• Alvron unpinned this topic

As amazingly fun as it is to discuss weird names (I have up to 4 animal or animal parts in mine [ivory, dragon, fly, dragonfly]), maybe we should consider if/who we should lynch. Personally, a D1 lynch doesn’t appeal to me, as we are likely to hit a villager, but the threat of a lynch (combined with the threat of getting replaced by a pinch-hitter) can make people be more active and start generating some game discussion. I’ll place a vote on Violet Axoltol in the hopes that they will join us and start discussing the game, and will rescind it if he or she posts.

Does anyone know how to color a vote red? (First-time SE-er here, sorry) It needs to work on mobile, as my computer is 6 years old and malfunctioning.

Edit: @Violet Axolotl

Edited by Ivory Dragonfly
Tagged person

G'day Mates. :P

The color of my fur is a subject of much mystery, leaving the curious viewer to wonder; am I really a kangaroo, or am I secretly a gamma irradiated bunny? :P 

58 minutes ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

As amazingly fun as it is to discuss weird names (I have up to 4 animal or animal parts in mine [ivory, dragon, fly, dragonfly]), maybe we should consider if/who we should lynch. Personally, a D1 lynch doesn’t appeal to me, as we are likely to hit a villager, but the threat of a lynch (combined with the threat of getting replaced by a pinch-hitter) can make people be more active and start generating some game discussion. I’ll place a vote on Violet Axoltol in the hopes that they will join us and start discussing the game, and will rescind it if he or she posts.

The thing about not having a D1 lynch is that it tends to cause a serious stagnation in discussion, which is even worse with games that have cycles this long.  Besides, the statement; "we are likely to hit a villager" is going to be true for quite a while, and we can't hold off the lynch indefinitely.  The possibility that we get an Elim is always there as well, and if we did hit an Elim, that would be simply excellent.   And if we do hit a villager, there would then be plenty of things to discuss, which benefits us as well. 

And if we hit an Elsecaller or something... yech.  Lets just hope that doesn't happen.  :P 

Basically, I am in favor of a D1 lynch, though I accept the possibility that we hit a villager, or, something I like even less, the certainty that we'll be ending someone's game turn one. However, my vote for the Scarlet Octopus has nothing to do with that logic; instead, it's because it's just obvious that a real octopus would never survive on Roshar to begin with. :P