lynch/Eliminator kill/

Is this still confusing? Hmm, I feel like there's problems in that OoA. I'll take another look at it tomorrow when it's not so late. :P

Any questions?

The game will start at 6pm CST on the 18th.

Player list:

Spoiler

1. Jax Sangrin Lekal(Darkness)
2. Mac(MacThorstenson)
3. Lopen(Drought)
4. Cactus(Devotary)
5. Maybe Merb(Walin)
6. Sabine Seidel(Joe)
7. Pestis(Pestis)
8. Steeldancer(Steeldancer)
9. Gio(livinglegend)
10. Wilson(Kynedath)
11. Sickly Prickly(Guava)
12. Valens(Kasimir)
13. Monmet(MonsterMetroid)
14. Arinian(Arinian)
15. Farron(GreenRover)
16. Mr T. Foil(Alvron)

Quick Links:

Signing up as Jax Sangrin Lekal.

24 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Rioters - Rioters who specialize in Passion can make their targets rant about how the Ministry is amazing, if they are a Plant, or rant about how their Emotion is better, it they are a Skaa.

How exactly does this work?Wait oh I see.

Does the entire thread find out? Cos rats can get loouudd.

25 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Rioters - Rioters who specialize in Anger can make their target attack their target, instead of taking their original action.

Anything special happen if you target someone who doesn't take an action?

--

Can you target yourself? probably not but this;

26 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Rioters - Rioters who specialize in Joy can make their target immune to soothing for that turn.

would be fun.

Signing up as Cactus.

9 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Each Cycle, Players may send in an order to Pair up with another player for the following cycle. These player Pairs are publicly known. (Both players must send in the order)

If a Paired player is attacked, they have a 50% chance to survive the attack(this doesn't protect from the lynch).
Each separate action targeting a Paired player will have a 25% chance of affecting the other player as well(excluding the lynch).

Can a player choose to form multiple pairs? E.g. Darkness pairs with both Sami and Mac. If so, are the percentages rolled separately for each partner?

Can both paired effects occur if a player with a pair is attacked? Does the latter paired effect count as a benefit for purposes of fear specialization?

How long are cycles? Are the cycles divided into night and day turns? If so, do all actions excluding joy soothing take place at night?

12 hours ago, Darkness_ said:

Signing up as Jax Sangrin Lekal.

How exactly does this work?Wait oh I see.

1. Does the entire thread find out? Cos rats can get loouudd.

2. Anything special happen if you target someone who doesn't take an action?

--

3. Can you target yourself? probably not but this;

would be fun.

1. Only the Rioter finds out.

2. Not that I know of... :P

3. You can't target yourself, sorry.

7 hours ago, Droughtbringer said:

Sign me up as Lopen :P

That's an automatic win, since Lopen is a winner no matter what happens to him. :P

4 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Signing up as Cactus.

Can a player choose to form multiple pairs? E.g. Darkness pairs with both Sami and Mac. If so, are the percentages rolled separately for each partner?

Can both paired effects occur if a player with a pair is attacked? Does the latter paired effect count as a benefit for purposes of fear specialization?

How long are cycles? Are the cycles divided into night and day turns? If so, do all actions excluding joy soothing take place at night?

Hmmm, I hadn't considered multiple pairings like that. I'm gonna say no, since that's really not how I was thinking about it. :P

Yes, both effects can occur if an attack hits a Paired player. I couldn't figure out a way to make that work with the fear specialization, so yeah, all it does is give the target a 50% chance of surviving an attack.

Cycles will be 24 hours long, and will not have night and day turns.

Can I join as Pestis? Just a slight warning that I never actually played SE properly, so I am a little confused. 

A few questions (maybe very straightforward, but I just wanna make sure. 

18 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Breeze's Thieving Crew vs the Inquisitorial Plants

Do Plants know the identity of other Plants? I am asking this, because that would make Passion Rioters mostly useless for Plants (since as I understand Passion Rioters forces character to reveal their alignnement, no?)

18 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Alignments are Classical Mafia. (Doc, night kill)

What exactly do you mean by "Classical Mafia"? Also, does "doc" mean there is a character with a heal ability (sorry, I probably play too much ToS)? Or do you mean "doc" as in ".doc" text file for a faction?

Edited by Pestis the Spider

1 hour ago, Pestis the Spider said:

Can I join as Pestis? Just a slight warning that I never actually played SE properly, so I am a little confused. 

A few questions (maybe very straightforward, but I just wanna make sure. 

Do Plants know the identity of other Plants? I am asking this, because that would make Passion Rioters mostly useless for Plants (since as I understand Passion Rioters forces character to reveal their alignnement, no?)

What exactly do you mean by "Classical Mafia"? Also, does "doc" mean there is a character with a heal ability (sorry, I probably play too much ToS)? Or do you mean "doc" as in ".doc" text file for a faction?

Glad to have you, and welcome to your first game!

Plants do know the identity of their teammates, yes. And like Seonid said, the doc means that the Plants will have a Google doc to conspire in.

Classical mafia just means there is a village faction and a mafia faction, and that's it. 

@Seonid, I'll get you a link just as soon as I make the spec/dead doc. :P

On 1/12/2018 at 10:23 PM, TheMightyLopen said:

The game will start at 6pm CST on the 19th.

36 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

The game will begin at 6pm CST on the 18th.

Interesting.  A hidden cycle maybe.  :P 

1 minute ago, TheMightyLopen said:

*ahem* Yes, that's definitely what's going on. I never have typos or mistakes, or forget what day it is... :ph34r:

I thought that was the case.  You sneaky, sneaky creature you.