[OB] Odium Trapped

Thanatos

Oathbringer Spoilers

So was Odium trapped on Roshar for a few centuries/millennia prior to the first desolations?

Spoiler

They came from another world, using powers that we have been forbidden to touch. Dangerous powers, of spren and Surges. They destroyed their lands and have come to us begging

Would have taken time for 'The Tranquill Halls (Braize)' to fall. Not only that but spren is how investiture work in that part of the Cosmere. So Odium created surgebinding with humans prior to the first desolation.

Edited by Orlok Tsubodai
Spoiler tag added

That is kind of a large and plot twist suggestion, but I find validity in it. Now, I'm pretty sure that the Tranquiline Halls, or the world the people lived on before Roshar, was Ashyn, not Braize. But your idea that Odium was stuck on Roshar long enough to utilize Surgebinding for the human Voidbringers to use is a good idea. In spite of that, I don't think Odium created Surgebinding, as he created Voidbinding, but we can't know for sure. But I think it is quite likely that Odium was Invested or trapped on Roshar for the first few centuries. Good thought.

Edited by Firerust
Content removed because spoilers were properly sorted out

12 hours ago, Firerust said:

SPOILER ALERT

Sorry, but: Please keep in mind that those are Oathbringer spoilers and as such, your topic should have the [OB] tag on it so we know. That way, people who haven't read it won't get spoilers such as those, if you can find a way to edit the post.

(using spoiler tags for big OB spoilers in case anyone who hasn't read it accidentally wanders on before this change is made:)

The spoiler tag button is the eye.  You may have misclicked on the quote button.  

• Chaos locked this topic