[OB]Which covers the best

bdoble97

All the covers are beautiful in their own way I feel like Oathbringer is the best cover due to the fact I fell it depicts one of the most epic scene so far in the series The Way of Kings cover to really doesn't depict any scene within the series but still a beautiful cover.  Words of Radiance cover is nice but I was never a huge fan of it. I really hope that Michael Whelan will be able to do the rest of the series covers but if not the artis that did the 2nd set of endpages his first name Escapes Me by believe it's last name is Lyons. 

91FZ41RwZzL.jpg

917AnD4pjfL._AC_UL320_SR196,320_-1.jpg

oathbringer_cover-final.jpg

Edited by bdoble97

I think that all the covers are improved by seeing the full art.

WoK-branded-wallpaper-1680x1050.jpg

WoK's cover sets the scene of the shattered plains. You have a shardbearer, a stormwall, and the chasms. The insignia on the shardbearer's cloak and banner make me curious, as I can't recall any crab shaped sigils.

WordsofRadiance_new_1920x1080.jpg

WoR displays one of the more epic confrontations in that book as Kaladin arrives to confront Szeth.

oathbringer_cover-full_art_final.jpg?typ

And Oathbringer's art does an amazing job of showing Jasnah being Awesome.

I'm actually torn between WoR and OB covers since both portray characters that I love at key moments in the story. I think emotionally I have a bit more leaning towards the WoR cover as that's a scene that has repeatedly had me tearing up and cheering Kaladin on.

3 minutes ago, Draigon said:

I think that all the covers are improved by seeing the full art.

WoK-branded-wallpaper-1680x1050.jpg

WoK's cover sets the scene of the shattered plains. You have a shardbearer, a stormwall, and the chasms. The insignia on the shardbearer's cloak and banner make me curious, as I can't recall any crab shaped sigils.

I think that the shardbearer is Eshonai. The blade matches the description of hers, and the cloak seems parshendi-y or chasmfiendy

Embarrassed I didn't think about doing the whole art instead of just the book cover I love your points I'm thinking that the Way of King shardplate guy maybe a generic shardplate guy  because it was so new to Michael Whelan he didn't have enough details but maybe he reads a whole book before it doesn't cover I don't know his process

The Way of Kings cover is my favorite. There is just something about it... something awe-inspiring, something majestic, something more to it than the others. Even without all that, it would hold a special place in my heart anyway because that cover is what first drew me to read SA and eventually to the Cosmere as a whole.

17 minutes ago, Ookla the Variable said:

I think that the shardbearer is Eshonai. The blade matches the description of hers, and the cloak seems parshendi-y or chasmfiendy

Did some digging, and this is supposed to a relatively early scene from the book where Dalinar and Eshonai see one another across chasms. Dalinar is also supposed to be the foreground character, and any mismatches between art and book should just be seen as art not matching life exactly.

19 minutes ago, SilverTiger said:

The Way of Kings cover is my favorite. There is just something about it... something awe-inspiring, something majestic, something more to it than the others. Even without all that, it would hold a special place in my heart anyway because that cover is what first drew me to read SA and eventually to the Cosmere as a whole.

I read Brandon Sanderson's The Wheel of Time Books first due to the fact that I was a huge WOT fan once I saw what he did finishing my  favorite book series of all time at that point in time. SA has now surpassed WOT  as my favorite  though there's only 3 books to WOT 14I  was like I have to read this guy otber  books The Waking ogf Kings was my first cosmere.

• Chaos locked this topic