I need help with a project

MonsterMetroid

So I unfortunately... do not own any ebooks. But I am working on a theory that requires a lot of searching. I was hoping that some people might be able to help me with searching for instances of a word and what they describe either in PM or in this thread. If you are willing to please PM or comment please. Thanks.

I just got a e-reader so I will not be able to help in the regard you are asking about. Have you tried searching with google books? Even if you dont buy the book they will have the page, or at least the paragraph, that the word or phrase you search for shows up in. There is a search bar on the left hand side of the page. Here is a link for a example:

https://books.google.com/books?id=LN_a49HEpmwC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Way+of+kings&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwih_szxx7zYAhVI42MKHZ_bDRAQ6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q=Way of kings&f=false

7 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

I just got a e-reader so I will not be able to help in the regard you are asking about. Have you tried searching with google books? Even if you dont buy the book they will have the page, or at least the paragraph, that the word or phrase you search for shows up in. There is a search bar on the left hand side of the page. Here is a link for a example:

https://books.google.com/books?id=LN_a49HEpmwC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Way+of+kings&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwih_szxx7zYAhVI42MKHZ_bDRAQ6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q=Way of kings&f=false

That is awesome to know about!

I am currently out of upvotes for the moment, but will give you one for this amazing info when they come back online.

*EDIT* This might only be a partial solution, I just did a search for Stormlight in WoR and only got 8 results. I did a Search in Oathbringer for Ulim and the page numbers were missing from the references. Still very useful, but not a total substitute for a searchable ebook. I guess Brandon will shake some more money out of me, as I'll have to buy all the ebooks as well as all the hardbacks now. Sigh, oh well, money well spent.

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine

31 minutes ago, Catladyman said:

@MonsterMetroid what words/phrases do you need searched?

So actually the amazing @dungeonfood was helping me out earlier and let me tell you he is a champ. I was trying to find usages of silver adjectives for things that are made of aluminum. Like for instance some WoB somewhere said that Shallans necklace is aluminum. So I figure if I compare the descriptions it might give us some insight... specifically about whether Azures sword might be awakened aluminum. Which if it was would be insane! But I swore that azures blade was described as silver but he could only find instances of the hilt being silvery, so I can associate whether her sword description correlates to other aluminum descriptions.

• Chaos locked this topic