[OB] Rayse = Solved!

Joe ST

strap yourselves in nerds, buckle up for some wild revelations:

So we have the Shin, a bunch of pasty white, wide-eyed people who like to collect swords, and use Japanese-style honorifics.. yup they're all weaboos....

which leads me to my conclusion: Rayse, their native (to Ashyn) Shardy-boi, who seems to espouse being Passion, once got slighted by something inconsequential, and became the whiny-peebaby we all know and love/hate.... yus that's right Rayse is the god of the patriarchy

I frankly have no idea how to respond to this, Joe, you have rendered me speechless...

Because you're right. Think about it! Indeed. He's even fighting a goddess who is basically the Mom-Shard. A++ theory if you ask me. xD

Edited by Ookla the Kandra

45 minutes ago, Joe ST said:

So we have the Shin, a bunch of pasty white, wide-eyed people who like to collect swords, and use Japanese-style honorifics.. yup they're all weaboos....

which leads me to my conclusion: Rayse, their native (to Ashyn) Shardy-boi, who seems to espouse being Passion, once got slighted by something inconsequential, and became the whiny-peebaby we all know and love/hate.... yus that's right Rayse is the god of the patriarchy

I don't get it.

On 12/9/2017 at 4:03 AM, Joe ST said:

@Joe ST, I think I can now pledge my undying loyalty to you. This was incredible.

tenor.gif?itemid=4384766

On 12/9/2017 at 4:03 AM, Joe ST said:

Also, MIND BLOWN. AGREE.

how about that anxiety though when somebody mentions the "patriarchy" online and you don't know how many butthurt people will come in and shout at you

1 hour ago, LinkasZelda said:

Also, MIND BLOWN. AGREE.

how about that anxiety though when somebody mentions the "patriarchy" online and you don't know how many butthurt people will come in and shout at you

More like, "I can't tell whether or not this is satire and at this point I'm too afraid to ask."

20 hours ago, LinkasZelda said:

OK, I am properly shamed. I was thinking that this was some sort of made up word that Google would be unable to help me with. I assumed incorrectly and made a proverbial chull of myself. That sarcastic set of Google instructions is objectively funny though, well done.

FWIW, I'm 33 (which is either old or young depending on the context) and that is not a word that I have ever heard before. I'm also living in an Appalachian urban area which is it's own sort of oxymoron to people who don't live in Birmingham, Huntsville, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Asheville or Pittsburgh. My point is that while we do have small Asian communities in "hill country" you'd be hard pressed to find someone with any visibility (i.e. someone other than nerdy twenty-somethings congregating in a basement) who could fairly be described as a Caucasian obsessed with Japanese culture (i.e. a "weeaboo"). Nevertheless, my bad; I should have looked first.

Moving on... and keeping in mind that (A) I'm old, (B) I live in a geographic & cultural backwater, and (C) I'm an engineering & accounting major who never took any humanities courses outside of required electives like freshman & sophomore literature... I'd like to second @Morsk and ask, "How are white people obsessed with anime associated with patriarchy?"

Are we just connecting "weeaboos" to patriarchy by throwing some shade at the archetypal privileged white male? If so, is it safe to apply the following logic?

• Odium - Shard of passion & hatred - is the god of the Shin
  • The Shin = white people obsessed with Asian/Japaneese culture 
  • Ergo, Odium is an angry & powerful white guy
  • Angry & powerful white guys = patriarchy
Edited by Ookla the Hatter
formatting problems

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Hatter said:

OK, I am properly shamed. I was thinking that this was some sort of made up word that Google would be unable to help me with. I assumed incorrectly and made a proverbial chull of myself. That sarcastic set of Google instructions is objectively funny though, well done.

FWIW, I'm 33 (which is either old or young depending on the context) and that is not a word that I have ever heard before. I'm also living in an Appalachian urban area which is it's own sort of oxymoron to people who don't live in Birmingham, Huntsville, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Asheville or Pittsburgh. My point is that while we do have small Asian communities in "hill country" you'd be hard pressed to find someone with any visibility (i.e. someone other than nerdy twenty-somethings congregating in a basement) who could fairly be described as a Caucasian obsessed with Japanese culture (i.e. a "weeaboo"). Nevertheless, my bad; I should have looked first.

Moving on... and keeping in mind that [A] I'm old, I live in a geographic & cultural backwater, and [C] I'm an engineering & accounting major who never took any humanities courses outside of required electives like freshman & sophomore literature... I'd like to second Morsk (see quote below) and ask, "How are white people obsessed with anime associated with patriarchy?"

Are we just connecting "weeaboos" to patriarchy by throwing some shade at the archetypal privileged white male? If so, is it safe to apply the following logic?

• Odium - Shard of passion & hatred - is the god of the Shin
  • The Shin = white people obsessed with Asian/Japaneese culture 
  • Ergo, Odium is an angry & powerful white guy
  • Angry & powerful white guys = patriarchy

I think that's where they're going, yeah

3 hours ago, Ookla the Hatter said:

I'm also living in an Appalachian urban area which is it's own sort of oxymoron to people who don't live in Birmingham, Huntsville, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Asheville or Pittsburgh.

Me as well! Not in any of those cities specifically but quite near one. It's rather dismal here, actually. 

• Chaos locked this topic