Cosmere Codenames

Herowannabe

2 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

I do worry about some of the obscure words- before I generate a key for the Spymasters, should we swap out some of the harder references? Maybe reduce it to Cosmere works only? What do people say?

I'm fine with just Cosmere works.

7 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

I want to join. 

adding you to the Blue Team! Welcome aboard! :)

Okay, I went ahead and swapped out all of the non-cosmere references, as well as some of the more obscure/difficult codenames. Any last requests for codenames you feel should be swapped out? I'll give people a little bit of time to respond, but once we start the codenames will be locked in. 

3 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

adding you to the Blue Team! Welcome aboard! :)

Okay, I went ahead and swapped out all of the non-cosmere references, as well as some of the more obscure/difficult codenames. Any last requests for codenames you feel should be swapped out? I'll give people a little bit of time to respond, but once we start the codenames will be locked in. 

Only request is limited OB spoilers 

29 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

Only request is limited OB spoilers 

Just looked over the grid again and none of the clues give anything away in a Oathbringer, so I think you should be fine, so long as you don’t read some of the linked coppermind entries (for characters from the Stormlight Archive like Queen Ausedan or Drehy or so on). I can’t guarantee that the clues given by the Spymasters won’t spoil anything though. As I said, play at your own risk. 

I will say this much (and I should anyway, regardless), for Oathbringer specifically, if any clues or comments might be oathbringer spoilers, then make sure to put them in spoiler tags and label them as such. Let’s all adhere to that Oathbringer Spoiler Policy banner at the top of the page, yeah? ;)

On 1/7/2018 at 0:54 AM, Darkness_ said:

I will have no idea what I'm doing :D 

You’ll get the hang of it. Talk things over with your teammates, they’ll help you out. :)

alright, Game 1 has begun! I’ve generated the keycard and shared it with Xino. A quick reminder to everyone to review the rules and stick to them as best as you can. Good luck everyone! :)

The keycard indicates that the red team goes first, so here’s my clue:

Events / 3

EDIT: some housekeeping stuff:

first, for easy reference: 

Link to the google sheet

Player List

Red Team

SM: Herowannabe 

Kered 

Jondesu 

Steeldancer

Luckat 

Blue Team

SM: Xinoehp512 

Hemalurgic Headshot 

Darkness

Silverblade5 

Second, for anyone who stumbles across this thread, you’re free to join in at any time. Just post your desire to join and then we’ll assign you to a team ;)

Edited by Herowannabe
Updated the player list

3 hours ago, Darkness_ said:

Do both teams converse here?

@Hemalurgic Headshot

@Silverblade5

Yes. At least, that’s what I was planning. In real life Codenames you have to discuss in the open, so it makes sense to do it that way here, too. ;)

Speaking of “mentions,” it probably wouldn’t hurt for the Spymasters to mention their teammates when they post a clue. I guess I’ll go ahead and do so now so poor Steeldancer isn’t left hanging.

@Steeldancer @Kered @Jondesu

also, it occurs to me now that we’ll need some way for a team to signal that they’re done making guesses and their turn is over. Often times the choice is made for them by making a wrong guess or using up all of their guesses, but many times they have simply made all the guesses they want to make that turn and wish to stop. 

In real life it’s a simple thing to ask if they’re done with their turn, but in an online setting that “simple” question could potentially take days to get an answer to.

I’m open to suggestions on how to handle it, but right now I’m thinking a time limit might be the simplest way, though I have no idea what an appropriate time limit would be. Maybe have players signal when they’ve made all their guesses they wish to make this turn?

Edited by Herowannabe

On 1/7/2018 at 5:10 PM, Steeldancer said:

Kered and Jondesu, we have three things to find! 

The best ones I see are the Battle of Luthadel, the Oathpact, and the Reod. unless you define the Cosmere as an event, which I don't. But what do you think?

I can’t honestly say I fully understand the game yet, but yes, those seem like the three being referenced. Do we simply guess one of those at a time, then?

4 hours ago, Darkness_ said:

grumbles

Well seems lke my team s nactve.

Your team hasn’t been given a clue yet, so there’s not really anything for them to discuss yet. That will change soon. 

Soeaking of which, @Steeldancer @Kered Last call to use your last guess, if you want to. If not, please say so so that the blue team can take their turn. 

Perhaps while making guesses in general, everyone consider indicating when you’re done. Something like:

My guesses are:

Kaladin

Vasher

Elantris

Done Guessing