number of Seons

Zuff

Very good question. If an Elantrian creates a new Aeon, and it had a purpose and use, does it create a Seon to match? I think this could be possible since the Aeon draws (releases) investiture from the Cognitive Realm. Does the extra amount of power held there by two captive Shards automatically create a Seon when an Aeon is made? Would that count as a heavily invested "spren" with a physical manifestation? Or is it the other way around; if the Seon exists, can you draw on its power by making the exactly correct Aeon to match? Is this true for Skaze as well? I think a 1 to 1 correlation would be very interesting indeed.

@1stBondsmith I don't think new Aons could be created. All the possible ones are already there with or without Elantrians' knowledge.

But also if it was the case, I believe there would not be a correlation. "New Aon---> A Seon is born" as the Seon seems to be not so strongly connected with the AonDor. For example strictly speaking, all the Aons changed during the Reod but no new Seon was born and no of the older ones were updated/influenced.

12 hours ago, 1stBondsmith said:

Would that count as a heavily invested "spren" with a physical manifestation?

Seons are mostly like Radiant Spren from the Realmatic point of view, just assume they can't turn invisible.

12 hours ago, 1stBondsmith said:

Or is it the other way around; if the Seon exists, can you draw on its power by making the exactly correct Aeon to match? Is this true for Skaze as well? I think a 1 to 1 correlation would be very interesting indeed.

I don't understand what you want to ask there, could you expand your example a bit ?

I know there is not a published answer, and there appears to not be a WOB, but the question is:

If an Elantrian (someone with enough investiture) makes a new Aeon, (as we know they often did) does that create a new Seon or Skaze with the Aeon at its center?

Or:

Is there a fixed set on Seons and Skaze that dictate which Aeons will work from any attempt.

I realize that there are other options, but these are both a cause and effect looking at opposite sides of a 1 to 1 relationship.

This does not address how the Seon might be made, like "if enough Elantrians use and Aeon the same way, does it eventually have a spren-like reality that causes it to have sentience?". It also does not address the death of Seons or their mindlessness and bond to people that become Hoed. It just asks if there is a one to one relationship, and, if so, which one is the cause?

• Chaos locked this topic