The word Adonalsium

The Invested Beard

Time for another not well thought out crackpot theory based on happenstance! YAY

My brother and I were recently talking about this WoB:

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/127-salt-lake-city-comiccon-2017/#e5112

It got us to thinking. What overarching concept permeates the Cosmere? Adonalsium. Wait a second, doesn't Adonalsium sound like the name of a metal? We have Atium and Lerasium, Aluminium, etc...And metal can be shattered....

I think we might be on to something huge here guys...

Edited by The Invested Beard

On 12/22/2017 at 1:43 PM, The Invested Beard said:

Time for another not well thought out crackpot theory based on happenstance! YAY

My brother and I were recently talking about this WoB:

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/127-salt-lake-city-comiccon-2017/#e5112

It got us to thinking. What overarching concept permeates the Cosmere? Adonalsium. Wait a second, doesn't Adonalsium sound like the name of a metal? We have Atium and Lerasium, Aluminium, etc...And metal can be shattered....

I think we might be on to something huge here guys...

also, metal is very important across the cosmere as well, which is interesting.

I actually might have something more in-depth. some of this is from coppermind, and definitions, but some of it is my interpretation:

definitions:

"The name Adonalsium is derived from a Hebrew name for God, Adonai."  -coppermind 

the suffix -al, as defined by google as relating to; of the kind of. (not sure if this is actually important, but it seems like something that nobody else has noticed, though.) 

and the suffix -ium, forming names of metallic elements. (according to google, it could also be denoting a region of the body, or denoting a biological structure.)

my interpretation:

so, it seems like it means something that was like or relating to a god (which brings up interesting implications), perhaps a metal, which means it could mean something like "something like or relating to a god metal (strange that we already have god metals...)" or maybe something else, perhaps it means "a region of or a structure in or relating to the body of a god", which I think is a really interesting concept.

I might be wrong, though. I would like to see what other people have to say.

• Chaos locked this topic