[OB] Who do you think the other Bondsmiths will be?

teknopathetic

5 hours ago, Ookla the maladroit said:

Yes, but isn’t dead? How could he bond a spren when he is dead?

Well, Oathbringer makes it seem like Nohadon is perhaps a cognitive shadow (Dalinar has a vision with Nohadon that is not from the Stormfather and Nohadon is very sentient in that vision). Also, when Jasnah reads TWoK, the sound of the words being read give off light. As well, Dalinar is holding TWoK when Odium fails to corrupt Dalinar. We don't know where the "unite them" voice is coming from, and Nohadon is the simplest answer to some of us. 

There is just a lot of weirdness going on with Nohadon, and a few of us suspect that Nohadon isn't 100% completely dead-dead. 

Edited by teknopathetic

On 12/8/2017 at 2:51 PM, Smokeform said:

I think it’s going to be Fen.  She was able to adapt remarkably to a Bondsmith Vision. When she was in Dalinar’s vision she not only saved the young girl but also was able to unite the people of the village and form a cohesive force to battle the midnight essence creatures. I don’t know which of the siblings she would bond though. 

I was going to say this same thing if I didn't see it in here. 

Venli's already quite a ways into becoming a Willshaper, and after the fiasco with Jasnah and Szeth, I really doubt Brandon is bringing Eshonai back.  

Nohadon, whaaaaaaa? 

Fen makes a but more sense.  She also fulfills my criteria of covering ground better than Navani, but the question remains of what spren she'll use. I can't think of any obvious answers.  

5 hours ago, Ymawgat said:

I like the idea of Venli becoming a bondsmith.

• She already wears envoy form (which grants spiritual adhesion/connection).
  • She has things in her past she regrets, just like Dalinar.
  • Frees up the Willshaper order for Eshonai.

But... Eshaoni is out of the running, isn’t she?

On 12/9/2017 at 11:00 AM, teknopathetic said:

Nohadon was the King of Alethkar at the time of the last true desolation. 

Okay, but there's nothing to indicate Nohadon was a radiant. The vision Dalinar has of Nohadon speaking directly to him is probably not Nohadon.

24 minutes ago, Ookla the maladroit said:

But... Eshaoni is out of the running, isn’t she?

She better not be?

I can't see the point of killing her off for good. It's like Brandon said in one of his fantasy writing lectures: people who picked up stormlight picked it up to read a book where the main characters don't die for good (at least not until the final book), so perma-killing a character who so clearly deserves a radiant arc isn't going to be very interesting or satisfying for anyone still reading?

also like (mistsborn era 2 spoilers)

Spoiler

If Brandon's willing to bring back Kelsier he should bring back Eshonai, who frankly deserves to be a main character a lot more imo.

I have no idea and I'm glad for it.

I used to be a fan of Taravangian but he gave up...he may have another mad genius day that causes him to betray Odium though.

Ishar is a good choice

I would have it but Navani is a good match for the Sibling.

On 12/9/2017 at 2:00 PM, teknopathetic said:

Nohadon was the King of Alethkar at the time of the last true desolation. 

Not true.

Nohadon was not king  at the time of the last desolation. 

Nohadon was early. The Way of Kings (the in world book) was the inspiration for the Orders. The Knights were established and fought in the Desolations. If he were king at the end, the Orders as we know of them would have only existed between Ahariatiem and the Recreance. 

Edited by Ookla, the Incalculable

On 9-12-2017 at 9:15 AM, NamelessThirteenth said:

To be honest I really do think that Navani is the best candidate but then I deeply think about it and I remember how the plot goes so far off the predicted rails and we all get confused...RIP Elhoker and his Almost-Bond...and so my theory is:

The sibling bonds with Graves

Graves is dead. Sorry.

I am kind of hoping that Dalinar bonds all of the Bondsmith spren.

From a passage in OB I think the 2nd Bondsmith spren is going to be somekind of stone spren representing the continent of Roshar.  The singers mention gods of stone and wind.  god of wind would be the Stormfarther.  The 3rd bondsmith spren would be the sibling.

On 12/8/2017 at 3:16 PM, Aleksiel said:

I think it will be queen Fen. She organized the villagers in the vision Dalinar threw her into quite fast and well, too, even if she did sacrifice the mother. She's a good ruler from what we know and balances between factions skillfully.

I really like this idea, and if we do get another bondsmith I hope that its Fen. She is an awesome character, and - while I love Navani - another Kholin bondsmith might not be great for the coalition. Plus, Dalinar and Navani are already enough of a power couple.

Fen is one of the few characters who speaks to Dalinar as an equal, and I really hope we see more of her in the future.

Not that we have any information on this but I feel like the Bondsmiths are supposed to embody the ideas of the different cultures. The Stormfather is very extreme and won't be stopped in any way. I wonder if the other two siblings will need to be bonded to someone from another society. Like if the Nightwatcher is a the 2nd bondsmith spren, maybe a Shin would need to bond with her as shin want to grow things, they regard farmers higher than anything else so maybe their mindset fits the most with her.

No clue about the 3rd sibling though

The Nightwatcher seems to me to be the Spren of Trade: Perfect for Fen   

I can give you a sword. Do you want gems? Wealth? Etc etc. 

Plus, the Shin worship Cultivation, and they focus very hard on trying to give self-defeating, unfavourable trades. 

Edited by teknopathetic

36 minutes ago, Solant said:

Was there no bondsmith at the time of the recreance? If so, wouldn't his spren be dead? I'm not sure why, but I think one of the bond smith spren is Oathbringer itself.

I believe Melishi was the last Bindsmith at the recreance. Likely he died and his Spren (the storm father?)  was spared. The sibling was already pulling away at that point, but perhaps The Sibling was the latest BondSpren. 

On 12/8/2017 at 3:51 PM, Smokeform said:

I think it’s going to be Fen.  She was able to adapt remarkably to a Bondsmith Vision. When she was in Dalinar’s vision she not only saved the young girl but also was able to unite the people of the village and form a cohesive force to battle the midnight essence creatures. I don’t know which of the siblings she would bond though. 

Yes. This. Personally I think it (the sibling) is going to be a spren of the sea. Thematically appropriate to bond with a Thaylen.

Supported by horneater belief of a god of the sky (Stormfather), earth (nightwatcher), and sea (sibling).

And Taravangian has dibs on the Noghtwatcher.

Perhaps it's downfall is related to Aimia?