Hi

ElvisSpren

Hi all,

So a few months ago I needed to burn a few audible credits and I stumbled upon WoK.  I can't remember if it was a freebie or it just seemed free because the length of play was only 1 credit.

I pulled it down half expecting to not have the patience for such an epic tome.  Almighty above, what an amazing find.  I burned thru WoK and then WoR and I've only got a few hours left of OB which upon finishing I will probably start them all over again.  Love the Cosmere, this Sanderson fella can really spin a tale.  Anyway, great site, Thanks for all the content, I've been poking around on here for a while and thought I would say Hi.

Thanks! Yes stormlight is the only series so far. I can't wait for the rest of the books but it appears there's plenty of cosmere to keep me occupied until they drop.  Beyond Edgedancer any must read suggestions?

Dalinar!!  What a complex mess of a man.  Vicious killer, drunk, bastard, noble, good man, crazy, weak, strong, tortured, afraid, leader, genius.  Love that guy.  I understand the next couple books may focus on Szeth & Eshonai.  I hope they hold my attention, I like them but I'm just so invested in the Kolins, Kaladin & Shallan that when we sidebar into their stories I'm just waiting for the book to turn back to the crew. Do you know what I mean?

4 minutes ago, ElvisSpren said:

Thanks! Yes stormlight is the only series so far. I can't wait for the rest of the books but it appears there's plenty of cosmere to keep me occupied until they drop.  Beyond Edgedancer any must read suggestions?

Dalinar!!  What a complex mess of a man.  Vicious killer, drunk, bastard, noble, good man, crazy, weak, strong, tortured, afraid, leader, genius.  Love that guy.  I understand the next couple books may focus on Szeth & Eshonai.  I hope they hold my attention, I like them but I'm just so invested in the Kolins, Kaladin & Shallan that when we sidebar into their stories I'm just waiting for the book to turn back to the crew. Do you know what I mean?

You're starting the same way I did! I started with the WoK, and it will always hold a special place in my heart :wub: Warbreaker is very heavily interwoven with Stormlight, so it might enhance your Stormlight experience to read that. And like you mentioned, Edgedancer. It really helps establish some of the characters in OB. After that, I would suggest Mistborn, just because it's so STORMING AMAZING!!!!! 

Yes, I do know what you mean, and Kaladin will always be my favorite character. However!!! I love all the characters (at least at this moment I can't think of anyone I dislike) and I'm really looking forward to Szeth's book (book 5), and Jasnah's book, (one of the back 5). I don't think we'll turn back to "the crew" because they're all the crew. Dalinar, Kaladin, Shallan, Jasnah, Szeth, Eshonai, Venli, Lift, Renarin, Adolin, Shallash, they're all part of "the crew", so focusing on their individual characters and backstories won't necessarily turn the books away from "the crew" (Although I do understand that you mean the original POV characters from WoK, and yes, they're still my favorite)