What book can I read your understand more about the Cosmere, Investiture, Adonalsium, Shards, worldhoppers, and the cogs of the universe in general?

The Night Watcher

Question

7 answers to this question

I believe the Mistborn's trilogy is the better source of general information about the Realmatic for now. You could grasp the basic mechanics of magic and Shards. Much more is a complete product and makes a good work to explain stuffs....But you need to extrapolate from the books

If you want to find a book with a lot of hints facts, you should try Arcanum Unbounded, as it has many hints facts that were not well known before. 

However, it is a short story collection, and I've heard some people don't like those.

You still will have to check WoB's and the forums for more tidbits of cosmere-ish things.

Good luck!

4 hours ago, The Night Watcher said:

Only heard whispers of this stuff. What book do I read for information?

Most of these things are secondary to the actual story, and become background elements in the books.

The Shards are a little more involved nowadays than they were, but most of our details are still from outside sources(Brandon/Peter/Isaac).

As we get further into the Cosmere story-line, the other elements will become more primary too(worlds becoming more advanced, worldhoppers becoming more common, Dragonsteel, etc..), but there are some things that even Brandon can't fit into the stories. Details from events before/after the books, for example.