1 hour ago, Amber Vulture said:

Ivory, I think you were the one who mentioned Track practices. Track in the winter? I feel for you :P 

Yeah, every weekday. But they’re at 3:00 after school, which is generally the hottest part of the day. And you’re sweating plenty after a few 800s. They’ve kind of been the reason I haven’t posted as much as I would have liked over the past few days, but part of it is just typical school schedule.

After finishing my research paper on invasive species, I can say with great confidence that the Elims are the invasive species in our Rosharan ecosystem. We need all villagers to look for signs of foreign or exotic origin among these animals, so we may exile them before all us native species are dead.

2 hours ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

Not everyone felt so bad about lynching axolotl... oh. Well then. Opal Lion was the only one to vote on axolotl after that post. They edited the post it was in, but it was there. Possibly alignment indicative? Idk.

I voted on Axolotl because they were saying to vote them. I decided not to, however, and just edited my post to remove the vote to not create clutter/double post.

Also, my reasoning for the Swan vote was pretty simple. In hindsight, however, there's probably at least 1 elim in that bandwagon..

Hmm. Not sure I understand what the problem with Swan's post was. Maybe they shouldn't have voted on Flamingo but equally, I don't think it would have made much more sense for them to vote one else involved. Still, if Beagle, Albatross, and Elephant (@Oxblood Beagle was Weasel one of the people you were PMing?) were trying to prevent a Flamingo lynch, which I do understand (I also am getting a town vibe on them), their votes do make some sort of sense, and I can forgive Flamingo for trying to save themselves. Don't like Lion's vote though. Vote 6, when Flamingo only had 3 - there was no danger of vote manipulation at that point, and bandwagoning for the sake of it is a bit suspicious..

Edit:.

@Taupe Gecko We're still waiting on that "substantial analysis"...

Edited by Azure Mouse

@Taupe Gecko We're still waiting on that "substantial analysis"...

Well, I am most thrilled to see an audience filled with such anticipation for my words of great wisdom.

Please, forgive me if you are made to wait a bit longer. Life is busy, as can be the case. Rest assured, I will certainly have some choice words to offer in the near future.

If you want to try to kill or lynch me in the meantime, I reckon it's better that I die than that you kill somebody with an actually useful role, but... Don't expect anything useful out of it either. Anyhow, got to run (and I mean that rather literally). Also, foretelling the future is a thing of Odium, Alvron. I didn't even expect that I'd not be able to post so I *wonder* how you managed to foresee that...

Edited by Taupe Gecko

5 hours ago, Cream Tuatara said:

Well, it definitely looks like there was some suspicious voting going on at the end of the day.

You mentioned earlier that you wouldn't vote unless something big happened. That lynch train was pretty big I'd say. So if this was a time to vote, who would you pick?

I've just been catching up on things, so hopefully I'll be active from now on. I had thoughts on many different things while reading back but they've mostly disappeared now. Sorry. I did try to mark a couple things down though. I had conflicting thoughts on Gecko, I was suspicious of Axolotl some until their most recent posts, which I don't think would be faked. Sunburst Toucan has been in that range of being active but not really in the spotlight that seems like a good place for a Sympathizer, but I don't really suspect them very much. I agree with Azure Mouse on most of their posts so they seem innocent. Fuschia Ostrich gave me some weird vibes, but I'm starting to think it's because of their way of posting short lines, so maybe that's just their style and not something suspicious. I think Beagle, Flamingo, and Ivory are innocent villagers, but that they could be very clever Sympathizers(not all of them, although that would be crazy). Beagle is the only person to send me any messages, so that seems like something a villager would do. Or a very clever Sympathizer. I was unsure about Albatross from the first day, but their posts recently have me second guessing that first read. One weird thing is that they voted to prevent a wagon on Coral Swan on the first lynch but then they helped a wagon on Swan this last lynch. I would like to hear more about that. For some reason Mauve Crocodile seems trustworthy a little. Pearl Chameleon is blending in so good I don't know what to think. The.....hmmm, not sure what to call it. Rebuke? ....of Beagle for the lynch on Swan and then acceptance of the explanation seems like buddying up to Beagle to make themselves trusted. Salmon Meerkat is a little suspicious, but not a lot. I need to review Sapphire Elephant, cause they seemed suspicious when I was reading through. Scarlet Octopus posted a big post on Sage kangaroo on the first day, which could draw attention to them. Doesn't feel like something a Sympathizer would do.

That's all my notes say. Hopefully that helps people understand my points of view. I tried not to just copy other people, but that's impossible to avoid completely because I'm human like all of you.........close enough at least. If anyone wants to ask me questions, I'll try to answer.

Vanna had taken an early break from the discussion, as the stress of the past two days had tired her out. The village seemed focussed on Flamingo and Axolotl, and she wasn’t certain about their loyalties one way or another. As she came back from dinner and a nap, however, it was Elyle’s body that was being prepared for burial.

She wasn’t sure exactly how she’d ended up at the cliff overlooking the pains below. Some shock and a great deal of swearing, maybe even out loud, had been involved, but she didn’t really remember more than that. It wasn’t even really the death of Elyle that had done it. They’d known each other, but no particularly well. The problem was that she hadn’t seen it coming. Nothing in the past couple of days had been particularly predictable, but at least there where some things that she thought would not happen. This sudden turn of the village against someone she hadn’t been suspicious of at all had completely blindsided her.

Part of her wanted to go after those that had initiated the lynch. Another part wanted to run, get out and break through the encirclement under cover of the highstorm. The former might lead to answers. The latter might lead to safety. She decided to do neither.

To make a painting you started with an outline. You sketched out what you wanted to paint, and made sure it would all fit the canvas you’d use. You’d pick your colors and make sure they worked well together before you began. That’s how she’d been though to do it anyway. She usually just got started, working from the borders of the canvas inwards and just seeing where things took her, but that approach wouldn’t help her here. She’d just been going after one potential clue, and then another without ever trying to get a good overview of everything that was happening. That would have to change.

She took out her notebook, and marked each page with the name of a villager. Then she started writing.

Amethyst Scorpion

Spoiler

During the first day he was one of those that threw around suspicions seemingly at random. The actual murderer(s) might have joined in on that after someone innocent started it, but it’s just as likely they’d keep their distance from those events to avoid suspicion. He’d also been trying to keep the vote tied, but that probably doesn’t really mean anything.

He was a lot quieter during the second day, but he did say that he felt no need yet to justify voting for swan or Dingo the previous day. He implied that he might do so later, which is just  odd. If he could explain his votes, why not do so now. And if he couldn’t, why imply that he could do so later?

Most of his comments aren’t particularly indicative of him being a murderer, but his comment from the second day needs to be looked into, as it does look somewhat suspicious.

Hermux Tantamoq (Azure mouse)

Spoiler

Hermux had seemed quite confused during the first day (about as confused as I was, I guess). He didn’t say anything particularly interesting that I’ve heard of. The same goes for the second day, though it might be noteworthy to know that he thought Swan and flamingo where probably innocent.

He’s started looking into Elyle’s death, but hasn’t really asked any interesting questions yet. I reckon the murderer wouldn’t have seemed so confused during the first day as mouse had seemed. Then again, he did create an appearance of being somewhat active while still not saying much, so that could be a good tactic. I’m not particularly suspicious of him, but I can’t rule him out yet either.

Amber Vulture

Spoiler

Amber hadn’t been present during the first day at all. That’s a bit of a shame, really, because they seem to be a voice of reason in these confusing times. He seems to be well-spoken and willing and capable to explain his decisions.

The one noteworthy point is his proclaimed suspicion of Swan. He’s stated that suspicion several times, but he never actually acted on it. He even claimed that he would have joined the lynch mob against swan today, but it should be noted that he didn’t when he came by earlier today, despite already having stated suspicion of Swan. If he was involved with the murders, he would have known about Swan’s innocence and might not have wanted to initiate a lynch on Elyle, but by claiming he would have joined in he makes it seem like he didn’t actually have any special information.

I’m somewhat suspicious of Amber because he didn’t act on his suspicions against Swan while claiming that he would have, but that’s not too different from what I’ve been doing, now is it. There’s a bunch of people that I’m suspicious of that I haven’t actually gone after either.

Vanna put her pen down and looked over what she'd written uptil now. It was a beginning, but there was still a lot further to go. She resolved to keep working on  it, though it would take her a while yet to finish it. It certainly wouldn't be done tonight, and probably not tomorrow either.

Forgot to mention before that I also have a village read on Meerkat. They put themselves out there for the D1 lynch when there wasn't really a need to from an elim's perspective.

5 hours ago, Turquoise Gorilla said:

Pearl Chameleon is blending in so good I don't know what to think. The.....hmmm, not sure what to call it. Rebuke? ....of Beagle for the lynch on Swan and then acceptance of the explanation seems like buddying up to Beagle to make themselves trusted.

There are still some things I don't like about the lynch (why Swan and why so little explanation?). But I now understand why it was so sudden and why it was arranged in PM's. I had been imagining that there was some more discussion through out the day on lynching Swan, but it looks like I was wrong about that. It seems that Beagle just sent out some last minute PM's to people who trusted him.

Hey everyone, I’m back. Sorry, life has been busy and I haven’t had as much free time for this as I thought I would. I’m going to try to give this one more go but if I can’t keep up then I may just step down and let a pinch hitter take over. :(

@Onyx Flamingo poked me last cycle. I had the browser open in the background of my computer so every now and then when I cycled through my windows it probably said I “was online,” but I never actually got time to skim the thread until now. It sounds like I missed a lot last cycle. I still haven’t caught up on everything, but I have at least skimmed through the posts from tonight’s thread. 

51 minutes ago, Emerald Falcon said:

Why hellooo, my fellow colorful animals, totally not a pinch hitter here, but just for the heck of it, anybody want to provide a summary of events and suspicions?*

(*Would ideally like at least two or more, of contrasting opinion.)

I would also welcome a summary or two. :)

1 hour ago, Emerald Falcon said:

Why hellooo, my fellow colorful animals, totally not a pinch hitter here, but just for the heck of it, anybody want to provide a summary of events and suspicions?

Oh yeah, definitely not a pinch hitter :ph34r:

I'm far from the best one to give a summary so I summon @Oxblood Beagle and @Ivory Dragonfly to maybe give some

17 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Coral Swan (5): Oxblood Beagle, Onyx Flamingo, Opal Lion, Magenta Albatross, Sapphire Elephant, Indigo Weasel

Since everyone seems to be hopping onto the Swan bandwagon, I suppose I will too. The more of us there are, the smaller the chance that Willshapers or Bondsmiths will be able to sway the vote.  - Opal Lion

Deciding to look back through the Swan lynch, this one stood out to me the most, specifically because Beagle specifically said that Opal Lion (and Weasel) were not part of the PM's that decided this lynch. Jumping on the bandwagon is... interesting. I don't think that it is alignment indicative, but a possible series of events could be like this:

Beagle and Lion are both Elims together
Beagle gains village trust
Beagle makes a PM with people he trusts as villagers, and keeps a few of the Elims out of it, only putting the ones that he knows the village trusts currently.
They control the Lynch to let them get off a free kill, and claim it was a village thing. The villagers in the PM feel like it is a village thing, and trust the judgment.
Lion joins in the help cement the lynch, knowing about it from the doc, and wanting to help.
This would give the Elims a free lynch early, functioning as a 'bonus' kill.

Or

Just Lion is an elim
Lion sees a vote going through on someone that he knows is village
Lion take the chance to help solidify the vote
Giving elims a free lynch.

Or

Lion is a villager who just wanted to help.

I don't think we should lynch either person, because I have villager-y reads on them, but I would like to hear more from Lion about his vote. I think that Weasel gave a good amount of justification for his vote, but Lion really hasn't said much about his.

I would like a Skybreaker to scan Beagle to make sure that he isn't an elim, but I think that if Beagle is an elim than Lion might also be.

Hopefully this post makes sense, I haven't been taking that good of notes so I decided to take a look at one point in the thread that probably had at least one elim participate in it.

5 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

I usually don't like to discuss things on night cycles... so the only reason why writing this post it's to assure our honorable chosen by Almighty GMs that I'm  not inactive and there is no need in PMing me and reminding that I missed night turn.

And... why not?

This is time that we should be using to figure things out. Sure what we say may end up being completely wrong, and proven as such due to whatever happens tonight, but why should we not discuss things? That seem slightly like you are just attempting to prolong something, or seem like you attempting to wash your hands of talking in the thread. Seems kind of like a distancing technique, to me, at least.

3 hours ago, Sunburst Toucan said:

Amber hadn’t been present during the first day at all. That’s a bit of a shame, really, because they seem to be a voice of reason in these confusing times. He seems to be well-spoken and willing and capable to explain his decisions.

I really appreciate hearing this! Thank you :D 

Also, “he”? :P 

The one noteworthy point is his proclaimed suspicion of Swan. He’s stated that suspicion several times, but he never actually acted on it. He even claimed that he would have joined the lynch mob against swan today, but it should be noted that he didn’t when he came by earlier today, despite already having stated suspicion of Swan.

I wasn’t active during the day cycle, I didn’t think. Have I forgotten a post I’ve made?

If he was involved with the murders, he would have known about Swan’s innocence and might not have wanted to initiate a lynch on Elyle, but by claiming he would have joined in he makes it seem like he didn’t actually have any special information.

I’m somewhat suspicious of Amber because he didn’t act on his suspicions against Swan while claiming that he would have, but that’s not too different from what I’ve been doing, now is it. There’s a bunch of people that I’m suspicious of that I haven’t actually gone after either.

I’m not sure how that would be a good strategy for an eliminator, drawing attention by pushing a lynch and then not actually voting. Seems like a lot of work for relatively little gain, since the elim’s goal would be to ultimately get the person lynched and decrease village numbers, and voting is a sure way to help accomplish that. With that said, I suppose your suspicion is fair. I haven’t been active enough to establish a base of consistency for my actions. I’ll work to rectify that

1 hour ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

And... why not?

This is time that we should be using to figure things out. Sure what we say may end up being completely wrong, and proven as such due to whatever happens tonight, but why should we not discuss things? That seem slightly like you are just attempting to prolong something, or seem like you attempting to wash your hands of talking in the thread. Seems kind of like a distancing technique, to me, at least.

Hmm... Nope. I'm just like to stay silent on night cycles because I'm lazy. And wrote my previous post because for my inactivity on previous night turn GMs send me warning. But you can create some insane tinfoils I would like to see them.

5 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Beagle and Lion are both Elims together
Beagle gains village trust
Beagle makes a PM with people he trusts as villagers, and keeps a few of the Elims out of it, only putting the ones that he knows the village trusts currently.
They control the Lynch to let them get off a free kill, and claim it was a village thing. The villagers in the PM feel like it is a village thing, and trust the judgment.
Lion joins in the help cement the lynch, knowing about it from the doc, and wanting to help.
This would give the Elims a free lynch early, functioning as a 'bonus' kill.

In my experience, generally the more complicated a theory you have for why someone might be guilty, the more likely it is to be wrong. (Not meant with any offence - I still struggle with this same mistake - it's a lot easier to call it out in other's posts than to see it yourself sometimes.) I also found the way they posted it a little odd, and not something that I would encourage (bandwagonning for bandwagonnings sake rather than out of genuine suspicion), but not necessarily something suspicious. To be honest, I feel like if Lion were an Eliminator they would have just tried harder not to be suspicious in the first place. :P

2 hours ago, Emerald Falcon said:

Why hellooo, my fellow colorful animals, totally not a pinch hitter here, but just for the heck of it, anybody want to provide a summary of events and suspicions?*

(*Would ideally like at least two or more, of contrasting opinion.)

Falcon - I am really not the person to tell you this, but it would be good for me to air my thoughts on the thread because I haven't done that enough generally, so I'll do my best to provide my highly subjective account.

Day 1 - You had a lot of votes on a lot of different people, as no-one really knew what was going on, and were just kind of poke-voting and messing around, which creates a whole lot of noise in trying to figure things out. (Not that I'm saying messing around is a bad thing - people play SE to have fun.) At one point, I think nearly two thirds of the players had a vote place on them at some point in the cycle - I'm going to skip over the vast majority of that. The first player that looked like they might actually get lynched was Taupe Gecko - a player I was initially moderately suspicious of and then less so as the cycle went on as I gathered that the seemingly random voting habits and patterns that they were making was just part of their playstyle - an opinion that the other proponents of his lynch seemed to have gathered as well.

There was also Ivory Dragonfly who attracted a fair amount of discussion (not so much by way of votes, though, IIRC) - I never really personally saw a case for them - they advocated against a Day 1 lynch, which I disagreed with, but still saw as well-intentioned. They also claimed to be a new player, which I personally dismissed as not relevant for this game, seeing as what makes this game so interesting is we're ignoring the traditional meta of experienced (and non-experienced) players. You'll want to see one of the advocates of that particular lynch for why they were suspicious of Dragonfly, but I believe it essentially boiled down to Dragonfly seeming like a more experienced player, and the claim of new player might be a way to take advantage of the meta (which I was ignoring, and also trust Sharders not to do something like that) or else was was receiving assistance from their Eliminator buddies which made them sound more experienced then they actually were. Like I said, I don't buy it, and not many others did either. I didn't see this carry on through to Day 2 at all.

One of the major proponents in favor of a Day 1 lynch was the late Coral Swan, who also attracted 4 votes putting them on the block to get lynched (one of them from myself). All of the votes were for different reasons - one of the reasons which left me suspecting them more - if different people independently suspect the same person, then that might be because they got it right. I was personally also voting on them because they seemed to have very close links to people who I also suspected of being eliminators, such as Albatross (note: now that Swan is confirmed villager, and the way Albatross posted in Day 2, I'm now less suspicious of Albatross), who seemed strangely focused on the fact that Swan should not be lynched in one of Albatross' posts, and with a few hours to go on the lynch, I thought Swan was not only the most likely to be an Eliminator, they were also the one who would give the most information about other players with their deaths. (Spoiler alert: I was wrong. :()

(Side note: I've never realized before how much I rely on pronouns to distinguish who I'm talking about. I've been making a conscientious effort to refer to everyone as they in my posts, regardless of my personal guesses at who their regular Shard account is, and I'm constantly having to go back and edit lines that then read as "They said this to them", etc. If any of these lines are confusing, I apologize - feel free to ask for clarification.)

So, about 5 hours out from the end of the day, it looked like Swan was going to be lynched, and... I think it was Dragonfly otherwise, I can't remember. But then a bunch of votes retract from Swan, and someone who'd been nearly inactive the whole day got lynched instead (this is Melon Dingo) - as a way of encouraging people to be active.

So... that's Day 1. Then Night 1, nothing particularly interesting happened. A couple people freaked out that Dingo was an Edgedancer, but I can't imagine Dingo claiming, so it's likely that was a lucky break for the Eliminators. Mainly, a few people were asked for clarification on what their motives were during the previous day, and loose end were tied up.

...including the lives of two more players, neither of whom seemed to be particularly active. I couldn't fathom out a reason for the Elim kill - I presume it was aiming to target a villager that wasn't so prominent that they were likely to be protected, but that's a guess. So then Day 2 starts, and the blame game begins again.

My notes about Day 2 aren't there yet, and I can kind of tell with my ability to remember what various players did and what I thought of them. Players that were up for suspicion was still quite a broad list - Violet Axolotl, Onyx Flamingo, Magenta Albatross was mentioned a few times but there wasn't really a follow through on votes, Coral Swan, and Oxblood Beagle.

In retrospect, I think a lot of these votes can be put down to the fact that some of the most prominent posters were also Beagle and Swan - which gives the village more opportunities to find something they find suspicious in their behavior. I personally didn't see anything suspicious in Beagle's behavior - for their kind of playstyle they seemed fairly normal, though it's trickier without past games to compare to. Swan, I've already talked about above, but I might have also fallen into a similar trap of over-analyzing and being too lynch happy with those who post more - something I'm going to try and avoid next cycle in favor of players who might post a bit less but who I'm suspicious of.

For Onyx - I wasn't particularly suspicious of them either... and I can't even remember what the argument for their lynch was, because I haven't taken notes for Day 2 yet. Tut, tut, me. (Sorry, everyone.) But, quite a few people decided they weren't suspicious of Onyx and moved their votes from Axolotl, and then Swan, near the end of the Cycle - interestingly, Beagle has admitted to trying to convince people to do this - if anything makes me suspicious of Beagle, it's this. (Assuming a Beagle, Flamingo team, of course.) To the other players who received PM's from Beagle about this - did the post seem strange to you? How out of the blue was the PM? Did it seem desperate? In short, would you consider it likely Beagle is an Eliminator trying to save their teammate?

Axolotl, there were a few votes on - I recall being mildly suspicious of them, mainly for trying to blend into the background and not say anything that might attract too much attention. They attracted a few votes from Beagle and the people he PM'ed - basically, I think Axolotl got a little depressed at what happened there, and Beagle felt a little guilty for causing it, so the votes then moved from Beagle to Swan.

I feel like I'm missing so much, and filling the gaps with fluff that means nothing to anybody, but hopefully that helps a little? (If nothing else, maybe you'll be confused enough to go and read the past couple days yourself. :P) Still, at least that says something about my gut feelings over the past couple days, though it wasn't as broad or as deep analytically as I'd ideally like. That will probably happen... tomorrow. Hopefully. If I don't disappear again. :ph34r: (I am really sorry about that, by the way.)

Honestly, the Swan lynch was pretty dang solid even before I voted. The people that voted after me would probably still have voted for Swan. My vote was bandwagoning for bandwagoning's sake, as Zebra put it, however. It wasn't really a smart move, I guess, but it was nearly the end of the cycle (IIRC?) And my preferred lynch at that point, Flamingo, wasn't really gaining momentum.

Thoughts on Flamingo probably coming the next day cycle, seeing as it's the weekend and I'll have much more time.

Actually, aside from Flamingo, I'll probably just post my notes :P (Non-extensive as they may be).

Ok, i think there's a good likelihood I will die tonight, so I'm going to share a complete rundown of what I think of each player.
1. Amethyst Scorpion- leaning slightly village, due to gut read. Unsure of anything else. 
2. Azure Mouse- leaning villager. 
3. Amber Vulture- leaning stronger villager, but I'm not 100% sure
5. Chartreuse Penguin -neutral. Has been too inactive to make any reads. 
7. Cream Tuatara- leaning possibly elim. They haven't contributed too much, and seem to be just staying out of the spotlight. 
8. Emerald Falcon-neutral, hasn't said enough. 
9. Fuschia Ostrich- slightly elim, has been avoiding attention. 
10. Indigo Weasel- leaning village, based on our PMs. 
11. Ivory Dragonfly - I trust Ivory completely. He's very village. 
12. Magenta Albatross- their PM is very village, so they are in the trust group. Specifically, they shared what happened in the bird PM, and I don't see why an elim would share that with me. 
13. Mauve Crocodile- slightly village, but hasnt been active enough to truly tell. 
15. Mint Heron- neutral, has been too inactive. 
16. Onyx Flamingo - Squawk- very village, also in trust group. Every thing vibes village for him. 
17. Opal Lion- slightly elim, based on his Bandwagony attitude.
19. Pearl Chameleon- slightly elim, for how they are hiding in the background. Talk more! 
20. Plum Rhinoceros- stronger elim, but they've also posted so little. 
21. Quartz Zebra- hasn't posted a lot, and some of their posts seem outdated, especially the analysis at the end of day 2. I'm not especially worried about that, so neutral read, because it's probably due to business. 
23. Sage Kangaroo- slightly villager, given accusations and posts. 
24. Salmon Meerkat- slightly elim, based on gut read and the willingness to throw doubt at me- not that that couldn't be a villager thing. 
25. Sapphire Elephant- also in trust group. Our PM was very village, i trust Elephant. 
26. Scarlet Octopus- no read, has been too inactive to tell. 
27. Sunburst Toucan - Vanna- no read, seems to be avoiding attention. 
28. Taupe Gecko- no read, but could be elim. Needs to post more. 
29. Turquoise Gorilla- slightly village, based on our PM. 
30. Violet Axolotl- I'm pretty sure they're village and it's probably best to let them be for now. 

now I have to go to work, so good luck. Ill see you tomorrow, if I survive. 

@Quartz Zebra and @Oxblood Beagle, thank you both very much for your summaries and analyses! As a player struggling to maintain activity I find those very helpful. 

20 minutes ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

Chartreuse Penguin -neutral. Has been too inactive to make any reads. 

Yeah... :unsure: my #1 goal is to get active enough to follow along with what’s happening in the thread and start forming my own suspicions. 

My #2 goal is to get so active that either I attract enough suspicion to get me lynched or pose a big enough threat to the eliminators that they kill me. One way or another, I’m hoping to die before the end of the game. :lol:

Anyway, I definitely don’t have enough reads on people to start forming specific suspicions, but perhaps I can take a more birds-eye (ba-dum-tss) view, and offer some general strategies. 

Its interesting that out of the 4 people who have died, 3 of them had special roles. I’d almost suspect that this is secretly a role madness game, except that @Charcoal Hyena was a regular villager. 

There’s not a whole lot of conclusions we can draw from just 4 roles, but we can infer one or two things. Namely, it’s striking that half of the people who have died have been Village lightweavers. Now, that could just be coincidence, but statistically speaking it’s more likely that there are several more Village lightweavers still out there. 

Assuming that I’m right, why would the GMs give us so many lightweavers? There are only two reasons:

1. To counter eliminator Willshapers and Bondsmiths (vote-manipulators)

2. To counter an eliminator Skybreaker (seeker)

Seeing as how there haven’t been that many vote manipulations (that I’m aware of), it seems likely that we have an Eliminator Skybreaker out there. 

So what do we do about it? Not sure, really. Any Village Lightweavers we have remaining should considers disguising themselves and possibly someone they trust, but the problem with that is that it can also draw attention if they get scanned by a friendly Skybreaker. I’ll leave it up to the individual lightweavers to decide how to use their power. 

One thing we can and SHOULD do is: if you are approached by someone claiming to be a Skybreaker (or even a worldhopper who happened to scan someone), don’t automatically trust them, even if they provide correct info about your role and/or anyone else’s role. It’s really easy for a Skybreaker Eliminator to hide in plain sight that way. 

Also, if you are a Village Skybreaker, the best thing you can do is scan a bunch of people (making sure to share the info with people you trust), and then actually sacrifice yourself later on when your death can confirm your role and alignment, and thus also confirm all of your scan results. 

4 hours ago, Amber Vulture said:

I wasn’t active during the day cycle, I didn’t think. Have I forgotten a post I’ve made?

4 hours ago, Amber Vulture said:

I’m not sure how that would be a good strategy for an eliminator, drawing attention by pushing a lynch and then not actually voting. Seems like a lot of work for relatively little gain, since the elim’s goal would be to ultimately get the person lynched and decrease village numbers, and voting is a sure way to help accomplish that. With that said, I suppose your suspicion is fair. I haven’t been active enough to establish a base of consistency for my actions. I’ll work to rectify that

Vanna nodded along with Amber's explanation. "You make a good point here about the murderers using votes to try and get their way, but I'd imagine they'd be a bit careful about initiating the vote against someone, as that might put too much scrutiny on someone if their target was innocent. As you can see now, a lot of people are looking into Jai(beagle) after he initiated the vote against swan. I actually do believe you when you say that you would have joined the vote against Swan when it formed, but I'm not sure an innocent villager would have felt the need to tell everyone that he would have done so if they weren't around to actually make the vote. That comment looked a bite like you where trying to cover yourself from any accusations of pushing for a lynch without participating in it. And making sure to pre-emptively protect yourself from accusations is something with a dirty conscience would be more likely to do, I think.I do admit that it is not the strongest of leads, but it is a reason for me to keep an eye on you." 

Vanna sighed. She wished she had some more observations to share, but various events had kept distracting her. Thoughts of her unfinished painting kept interrupting her deliberations. "I don't think I'll be able to add anything more to the discussion tonight, so I'll leave it at this. I hope to meat you all tomorrow again."

AG4/AN1 - Day 3: Throw Away The Rest

Narg stood in front of his shed, facing no-one.
“No left, no left!” he whispered, only making the groans of the wood louder. “You leave. Now. Then I talk.”
The melancholy surrounding Narg left, but Narg did not feel anything. 
“You are sane,” Narg began. “I am keeping myself alive. Despite the pains, and yet I keep myself in place because you are a helper. I know. I do not even have a reason!”
“Joy for me only. Joy for just me and no-one else. This is justice. You do not know that yet, but I do. You make stalwart, strong despairs that you’ll never friend the saviour or saviours by helping my way into myself, one by one. You wish me luck.”
The shed continued. “You persist.”
“You will keep talking!” Narg shouted, and could not be silenced.
“I shush, with no effects. Life will continue tonight.”
The shed fell apart. “The sun rises. You have no purpose, now. I will grow new life, despite your attempts. Take care of the sun, and throw away the excess.”
Narg rose then, and his thoughts spilled onto the ground of the shed which had once been his prison.

Scarlet Octopus fell on that night. Some say that it falls to me to wax poetry about the words left by an octopus on the night of it’s death, but I do not have the skills for it. However, I can tell you about the origins of the phrase ‘wax poetic’. The word ‘wax’ means to grow, so the phrase is saying ‘to grow poetic’, of which I cannot do. For my language does not grow, nor does it stagnate. But alas, that is a sidetrack. Let us get back to the death of S.C, who is trendy enough to have a nickname so that they don’t have to write way too many letters to always refer to them.
A message to S.C, - who will surely be unable to read this as they are dead but may be able to contact me somehow - you may pester me to be included in these notes to the plebians among the world, as I will respect the effort that must be committed to be able to message me about that. If you have problems with this certainly less grandiose death than maybe expected, then I will be able to make it up to you, as seen below.

An Opal Lion
Was Not Hydrated Enough
Gone. Burnt To A Crisp.

Scarlet Octopus has died! They were a Village Edgedancer.
Opal Lion has died! They were a Villager.

Edgedancer Message 1:

It was just a simple Quarrel

That killed the good Sweet Coral

We loved our Swan

We’re sad they’re Gone

This town is not quite Moral.

Saffron was killed in hate

The killers did Lacerate

This sad Iguana

Who left for Nirvana

Let’s try to not share their fate.

In a horrible Game

A soldier took Aim

In Life’s great Arena

Died our poor Hyena

Who now takes the blame

Edgedancer Message 2:

Thoughtly composed Words,
Arranged Forwards and Backwards,
Presenting Keteks presently.
Backwards and Forwards,
Arranging Words, Composed Thoughtfully.
Sorry.
Tried thoughtful happiness, failed. 
Gloom prevails hereafter.
Hereafter prevails gloom.
Failing happiness, thoughtfully tried.
Sorry.
Hope Fades,
Honor Falling, 
Odium Rising, 
Radiating Hate.

Radiants Rising, 
Odium Falling, 
Honor Fading. 
Hope.

Quiet brooding, watching in shadows, 
A Darkness hidden, vigilant,
To fall on sleepers.
Sleep on, fall to vigilant hidden darkness, 
A Shadow in watch, brooding quitely.
Desolations - finally the Heralds of Death come,
Lord Odium Rises, thus falling Honor.
Broken Oaths remembered, Knights Radiants reborn.
Truth destroys Urithiru, Again Hate Reigns.

Hate again Urithiru, destroyed truly.
Reborn Radiant Knights, remember.
Oaths Broken, Honor falling, thus rises Odium.
Lord, Come - Death of Heralds, the Final Desolation.

Day Three has begun. It will end in 48 hours time, at 10pm GMT on the 19th January. 

bla_1516572000.png

Player List

1. Amethyst Scorpion
  2. Azure Mouse
  3. Amber Vulture
  4. Charcoal Hyena - Cannoc - Villager
  5. Chartreuse Penguin
  6. Coral Swan - Elyle - Village Lightweaver
  7. Cream Tuatara
  8. Emerald Falcon - Aldrick
  9. Fuschia Ostrich
  10. Indigo Weasel
  11. Ivory Dragonfly - Nolan
  12. Magenta Albatross
  13. Mauve Crocodile
  14. Melon Dingo - Quentisan - Village Edgedancer
  15. Mint Heron
  16. Onyx Flamingo - Squawk
  17. Opal Lion - Villager
  18. Oxblood Beagle - Jai
  19. Pearl Chameleon
  20. Plum Rhinoceros
  21. Quartz Zebra
  22. Saffron Iguana - Emalia - Village Lightweaver
  23. Sage Kangaroo
  24. Salmon Meerkat
  25. Sapphire Elephant
  26. Scarlet Octopus - Village Edgedancer 
  27. Sunburst Toucan - Vanna
  28. Taupe Gecko
  29. Turquoise Gorilla
  30. Violet Axolotl

PMs are not open.

Dang...those are some great keteks. Props to the writer. 

Sorry I couldn’t get on sooner, staying up late last night took something out of me and in the morning I’d completely forgotten to post here. I’ll look back over the night thread soon, just want to let people know I’m still here, and should be more active over the weekend.

Well, PMs are down, so if there is any more surprise bandwagon-ing then we will know that it is due to elims, or codewords set up prior, although I doubt codewords would have been set up.

5 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Gone. Burnt To A Crisp.

Does this mean that Opal was a Dustbringer kill?

And does that make Octopus was the Elim kill?