PrincessMorpheus

[OB] Betrayal of the Radiants

6 posts in this topic

What if the Radiants didn't willingly break their oaths? They found out the truth about the voidbringers which was devastating. This truth created a conflict within them thus automatically breaking the oaths and killing the spren. They then give up their shards because they're dead rather than the spren dying because they gave up their blades. 

That's how I understand it bases on Kaladin's musings on the subject (found on page 1203).

Edit: Sorry I couldn't get a better picture. I tried to balance the book in one hand and take a picture in the other and I guess I am not well coordinated

20171208_121853.jpg

Edited by Ammanas

In the Feverstone Keep vision, the shards of the Radiants were still glowing until they dropped them, which seems to indicate that they (the spren) were still alive up until that very point when the glow faded. 

7 minutes ago, Spoolofwhool said:

In the Feverstone Keep vision, the shards of the Radiants were still glowing until they dropped them, which seems to indicate that they (the spren) were still alive up until that very point when the glow faded. 

Good point that I hadn't thought of. Perhaps their oaths were hanging on a thread and this was just a final step. Kind of a like a man that's married and having been living separate from his wife for years, dating other people, and finally gets notice about the divorce papers going through. They were basically divorced, but it wasn't official yet.

Edited by Ammanas

The feverstone keep scene is quite explicit, all' the Windrunner and Stonewarden come to that Place to break their Oaths.

The Nahel Bond was fine before that action as It showed by the Windrunner's arrive through Surges.

By the way, It's not the give away the Shards that killed the Spren, the Radiants broke heir Oaths separatelly than giving away the Shards.

I think the Radiants accidentally exploded the Shattered Plains when they de-souled the Parsh.