Shards and the Numbers associated with them

AkriTheEdge

To start if there is already a Thread about this please link me. new to the forums so not up on all the threads.

So Brandon has said that there is actually a link between the shards and the Numbers that they associate with. for example Preservation was linked to 16. Honer was linked to 10. Odiam is linked to 9. this makes me think that perhaps when Big A was shattered each peace was taken up in a Order. and that makes me think what order the power was taken has a effect on there powers. but this makes me wonder what the order for the others would be. Thoughts?? am i crazy. lets discuss

• AkriTheEdge changed the title to Shards and the Numbers associated with them

I think that makes sense. On Sel we know of a few ways to access the Dor. There is AonDor, Dakhor, and ChayShan in Elantris. Then there is also Forgery and Blood Sealing.

Since we know that Dominion and Devotion both were there before they were killed, it makes it a bit difficult to ascribe numbers to them, but we can be fairly certain that they are at least in the first five.

I've always more or less assumed that the number is related to the order in which they were shattered in, but something in my gut tells me that Brandon would attach a more complex meaning to the number than that. I feel as if we are on the right track but missing important information.

If someone could get a WoB on if there are any shards associated with a number that is not 1 through 16 then it help confirm this line of thought, or point us to the right one if we are wrong.

• Chaos locked this topic