Cephandrius snubbed Cultivation.

IllNsickly

In the middle of a SA leg of a Cosmere reread and the scene with Hoid, Shallan, Kaladin and Adolin just struck me.

When Our Favorite Worldhopper is challenged about potential romantic interests, he deflects with a comment about the only Potential Match based on age being incompatible.

I really want to know what he did to the Holder of Cultivation. I need this to be a Cosmere/SA Novella.

Edited by IllNsickly
Adverbs and participles...

It's probably simply the fact that someone who was attracted to pre-Shard Tanavast would be repelled by Hoid, for a multitude of reasons.  (Not that those reasons couldn't collide in a variety of entertaining ways, of course)  I expect that this will be returned to during Dragonsteel.  

Let's be honest, Hoid's personality isn't for everyone. I don't think the animosity is anything significant. I think it falls under the same category as the comment Hoid made about Tanavast "Nice fellow, bought me a drink once". Just a flippant comment to show the reader that there is more behind the curtain when it comes to Hoid. It also doubles as a cosmere easter egg. 

Edited by Kered

• Chaos locked this topic