Could Miles Hundredlives live a hundred lives?

To my understanding, the way healing works in the Cosmere reverts oneself to their perceived cognitive self. This is why Kaladin's brands don't heal, yet Lopen's arm grows back. With gold feruchemy, it would seem like one would still age. Their stored up health can only heal them so far, and their cognitive self would age. However, if one was able to have an absurd amount of healing, like a gold compounder such as Miles Hundredlives, AND they considered themselves immortal, would they age? I feel it is a reasonable inference to say Miles thinks himself immortal, considering his mentality seen in Mistborn, especially after he mentally moves beyond pain itself. If he imagined himself at a consistent age, believing that his healing prevented him from aging, and he always had copious, near infinite, amounts of healing readily available, I think he would achieve immortality. Plus, I feel like adding hemalurgy into the mix would only increase his already insane healing abilities, especially if he had a Trell spike that had some sort of power along the lines of healing. Thoughts?

His soul (separate from his Cognitive self-image) would still 'know' that he was older so that wouldn't work even if he could somehow perfectly envision himself as being immortal. And we know that he does actually grow old; he thinks himself that his gold compounding doesn't affect aging or the need for sleep. You need different metals for both of those things.

And welcome to the Shard!

Edited by Weltall

Healing could not keep you alive beyond the Human's lifespan and neither could keept you younger than how you suppose to be.
As proof, you need just to look at TLR's end. When his Atiummind were removed he reverted to his right age and died.

This happen because the Soul "knows" how old are you and it will push you physical to stay aligned with itself. TLR needs a constant stream of Investiture to keep his body to revert to an older state.

My explaination will make you think that Health could provide that stream of power too. But Healing work in the exact opposte way rather what you want to achieve. All the Healing does is too syncronize your Spiritual and Physical...The Spiritual is the perfect version of yourself, it is filtered to a degree by the Cognitive Self (your self perception) but there is a limit to this filter. You can't turn younger with Healing in the same way you can't become a werewolf also if you strongly belive you are one.

• Chaos locked this topic