Keteks for all!

Oathforger

I think the Ketek form is really neat too, here is a Meta-ketek that exposes one of the features that makes this such an interesting form:

Spoiler

This form is really neat it hinges around a central idea, central a around hinging it, neats really is form this.

4 hours ago, Totally_Not_A_Worldhopper said:

I wrote a few keteks after seeing this thread, but here are the best:

This one I made up myself:  

Reveal hidden contents

Now, alone, longing, I hope for peace, for hope I long, alone now.

And these are based on death rattles from the series (the second one is very sad...):

Reveal hidden contents

Fallen title, the tower, the crown, the spear chosen. Spear the crown, the tower, the title fallen.

Reveal hidden contents

Bodies of brothers, I am weeping and bloody. And weeping am I, brother of bodies.

I love all of these. Thank you so much for contributing.

8 hours ago, Totally_Not_A_Worldhopper said:

And these are based on death rattles from the series (the second one is very sad...):

Hide contents

Fallen title, the tower, the crown, the spear chosen. Spear the crown, the tower, the title fallen.

Hide contents

Bodies of brothers, I am weeping and bloody. And weeping am I, brother of bodies.

The death rattle ones are so good.

The last one is my favourite because in the reversal contextualises the narrator's grief to be something personal, not just than just witnessing death. And you've made it feel so natural the whole way through, despite the reversal. Absolutely well done. 

11 hours ago, MistLord said:

The death rattle ones are so good.

The last one is my favourite because in the reversal contextualises the narrator's grief to be something personal, not just than just witnessing death. And you've made it feel so natural the whole way through, despite the reversal. Absolutely well done. 

Thank you!!! Everyone is being way too nice about these... I didn't even think they were that good. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2017 at 8:24 PM, Oathforger said:

I like it, but try to use the middle word only once. Great idea though! :)

If the middle word is doubled, it's still symmetrical and valid. The main part most people forget, is that a ketek should be able to be split into 5 pieces that are self contained thoughts. 

Oathforger, / brilliant so! / I love these keteks / these love I/ so brilliant Oathforger!

Holy so we are. / Wait. / Are we so holy?

-This second one here is a Ketek questioning its own existence. I know it has 3 parts instead of the traditional 5, but it should still get points on solely philosophical basis alone.

Edited by Krypton Savant