LG41: Night 0: Signups and Rules.

Vin dropped through the Mist. She threw out a handful of boxings, steelpushing them downward until they hit the cobblestone street below her, abruptly slowing her fall. She flared tin and scanned the alleyways and windows as she landed, searching for anyone who had attempted to hide after her sudden appearance.

No one. The world was quiet here.

She fanned her bronze to a flare, seeking out any Allomantic pulses. Still nothing. She prowled down the street until she was satisfied no one was there, then Ironpulled her boxings back to her, and steeljumped away.

Fynn Seidel breathed out in relief as the Mistborn jumped away. What manner of ill fortune had brought her here as they were walking through? No one had seen them enter the city, he was sure of that, and the only one to have seen them since had been killed in seconds.

One of the other infiltrators gently laid a hand on his back. “Boss, do we continue to the safehouses or find a new route?”

Fynn pursed his lips, and mouthed a few things while looking skyward, but shook his head. “We continue. The previous cell already has houses here, and cover stories for us. We just need to reach them. Once we are established in the city, we can work on getting close to the King. Finding a new route could delay us until Cett’s army is already here.”

The infiltrators shook off their concealment, and hurried out into the misty night.

Roles

Elend Venture: Village Safe role played by the GM. Due to being protected by Vin, Elend cannot be killed by anything except a lynch. He cannot be targeted by any roles except the Mistborn.

Unstable Mistborn: Each Night, you may use Coinshot 1 to kill a player and either Smoker 2 or Seeker 2. Each Day, you may use either Soother 1 or Rioter 1. You have access to Thug 2.

Assassin: In addition to any other role this Infiltrator might have, he can make a one time unblockable kill. (Goes through all extra lives, all layers of defenses. Cannot be roleblocked or redirected.) Night only.

Note: For Allomantic roles players have only one variant. Example, a Thug does not have both the extra life and the bodyguard ability.

Thug 1 (Active): Each Night Turn, you may guard a player. If that player is killed, you will attack the killer.

Thug 2 (Passive): You may survive 1 Attack, including the Lynch

Tineye 1 (Passive): As long as you are alive, PM’s are open at night.

Tineye 2 (Passive): Each day, you learn the alignment of the player you voted on.

Lurcher 1 (Passive): You are immune to night kills.

Lurcher 2 (Active): You can protect a player from one attack each night.

Coinshot 1 (Active): Each Night, you may kill a player. Note that only the Mistborn will have this role.

Coinshot 2 (Active): Each Night, you may Jump around the city, hiding yourself from most roles. The Assassin and the 1st seeker can still target you.

Seeker 1 (Active): At Night, you may target someone to learn what Allomantic metals they burned that Cycle.

Seeker 2 (Active): At Night, you may target a player to learn what Allomantic abilities were burned in their vicinity that night. (If they have a night role, you might learn it, but you will also learn what night roles visited them, with no proof of which one was burned by the player you visited)

Smoker 1 (Passive): During the day, any votes on the player you voted on cannot be affected.

Smoker 2 (Active):During the night, you may protect one player from Seekers, Soothers, and rioters.

Soother 1 (Active): During the day, you may cancel a player’s vote.

Soother 2 (Active) During the Night, you may cancel a player’s action.

Rioter 1 (Active): During the day, you may move a player’s vote. You cannot make it a No Vote.

Rioter 2 (Active): During the Night, you may redirect a player’s action. They will not know they were redirected.

Factions:

Elend’s Loyalists: The Village faction. They want to kill all of Cett’s Infiltrators and the Mistborn. They have no doc or starting PMs, and they do not have any kill roles.

Cett’s Infiltrators: The Eliminator Faction. They want to kill Elend. Each night, they have a singular group kill. They have a doc to work in.

The Unstable Mistborn: The Serial Killer. S/He wants to kill Cett’s Infiltrators.

Housekeeping:

Day turns are 48 hours long. Night Turns are 24 Hours long.

There is a two vote minimum to lynch a player. If there is a tie, each player has a 50% chance of dying. (At least one will die)

There are no more than 3 secret rules (rules in this case meaning secret mechanics, roles, actions, or factions)

Rollover will be at a set point each cycle. I have not decided when yet. If you have a preferred time, please say your timezone in your signup post.

PM's are night only, while the first Tineye is alive.

The game starts on December 26th.

There is a 7 player minimum.

Player List:

1. Steeldancer - A dancer who wears steel toed boots.
  2. Straw - Adfus Syponr, A man who beleives in Luck and Chance. 
  3. Droughtbringer - Fake Joe, a man who tempts the wrath of the Gods.
  4. Devotary of Spontaneity - Varun, a man who asks all the right Questions.
  5. Asterion137 - Ashimar, a man so quiet, he goes unseen.
  6. Seonid - Count Sen Conrad the III, a man unrelated to something or other.
  7. Bassookla, Hemalurgic Headshot - Marv, Nothing unusual about him.
  8. LivingLegend - Lamar, a parrot who loves Seasonal things.
  9. Darkness_ - Jax Sangrin, a man who loves boxes
  10. shanerockes - Phillip, the first of his line
  11. ShaneyRus - Lyv, who loves short names with rare letters
  12. Ornstein - Thorn, a sharp prickly person
  13. Nuttallaspren - Norys, a chocolate maker.
  14. Araris Valerian - Aralis Penrod, a noble nobleman
  15. Sart - Lord Tuy, probably not Hoid

Main GM: A Joe in the Bush
Co-GM: Maunkos
Impartial Moderator: Alvron unhallowed be his name.

Quick Links:

Signing up as Varun.

Can the assassin use their one kill at any time? If the assassin uses their unblockable kill on someone protected by Thug 1, will the Thug attack the assassin? Will Thug 1 retaliate if the person they are guarding gets lynched?

Why can the Mistborn target Elend?

Can the seekers detect passive use metals even if that metal isn't used that cycle? (Seeker 1 targets Lurcher 1, but Lurcher 1 does not get attacked.)

2 hours ago, Ookla the Haphazard said:

Signing up as Varun.

Can the assassin use their one kill at any time? If the assassin uses their unblockable kill on someone protected by Thug 1, will the Thug attack the assassin? Will Thug 1 retaliate if the person they are guarding gets lynched?

Why can the Mistborn target Elend?

Can the seekers detect passive use metals even if that metal isn't used that cycle? (Seeker 1 targets Lurcher 1, but Lurcher 1 does not get attacked.)

The Assassin can use their one use kill any NIGHT. The Thug 1 will attack the Assassin. The Thug 1 can only guard someone at Night, so cannot affect the Lynch.

The Mistborn can target Elend because reasons. (Actual reasons)

For the Seeker Question,  i do not know yet. I will think about it. Good Question!

6 hours ago, Straw said:

@Alvron, the gods of Luck and Chance are present in this game!

Indeed they are.  I however won't be as I will be the IM for this game.  Rest assured though that I will petition the Gods of Luck and Chance to make their presence known in other interesting ways.... 5lQZBzxan9N0Nl5pJ-cJ6p75zMIY2RQiiwAS5-DIHrDyzKfILd7GBKeqvcMMyrWxyI2w4oMirKOe0m8psZQ2agGmxoS_0hDclPDlj1kpy82KDEUaLnNLJzt_VVWC_oDJcynruyqc

Hey, I'm sorta new here (have had the account for a while but not an active member, recently joined the Discord after finishing OB) and interested in trying an SE game for the first time. I'm active in a mafia forum community that's pretty esoteric in its setup/game styles/ways of doing things, so it's a little intimidating to join here since you guys seem to do things a bit differently, but at least I'm familiar with the general format of forum mafia. The one thing I'm a little concerned about is the RPing, I've glanced at a few other threads and it looks like in most games it's not required -- I'm a little intimidated by the prospect of RPing a character so is it required in this game specifically? 

On that note, would it be better for me to start with a smaller/more vanilla-roles game? I saw there's also a midrange game in signups but this one has the benefit of not starting until after Christmas Day (plus the role setup looks really cool and I like ability-heavy games, though vanillas are fun too)

I'll sign up, sure.

I shall be called Jay. Ostensibly the new librarian for Luthadel's royal library, despite being illiterate.

1 hour ago, nutellaspren said:

Hey, I'm sorta new here (have had the account for a while but not an active member, recently joined the Discord after finishing OB) and interested in trying an SE game for the first time. I'm active in a mafia forum community that's pretty esoteric in its setup/game styles/ways of doing things, so it's a little intimidating to join here since you guys seem to do things a bit differently, but at least I'm familiar with the general format of forum mafia. The one thing I'm a little concerned about is the RPing, I've glanced at a few other threads and it looks like in most games it's not required -- I'm a little intimidated by the prospect of RPing a character so is it required in this game specifically? 

On that note, would it be better for me to start with a smaller/more vanilla-roles game? I saw there's also a midrange game in signups but this one has the benefit of not starting until after Christmas Day (plus the role setup looks really cool and I like ability-heavy games, though vanillas are fun too)

Welcome to Sanderson Elimination! :) Have an upvote.

Roleplay is not required, and there are definitely some veteran players who basically don't do any roleplay. Those of us who do roleplay just do it to entertain each other and ourselves. If roleplaying isn't your cup of tea, feel absolutely free to abstain from it. (If on the other hand you do want to get involved, feel free to do that too)

Considering the fact that you have experience in other forum mafia games, I'd say you'll probably be fine starting with an LG, if that's what you want to do. It might be a little different from what you are used to, but I'd bet that you would do just fine.

4 hours ago, nutellaspren said:

This game should actually be pretty simple. There aren't many clever twists that can be done with these roles, so you don't have to worry about being blindsided by wild combo's. I would love for people to RP, and will encourage it, but in this game, RP has no effect on the game.