Thank you.

Calderis

16 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Let us avoid shipping threads together for another year. I feel the same way about this community. You're a great part of it, Calderis. 

Hmmm sounds WAAAAAY to boring to me where is the passion, and intensity otherswise? :D

And thanks @Calderis for making my first bit here enjoyable though we sometimes don't agree on some theories I love how your posts are Always well thought out and respectful. I know when I first joined I was afraid people would be like "well duh" or "that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard" But I'm glad its not like that at all. (Or at least most of the time)

I can say honestly that I've learned more about the cosmere and its mechanics from your consistent WoB and theory posts than most forum users on the Shard. You're a big piece of the community in the way you articulate your knowledge and ideas. Cheesy, but whatev's. Thank you, pal, for making the fandom a cooler and more knowledgeable place.  

I'm just happy to have one more person who eats WoBs for breakfast. And who agrees with me or I agree with suprisingly often, not only in WoBs, but also theories and other stuff... I'm bad at writing such things. You're a great part of the community, and it's better for you being in it.

1 hour ago, Calderis said:

Thank you The One Who Connects (who I still can't tag)

@The One Who Connects

There you go :)

@Calderis Hey, I just wanted to say congrats to a year on the Shard, it's been an awesome one for the both of us (since we both joined on the same day). You and several others were definitely huge insirations to me to learn more about the Cosmere and start to theorize about it (though you were always better at WoB-hunting than me). I can't believe it's already been a year. Or maybe it's crazier that we both joined on the same day. Either way, congrats to the both of us again, and here's to several more.

Thank you Calderis! You always contribute with something awesome, and whenever I see one of your posts, I know that I will see something great. You are kind and respectful to everyone, and you have been helpful when I've asked about stuff. The community benefits greatly from the fact that you are here.

19 hours ago, Calderis said:

Thank you The One Who Connects (who I still can't tag) for surprising me constantly over the past year with obscure WoBs.

The same thanks goes to you and @Extesian, since I'm good with obscure and forget the obvious ones. Congrats to your year, even if it feels like it's been so much more.

17 hours ago, Oversleep said:

@The One Who Connects

There you go :)

Thank you for tagging me, or else I'd have missed this. Also thanks(to all of you) for the discussions over the year, they've been fun.

@Calderis, I have only been on the shard for a little under 2 months, but during that time I've been deeply impressed with your amazing WoB skills, the way you you tactfully redirect erroneous lines of speculations (usually by using your aforementioned WoB skills) and by the precision and conciseness of your writing in general. To draw a comparison, that I think is well deserved, you are like the Ernest Hemingway of the Shard, you have the ability to explain the esoteric and profound in a manner that is both concise and clear. Your essay on the Intents (along with @Steeldancer's essay on the Spiritual Realm and  @Confused's essay on Cosmere magic) should be pegged in the Cosmere Theories board as must reads (which maybe something administrators would decide what goes in).

For my bday coming up in February I am going to be getting the 3 volume signed hardback set of Mistborn from Brandon's store, I have one question I know I'm going to ask about the cognitive realm, but I will give you one of the 3 questions, you can PM with the question or post it in reply. The third question will be a 17th Shard derived question.

I live in mini portland, otherwise known as Eugene oregon, let me know if there's going to be a signing in portland and I'll let you know if there's going to be a signing in eugene( it happened once before so it's not outside the realm of possibilities).

Let me know if you're ever going to be in Eugene, seriously as thanks for you work the first pitcher will be on me.

@hoiditthroughthegrapevine thank you. Thanks to the magic of the internet, you've met me feel I come across as more cool headed and composed than the condescending and opinionated that I fear my posts are taken :D

I have family I'm Eugene, so I may have to take you up on the offer sometime. 

As far as the book is concerned, I appreciate it, and I'll think about it, perhaps discuss question ideas with you. I don't want to steal the WoB away from you completely though, that just doesn't feel right. So let me know what areas your particularly interested in and I'll offer some suggestions. Plus, from what I've seen, being genuine and specific is the best method with Brandon. 

Well @Calderis, if you're ever in Eugene and feel like talking about the Cosmere over a frosty pint let me know. 

Obviously with the 1 out f 3 questions I would reserve the right of veto, like if your question was if Vivenna likes donuts with or without sprinkles I would have to pass, but I doubt it would be something so trivial. 1 out of 3 questions is yours if you want it (with the above proviso of course).

3 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

if your question was if Vivenna likes donuts with or without sprinkles I would have to pass

Oh come on! :P That's an important question, right next to this one:

Questioner

Can you give us some more tidbits about Hoid?

Brandon Sanderson

Can I give you more tidbits about Hoid? He loves bacon. *laughter* No I can't give you any, you'll have to go online and find out more tidbits about Hoid. I'm very tight-lipped.

or

Weltall (paraphrased)

I asked what Hoid's favorite flavor of instant noodles is.

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

At first I think he misheard me asking what his own favorite is ('spicy Korean ramen' apparently, though I don't remember the exact specifics) so I clarified. He said that Hoid is looking forward to instant noodles but they aren't Yolish and he knows about them via the same method that he knows where he needs to be in the cosmere. 

;)

8 hours ago, Mestiv said:

Oh come on! :P That's an important question, right next to this one:

Questioner

Can you give us some more tidbits about Hoid?

Brandon Sanderson

Can I give you more tidbits about Hoid? He loves bacon. *laughter* No I can't give you any, you'll have to go online and find out more tidbits about Hoid. I'm very tight-lipped.

Yeah, makes this possible scene more plausible:

"Dalinar, your breakfast and mine are not the same. If I have to watch all of your bacon Burn to eat mine I will."

Sometimes the profound can be hidden in plain sight, and sometimes it's just fun to know these things. I'll only have 3 questions though, I would like to know what type of donuts Vivenna likes, but I'll leave that to some other person to ask Brandon about.

I would be curious if you could awaken food what the effects of eating an awakened strip of bacon that was given the command "Metabolize Well" would be, but again I'll leave that one too for another to ask.

• 2 weeks later...

@Calderis Your tone is so sad - it's like you're leaving forever bro. Don';t worry, there's another year, new memories,(hopefully) new cosmere tidbits to discuss, adn generally another happy year.

On another note the number of upvotes you have as of now is 17 exactly. I thought it was poetically ironic and nice, so here i s a metaphorical up-vote 

Edited by NamelessThirteenth