Well of Ascension Leatherbound

Andy92

Ordered mine.  Rust the 90 character limit on personalizations.  Asked the following: "Atium was not a basic metal. Does the Era 2 table of 16 have a similar mistake?"

Would have expanded the question if I could, but I'm hoping to confirm, or destroy, my pet theory that Aluminum does not belong in the basic metals.

Super excited for the art though, some of what has been posted looks amazing.

2 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

You can add extra things later in the process. I’m not certain how much the extra instructions are looked at. I guess I’ll know if I get a birthday greeting.

I saw that.  But I was not sure I trusted it.  I'm going to feel like an idiot If I could have expanded my question there.  I did use that section to ask for a quote if I get an RAFO.

19 hours ago, spotty said:

Just ordered mine. I like the idea of random quote :) so thats what i asked.

I always have him write quotes I like in my books. I see why people use it as a method to get their questions answered, but I prefer handwritten quotes myself. 

On December 14, 2017 at 5:17 PM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

It’s my only chance to ask a question, so I used it for that. I had a quote in TFE one though.

It's definitely a good way to ask him something. I always seem to struggle thinking of questions I can't find on this website though lol. 

My question has oathbringer spoilers, looked at rhe rules, I don't think I can post it even with spoiler tags :(

But the pictures of this edition were amazing! I'll likely buy all of Brandon's work in leatherbound, My go to Christmas present to myself for sure. There were no regrets for me in buying the final empire book, I love to take care of it and I'm always a bit mesmerized buy the pictures and the format itself, which I always make sure to look at randomly and when I clean a bit between pages.

On 12/14/2017 at 5:17 PM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

It’s my only chance to ask a question, so I used it for that. I had a quote in TFE one though.

Same here.  He never seems to come to Montreal, and rarely the rest of Canada at that.  And I have very limited funds (read: none) for travel.  So I ask my one to two questions a year through pre-ordered books.  For everything else, I live vicariously through the people who can actually attend.

I do make a point of asking for a quote if I get RAFO'd, or if there is enough space in the request.  He does tend to use the same quote for each signing of the book and it is usually 2-5 words, which is nice, and I enjoy that too.

The hard part is deciding which question to ask, and phrasing it in 90 characters or less.  That is tough.

• 3 weeks later...

I got mine shipped to my inlaws in the states, So I won't see it til their next visit to Canada after it gets delivered.  So I hope it gets delivered before they come up for their visit in February.

Has anyone gotten theirs yet?  Any fun things signed in them, or questions answered?  Please let me live vicariously through your pictures of the leathery goodness until I can have mine.  I swear I'm not an addict.

7 hours ago, Farnsworth said:

I ordered mine on December 27th and it still hasn’t come. Is this normal?

Mine hasn't arrived yet either. Personalized copies can take around 6 weeks sometimes, so I wouldn't worry about it. 

Yeah, he said he would be shipping all the simple personalizations to try to have them in homes for Christmas, but anything with more complex requests - questions or extensive quotes or limericks, those would be shipped mid January.

I expect mine in February, as I had it shipped to my inlaws in New York, and I live in Montreal - So I can only live vicariously through your beautiful pictures for now.

• 2 weeks later...

@Stark

Got mine today!!!! 

48E86F94-9E83-482C-9C33-E08531413E4E.thumb.jpeg.1e31dcd3a9a5a2d5e3b624e0dcaf1c4d.jpeg

The artwork is beautiful. I love how the front and back endpapers create one scene. Howard Lyon did a fantastic job with the hands. 

F2CEA46F-88A5-4845-B563-007D33C440C4.thumb.jpeg.a994ca3a713485aed35fbb6a5c9f416f.jpeg

There were two places when I ordered my book to put personalizations. I guess I must have entered the info wrong because it didn’t get personalized. One was comments and one was personalization. I put my name in the comments section. It was highlighted on the printed out paper I received so maybe I did put it in the right place and he just didn’t see it? Oh well, I live in Utah and can take it to a signing easier that most people I suppose. It is beautiful. The paper feels fantastic. 

image.thumb.jpg.2fad124458195a4f21aeb659e04e4a53.jpg

23 minutes ago, JoyBlu said:

Got mine today!!!! 

Nice!  That looks awesome! The endpapers look freaking amazing.  Too bad he lied in his inscription to you - that's clearly ink and paper, not steel. I am very jealous - My inlaws got into town this week and made no mention of having a book for me.  So I likely won't see mine until March or April sadly.

Enjoy reading it, it looks stunning.  I'm really curious what other bonus material is included.

• 2 weeks later...