Era 4 Mistborn theory

Cosmernaut

A few theories about the Cosmere compiled.

Does anyone else think that Era 4 Mistborn will be about a space war between the Scadrians and the Rosharans? Mr. Sanderson has been pretty tight-lipped about who The Ones Above were. My theory is that they were Rosharans. Given the fact that the entirety of Stormlight Archive will take place at roughly the same time as Mistborn Era 2, we know that by Mistborn Era 4, hundreds of years will have passed. Roshar, by that time and using stormlight as well as the surgebinding and fabrials, could have discovered FTL travel as well. He has described it as a space opera and by definition of the genre, space opera is about intergalactic battles among planets. He has also described Era 4 as involving a clash of cultures and planets.

Another thing I was thinking was that the Era 4 Scadrians are probably moving between planets by somehow enhancing Steel Pushing and Iron Pulling. They Push from Scadrial and steer by Pulling themselves to other planets where they want to land on. They can also correct their trajectory with small Pushes and Pulls. I don't know the composition of planets in the Cosmere, but would it be safe to assume that they have a metallic core that can be acted upon?

1 minute ago, Cosmernaut said:

I don't know the composition of planets in the Cosmere, but would it be safe to assume that they have a metallic core that can be acted upon?

Unless there is a realmatically sound reason for it being otherwise, you can typically assume that stuff in the Cosmere works in the same way that stuff here works. Pretty much every "weird" thing in the Cosmere is something that is technically possible (like Cremling), or it's tied to Investiture, the Cognitive Realm or the Spiritual Realm.

So, unless somehow the existence of the other Realms interferes, then we can assume that yes, most Cosmere planets will have metal cores. Of course, there might be IRL planets that don't, so keep that in mind.

• Chaos locked this topic