So this is theory is just completely out there and a wild guess without much evidence to go on.  Basically I theorize that "What If Obrodai is the planet where Dark One takes place?". We don't know much about Dark One other than that it's cosmere and the main character is destined to destroy the world.  Based on the evidence from the second letter Obrodai is a shardworld or at least has a splinter of a shard/shardic presence. Due to its correlation with a shard that makes it a candidate for future books and stories and I really don't have anymore evidence than that. It's mostly just intuition honestly, not really a true theory.

Well let me know what you think, and if you have any counter arguments or other ideas to add.

Dark One has been moved out of the cosmere according to this years State of the Sanderson https://brandonsanderson.com/state-of-the-sanderson-2017/

Dark One

My eternal “like Harry Potter from Voldemort’s viewpoint” fantasy sequence is still hanging out, buzzing at the sides of my brain. I wrote a really spectacular outline for it this summer, one I love quite a bit, and it got both television graphic novel interest—but these are deals still very much in the works, so I can’t talk about them yet.

I’m pleased with what I have though, and feel this series has moved for the first time in a long while. Note that I did end up pulling it out of the Cosmere, as it ended up working better as a dark secondary world fantasy than it did as a Cosmere YA series. It went both older, and more twisted, in the current outline. Hopefully, by next year’s State of the Sanderson we’ll have something more solid to announce.

As for Obrodai I'm fairly certain it is First of the Sun due to this WOB

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

As in one of the 16 Shards of Adonalsium is represented and involved in First of the Sun. In fact, one of the letters references First of the Sun in this *Indicates to Oathbringer*

Sorry, I probably killed some theories on that one.

Overlord Jebus [PENDING REVIEW]

Yup, but by doing that you've confirmed some as well so it's fine!

Edited by Dlyol

3 minutes ago, Dlyol said:

As for Obrodai I'm fairly certain it is First of the Sun due to this WOB

Obrodai actually seems to be someplace new. Everything else in the letter speaks where they are at and the waters in which they reside, and that does indeed appear to be First of the Sun. Obrodai, and it's female Avatar appear to be someplace separate though. 

I think in this case Patji is the name of a sliver from a Shard, not the Shard Vessel's name itself. It seems to match with the recent information we've gained about Autonomy, also known as Bavadin, who likes to create Autonomous slivers to watch over its shard worlds. Which explains the weirdness, there isn't a full Shard there, just a splinter.

That or the Perpendicularity existed before the shattering and is leftover from Adonalisium directly. That was my original interpretation, but now I'm leaning more to the Autonomy theory.

• Chaos locked this topic