Recruitment to the guilds

MacThorstenson

I have a fear that the cookie wars have gone on too long and are wrecking the experience of new comers on the site.

The intro threads have turned into a vicious battle field of recruitment, where people are flooded by devious posts to steal breath, have parts of their soul stolen, or fed pieces of investiture. I think that there needs to be a set of rules that the guilds follow in terms of recruitment on the intro threads so that the they can be used to introduce people to the website like they supposed to. People should be able to feel welcome on the site for what they contribute, and not just for their membership to your particular group.

After thinking for a while, I though of a few guidelines that guilds could use to help make peoples entrance into the site more enjoyable. Here they are: 

• Giving new people a reputation point if you try to recruit them.
  • Making sure that you ask them a question about them, whether it be about what books they have read, or what their favorite character is, try to make them feel welcome on the site.
  • If someone from at least two more guilds/groups has tried to recruit them, don't also post something trying to recruit them to a third place
  • I would say that warning someone about the dangers of being in a specific group is fine, just don't make you post to their thread solely about how the other group is terrible try to follow the other bullet points above. 
  • Also, if your going to warn about how another group is trying to lie to them, don't use that as an opportunity to recruit them into your guild. I.e. Someone offers them a cookie, you reply with saying that they are trying to take your soul and they should try your completely safe investiture as an alternative.

These points aren't supposed to be final, if anyone has anything that they want to add or discuss, please post something about it.

I like that Idea, but I'm not sure if it could be implemented. Most groups that are active don't actually recruit front up, and rely on stealth and tricking newcomers to join. Giving a background to your group would completely destroy the scheme.

In fact, now that I'm Looking at it, I realize that the majority of posts aren't actually meant for recruiting, they just wan't people that they can trick into eating their foods. Personally, when I try to recruit people to the Dark Alley, as opposed to give them a cookie, I try to explain a little bit about what we are and what we are doing. Again though, not many people are actually recruiting these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new (obviously). What exactly are these clans? Is this related to your reputation (upvotes)? I don't even know how I became a spren, I thought it was just the default for all new-comers. LOL. 

Edit: I just noticed it's skaa now. LOL.

Edited by gerareg

Hi, I'm new (obviously). What exactly are these clans? Is this related to your reputation (upvotes)? I don't even know how I became a spren, I thought it was just the default for all new-comers. LOL. 

Edit: I just noticed it's skaa now. LOL.

The clans in this thread are just fa made groups, The golden name beneath your picture is related to your reputation and has nothing to do with the clans.

Edited by MacThorstenson

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It depends on the guild, some guilds simply require you to post that you want to join. Others require you to swear an oath, similar to the knights radiant oath's. My Guild, people you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley, requires that you offer a new member a cookie in the signup thread before joining. I would suggest reading the original post of the guild, they usually outline what to do. Also, be careful, most guilds are inactive and the guild leaders generally have to accept your post before joining. A lot of times the guild leader won't get the message that you posted on that thread.