Brilliant writeup, Joe! I enjoyed your crossovers.

And well played, @Steeldancer, as much as it frustrated me. You had the whole lot of us fooled. Relish your victory, for such another might not come again.

Thank you to everyone else that played, especially you new players. My apologies as we killed you off one by one, or maybe more at once. But please, please come back for more games! The more the scarier merrier!

That was fun. @Steeldancer, I knew it was a long shot, but when you said 90%, I figured that there might be a small chance that I could sow just enough doubt in your mind to get a different target at night.

I was planning on challenging you at night - telling you that you couldn't block both the Elim kill and my protection (because I was still acting villager-y), and saying that if I could block your kill then I could give the village a chance.

It was a very long shot. And, as it turned out, not one that would have had a chance of working - your later explanation of evidence was far more convincing. I had no counterargument for that.

I had a great deal of fun in the dead doc, though...

Heyo folks. Been kinda busy of late (had this plan that would have been amusing to see in action, but alas I was not able to try it) but I'll drop by to say, well played all. That was a good game. Joe I think your mistborn vs. eliminators vs. village mechanic worked brilliantly, and I would be interested in future games that do something similar.

On 1/9/2018 at 11:59 PM, A Joe in the Bush said:

Thank you all for playing, GM's Final thought's will be posted soon, for now, enjoy several docs!

One Week Later

Eh, soonish.

Welcome to the GM's final thoughts!

First things first, the main 'twist' of the game, Alignment Cross Play. The Serial Killer wins when the Elims are dead, not everyone. I decided on that partially because, as far as i could remember, the only two serial killers to ever win were Mage Star (OP Pls Nerf) and Orlok (Even more OP Pls nerf). So I wanted to give a Serial Killer a fighting chance at victory without making them overpowered. I think I managed it, but I would love to hear from @Steeldancer @Seonid @Alvron and @Drake Marshall. Did you guys, who dealt the most with him, think he had too much power? He could smoke and kill each night. Powers aside, I loved the alignment itself. The fact that the village became willing to protect the Elims was something I was hoping for. Admittedly, an Elim was the person to first suggest it. I think this, like the Alcatraz Marriage mechanic, will become one of my favorite mechanics. Expect to see them both again.

Secondly, The Madman. I tossed this gem in for two reasons, it gave the Eliminators a informational lead on the mistborn and village, and it gave the dead doc a much needed excuse to remain active. While the first reason never got utilized, due to the lack of informational roles being used with luck, Seonid did keep the dead doc going for an entire 20 pages. It was quite fun to watch him work, especially when we were discussing Seonid himself. To those of you who were in the Dead Doc, did you enjoy having a living player to talk to? What were your thoughts on the Madman turning out to being an eliminator?

Third, The Retired Hazekiller. This role was intended from the beginning. It was the secondary reasoning behind there being two variants of each power. (the primary reason was too weaken seekers, I'll discuss that in a bit.) It was intended to be a boost to the village, though it never happened that way. The Hazekiller did nearly discover the Mistborn though, which I hadn't realized was a possibility until it happen. But Straw was very nearly a Kingmaker twice over. Giving the Mistborn the ability to roleblock was what won Steeldancer the game. Had Straw not done that, Seonid wouldn't have focused on the barely actives as he did. And even if he had, Day 5 would have started with 2 elims, not 1. Steel would have been lynched 3 to 2, and then killed that night, for an elim victory. Straw was nearly a Kingmaker again when he gave the already immortal Seonid the ability to protect his teammate. But Steeldancer took the one set of actions to allow him to win.

Fourth, Roles and Balance. Hmmm. This section I dislike. I don't think I gave the village enough of a fighting chance. They had no alignment Scanners, and no proper seekers. What they did have never got used. Both protectors died the second cycle, both seekers were largely ineffective, those who could affect votes didn't last long enough, and both the PM providers died night 1 (which was hilarious). And, I think the Elims were too powerful. Had Ornstein survived the first lynch, he would have returned to Activity. (He PM'd me on Day 2) The Elims would have had 3 players, and a vote manip. Seonid wouldn't have been nearly as trusted, but they could have hammered an Elend vote early on.

Fifth, Footnotes and things.

• I think telling you guys how many secrets there were was the right play. Nothing was too far out of left field.
  • Steeldancer made an amazing Doc
  • Manukos, I misspelled your name far too often. Thank you for Co GMing with me, sorry there wasn't more for you to do.
  • Thank you to @Val for being the best Random Number Generator I could ask for.
  • Thank you to Alvron for being a very fun spectater.
  • Thank you to everyone for playing.

I hope to see you all again soon!

• 2 months later...

As it is now time to close up this game, many thanks are due to all involved in the game. It's always great to see well balanced games with interesting mechanics, so all credit to Joe on that front. I'd also echo the commendation of Steel for his victory as a serial killer in a balanced game - not an easy feat to have accomplished.

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, just get a hold of SeonidAlvron, Wilson or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list (and the GM PM group), but we'll be more than willing to help out in any way we can. 

You can also post game ideas, ask questions, and get feedback from everyone over in our Art of Game Creation thread too. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're working on.

Thanks again to everyone who played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games!